The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Buffy's Babies !!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Oh :wub: :wub: Just beautiful babies. o:) o:) Good Luck Buffy , will milk come eventually then.?

Boy three

dogs_061.jpg

Rachel is here looking at all the pup's :D ,,they look fab :cheers: .

Aww, They're all so gorgeous - well done to you all, especially Buffy!! :wub:

:luck: Lots of luck with the feeding :luck:

Moo.x

Just want to add my congratulations and best wishes to the whole family. They are little :wub: :wub: :wub: s!!

:cheers:congrats to the new skuttlers gna wet the puppies heads 2nit lol :cheers: any excuse for a tipple cheersbuffy :thumbsup:

Awww they look fab!

They look well enough considering buffy doesn't have much milk!

Jill,

You probably know this already but just in case...when your are hand feeding the pups make sure that they are NEVER ON THEIR BACKS, try to simulate the position they would be in naturally if Buffy was producing milk. Also make sure that they are swallowing, if milk comes out their nostrils, you are force feeding them and the fluid is going into their lungs and will cause pneumonia.

Is Buffy expected to produce milk at all? Maybe you can find a surrogate mother to help out? Their are lots of new litters at the moment depending on your location...

All the best

-Jill

:oops:

forgot to say boy five & girl one

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: !!!!!!!!

They are adorable, I am melting looking at all these puppies :wub: :wub:

Girl 2 is a cracker :wub: But they are all wonderfull :wub: :wub:

Hopefully buffies milk will come in soon

Jill said:
Also make sure that they are swallowing, if milk comes out their nostrils, you are force feeding them and the fluid is going into their lungs and will cause pneumonia. 
Would just like to add to this.......... that at the first sign of any pup having a rattley chest, get them onto puppy snylox (antibiotic) this has saved a couple of my collie pups in the past. Good luck with the pups :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoke to Jill,,,all pup's are doing fine, Buffy is a great mother :D . Jill is now letting the pups suckle to try and get Buffy to produce more milk. The weight's range from 8 1/2oz to 10oz. Mum, pup's and Gran all doing fine :D :D

Adorable puppies. I couldn't choose a favourite - they are all just so gorgeous. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hope Buffy is able to feed them herself soon. :luck: :luck: Does it take a little while for the milk to come in (like in humans) and does having a caesarian make a difference?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back