The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

British And American Whippets

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
patsy said:
UKUSA said:
I think it would be terrific, if, we the home of the Whippet were able to put the same thing on but I dont think we have the  organizational  skills of the Americans or the desire to get it together which is a shame. Full credit to the A.W.C, the planning etc that must go in to this event must be immense. Im looking forward to Atlanta.Nicky

Yes Nicky I am so looking forward to Atlanta, we are going to have a busy year as we also have the World show, so lots of new whippets to see and judge.

We've already booked hotel and flights! I can't wait!

Wendy

Just had an email from Angie Diehl Moxi's owner, she took 11,000 photos at the Nationals so Ewhippetzine is going to have lots of lovely pictures to look at.

Heavens Patsy, 11000, well I look forward to seeing them, the Ewhippetzine site is soooo good.

Nicky

UKUSA said:
Heavens Patsy, 11000, well I look forward to seeing them, the Ewhippetzine site is soooo good.Nicky

Yes it is wonderful, more pictures by the day, it would be wonderful if we had something like that here, well we have got our National on Sunday, that is of course that Roger hasn't made the cock up that he made a welks, entries still sitting in the schedule.

The top twenty is now up on ewhippetzine and it is just wonderful. A BIG well done to Lesley at least we can claim you as one of ours from this side of the pond who kept the flag flying for us. Hope to see you at N.E.W.S again this year.

Nicky

patsy said:
UKUSA said:
Heavens Patsy, 11000, well I look forward to seeing them, the Ewhippetzine site is soooo good.Nicky

Yes it is wonderful, more pictures by the day, it would be wonderful if we had something like that here, well we have got our National on Sunday, that is of course that Roger hasn't made the cock up that he made a welks, entries still sitting in the schedule.

:oops: Silly Roger, then perhaps not. ;)

T Hoare said:
patsy said:
UKUSA said:

Saved a lot of money but the weekend was planned and we were doing News as well, no good dragging Roger north for a open show. It was very much last thing when he could not find the passes, then he wouldn't be able to would he.

patsy said:
T Hoare said:
patsy said:
UKUSA said:

Saved a lot of money but the weekend was planned and we were doing News as well, no good dragging Roger north for a open show. It was very much last thing when he could not find the passes, then he wouldn't be able to would he.

The wonderful Ewhippetzine has lots more pictures up including our whippet club championship show, pictures of all the class winners and the results.

patsy said:
patsy said:
T Hoare said:
patsy said:
UKUSA said:

The wonderful Ewhippetzine has lots more pictures up including our whippet club championship show, pictures of all the class winners and the results.
Thanks Patsy will have another look.

I have been busy on one of my other projects, which is tracing my family tree, so have not been on either forums much the last couple of days. :sweating:

Natalia, Thank-you for posting that, how nice to watch. American Whippets, beautifully handled as always.

Nicky

You know Annie thats a wonderful idea. We certainly have enough talented people , clever with that type of thing and some great photographers amongst us plus enough people of long standing in our breed who could contribute articles or do interviews. I can think of three people who could get it off the ground though I hasten to add Im not one of them.

Nicky

UKUSA said:
You know Annie thats a wonderful idea. We certainly have enough talented people , clever with that type of thing and some great photographers amongst us plus enough people of long standing in our breed who could contribute articles or do interviews. I can think of three people who could get it off the ground though I hasten to add Im not one of them.Nicky

Seriously I do think this idea should be pursued and I agree there is a vast pool of informative people out there who could contribute and we have some great photographers too so surely there are a few knowledgeable ones who could set this up as a business project?

Like you Nicky, not me I hasten to add as my IT skills are not that advanced :- " but I am sure there is someone out there up to the task. :thumbsup: So come on lets promote the UK Whippet :)

anniewhippet said:
UKUSA said:
You know Annie thats a wonderful idea. We certainly have enough talented people , clever with that type of thing and some great photographers amongst us plus enough people of long standing in our breed who could contribute articles or do interviews. I can think of three people who could get it off the ground though I hasten to add Im not one of them.Nicky

Seriously I do think this idea should be pursued and I agree there is a vast pool of informative people out there who could contribute and we have some great photographers too so surely there are a few knowledgeable ones who could set this up as a business project?

Like you Nicky, not me I hasten to add as my IT skills are not that advanced :- " but I am sure there is someone out there up to the task. :thumbsup: So come on lets promote the UK Whippet :)

Like you and Nicky Annie I think it would be a wonderful idea, I am hopeless on a computer as well. There must be someone out there.. Now I have heard rumbles, and they would be more than capable, I wish they would come out and say they will do it before someone else jumps in.

I have spoken to Dawn and we are thinking of doing something along these lines in the autumn/winter. Obviously, it will take a huge amount of planning and work before we can launch anything but we have been talking about it for a while. We shall, of course, want articles of interest from all aspects of Whippet ownership, showing, lure coursing, racing, agility etc. We also hope to have a kind of "one stop" whippet shop, for everything sighthound. Anyone wishing to submit an article please email us at contactwhippetsrus@googlemail.com. That way we will have a nice lot ready for launch.

Edited to change contact email

Last edited by a moderator:
Juley said:
I have spoken to Dawn and we are thinking of doing something along these lines in the autumn/winter.  Obviously, it will take a huge amount of planning and work before we can launch anything but we have been talking about it for a while.  We shall, of course, want articles of interest from all aspects of Whippet ownership, showing, lure coursing, racing, agility etc. We also hope to have a kind of "one stop" whippet shop, for everything sighthound.  Anyone wishing to submit an article please email us at contactcollarrus@goglemail.com. That way we will have a nice lot ready for launch.
You clever things!

If Jo or I have anything to add, which you think might be of value or interest to anyone then we would of course do something.

How exciting! :D

The design and maintenance of a website like that would not be that difficult to do for anyone competent at that sort of thing. Of course the gathering of relevant info would be the thing. :thumbsup:

Juley said:
I have spoken to Dawn and we are thinking of doing something along these lines in the autumn/winter.  Obviously, it will take a huge amount of planning and work before we can launch anything but we have been talking about it for a while.  We shall, of course, want articles of interest from all aspects of Whippet ownership, showing, lure coursing, racing, agility etc. We also hope to have a kind of "one stop" whippet shop, for everything sighthound.  Anyone wishing to submit an article please email us at contactwhippetsrus@googlemail.com. That way we will have a nice lot ready for launch.
Edited to change contact email

The email address is whippetsrus@googlemail.com.

We would like as many articles as possible from as many people as possible to make the site/e-magazine as interesting as possible.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back