The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

British And American Whippets

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hiya Annie, ofcourse you can come with us. It is a good site isnt it? Have you looked at the ads? I think that you can see the difference between the Whippets on the East and West coasts . I found the line up that had the Winners bitch rather varied for type and Im sure that the entry was huge. I think that that particular line up illustrates rather well the difference between British and American Whippets.

Nicky

UKUSA said:
Hiya Annie, ofcourse you can come with us. It is a good site isnt it? Have you looked at the ads? I think that you can see the difference between the Whippets on the East and West coasts . I found the line up that had the Winners bitch rather varied for type and Im sure that the entry was huge. I think that that particular line up illustrates rather well the difference between British and American Whippets.Nicky

Annie Nicky said you could come with us but failed to say it would only be in a bag carrying capacity and to be our slave. Looking at the winners bitch and reserve winners bitch I thought they were completely different types.

patsy said:
UKUSA said:
Hiya Annie, ofcourse you can come with us. It is a good site isnt it? Have you looked at the ads? I think that you can see the difference between the Whippets on the East and West coasts . I found the line up that had the Winners bitch rather varied for type and Im sure that the entry was huge. I think that that particular line up illustrates rather well the difference between British and American Whippets.Nicky

Annie Nicky said you could come with us but failed to say it would only be in a bag carrying capacity and to be our slave. Looking at the winners bitch and reserve winners bitch I thought they were completely different types.

Where do I get to see these, all I saw was a 2 minute clip, do I have to click on the link??

I would just like to say that I totally disassociate myself from comments made by my friend ( Im in enough trouble as it is) however I do agree with the comments made about the winners and reserve winners bitch.

Thank you

Nicky

T Hoare said:
patsy said:
UKUSA said:

Where do I get to see these, all I saw was a 2 minute clip, do I have to click on the link??

Tracy you go onto www.Ewhippetzine.com go to contents and then click onto Nationals 2008 then you will be away.

patsy said:
T Hoare said:
patsy said:
UKUSA said:

Tracy you go onto www.Ewhippetzine.com go to contents and then click onto Nationals 2008 then you will be away.

Thanks Patsy, will have a look now. :thumbsup:

Yes Patsy I agree there were different types. One was heavier set than the other, one dare I say more english.

Last edited by a moderator:
quintessence said:
Just out of interest did any of you win The Lottery? ;)
Jenny

No such luck Jenny, we will have to go ahead with our plans to breed a little black number. We think we are getting a little too old to be seriously trying to colour breed, it would take a lot of time and thought, but we have a lovely back brindle bitch who has been a producer so may give it a go.

The BEST OF BREED is now on Ewhippetzine from the Nationals.

Ch OXFORD TOBELL FIRE & ICE and what a lovely quality dog he looks, very smooth, one I would love to own. No picture yet of the best opposite sex.

patsy said:
The BEST OF BREED is now on Ewhippetzine from the Nationals.Ch OXFORD TOBELL FIRE & ICE and what a lovely quality dog he looks, very smooth, one I would love to own. No picture yet of the best opposite sex.

Looks very nice from the picture, think I could happily give that one a whirl too.

See what you mean about a little black dress but what about a birthday suit too, no rude comments please.......

Ads are interesting too Nikki but must admit I love the 'set up' of the show, really would feel spoilt there. Also agree differing types in the line ups, but this can easily happen here too, and some difference between coasts but so interesting.

No prob. with being just a bag carrier either BUT slave......hmm will think about that one.

Keep it going, will need loads to read when I log back on in a week or so's time :thumbsup:

patsy said:
The BEST OF BREED is now on Ewhippetzine from the Nationals.Ch OXFORD TOBELL FIRE & ICE and what a lovely quality dog he looks, very smooth, one I would love to own. No picture yet of the best opposite sex.

Just had a nose, and wow he looks like a super dog, very balanced

Girls...sorry I think the BOB at US National is a bitch??? lol

Ms Molly said:

You are quite right & i think most people would know that the very beautiful Ch Oxford Tobell Fire and Ice aka "Ella" is most definitely a bitch & a very lovely one at that :thumbsup:

nina said:
Ms Molly said:

You are quite right & i think most people would know that the very beautiful Ch Oxford Tobell Fire and Ice aka "Ella" is most definitely a bitch & a very lovely one at that :thumbsup:

Oops sorry yes Fire & Ice is a bitch, still very lovely and that is the differing standards.

So Patsy an Nicki how many of those lil black/white numbers from the national are you going to import??

Here is my BOB from Whipet Specialty in Califonia. She is lovely fronted, nice low front movement and sound. However I would prefer a better shape in underline but she was of a good size.

Molly

bob_whippet_Spec2.jpg

I dont think, Molly, upon reflection, that we will be importing any little black and white numbers for the time being however we will keep our options open!

I think we all could be forgiven for thinking that the B.O.B winner at the A.W.C national was a dog. At first glance handsome would be a word that would spring to mind. I certainly didnt look to see if he/ she had a willy because whatever the breed, Ive never thought that you should have to look under the tail to check the sex. You should be able to look at a dog and it should look like a dog and ofcourse a bitch should look like a bitch.

Yes I agree very beautiful but looking at that picture and I realize it is only a picture, if that Whippet WAS a dog and coming to this country I think that a lot of us would be very excited, me included.

For me this bitch is a good example of the difference, in this case bitch wise, of the difference between U.K/U.S.A Whippets. And just to be sure there are no misunderstandings I do think that she is a beautiful Whippet

Annie have a good time in Sweden.

Nicky

P.S

Annie ,Patsy wants to know if we can come as slaves!!!!!!

Nicky

UKUSA said:
I dont think, Molly, upon reflection, that we will be importing any little black and white numbers for the time being however we will keep our options open!I think we all could be forgiven for thinking that the B.O.B winner at the A.W.C national was a dog. At first glance handsome would be a word that would spring to mind. I certainly didnt look to see if he/ she had a willy because whatever the breed, Ive never thought that you should have to look under the tail to check the sex. You should be able to look at a dog and it should look like a dog and ofcourse a bitch should look like a bitch.

Yes I agree very beautiful but looking at that picture and I realize it is only a picture, if that Whippet WAS a dog and coming to this country I think that a lot of us would be very excited, me included.

For me this bitch is a good example of the difference, in this case bitch wise, of the difference between U.K/U.S.A Whippets. And just to be sure there are no misunderstandings I do think that she is a beautiful Whippet

Annie have a good time in Sweden.

Nicky

Quite agree Nicky

UKUSA said:
P.SAnnie ,Patsy wants to know if we can come as slaves!!!!!!

Nicky

Well of course you can........shame that there won't be any Whippets to look at tho', but might find a few ;) , only large & powerful I.W's, glad I'm not handling :teehee:

Just popped in for a quick 'look see' before I pack my case, late as ever :- " , and yes still like the BOB winner even with 'differences' .

Also pictures are not always the best way to truely comment on, better to assess in the flesh. Wouldn't mind that job and would then give my true impressions :teehee: :teehee: :teehee: Have fun & see you soon

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back