The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Buffy's Babies !!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Congratulations :cheers: to all and well done Buffy :thumbsup: They are absolutely :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: couldn't pick a favourite want them all. Good luck with the feeding :luck: :luck: :luck:

All puppies are sooooooo beautiful. Couldn't chose a favourite one. :wub:

Hope that Buffy is alright and starts feeding them herself.

Congratulations again! :cheers:

All beautiful puppies.. but especially like Boy 5 :wub: :wub: :wub:

Stunning. :thumbsup: Good Luck Buffy and pups

Congratulations to all concerned. What a beautiful litter. Well done. :luck:

Chris :cheers:

Congratulations! :cheers: What a lovely litter of pups! :wub:

The need for the caesar might go hand in hand with the lack of milk ... it depends on a lot of factors. Oxytocin can be given for bitches to help milk let-down, but this only works if there's any milk there to let down! Also I would need to check out whether it's contraindicated in bitches who've undergone a caesar.

There's time for it to come yet, don't panic! And yes, Welpi IS wonderful stuff, I know many healthy happy dogs who wouldn't be here without it!

Good luck Buffy xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :))

Hi Jill

Good luck with the feeding :luck: :luck:

We had the same problem with U whippet having no milk after a c section and she just rejected him completly, so it was all down to me :blink:

At least Buffy is tolerating the pups near her, U whippet wouldn't have anything at all to do with 50p so i had the cleaning and everything to do.

There is a knack to the bottle feeding and you will soon get the hang of it.

Good luck and keep us posted

Last edited by a moderator:
Girl 2 can park herself on my sofa :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hope thinks start to improve soon :luck: :luck: :luck:

Take care

:D Congratulations what a gorgeous little :wub: :wub: :wub:

One of of our bitches had no milk for the first four days after her c-section.

I bottle fed the pups with Welpi milk ( great stuff ) just enough to keep the pups going so thay still suckled none stop , it helps mums milk to start flowing. Try not to worry to much Buffy will get her milk. Just help her out alittle.

GOOD LUCK :luck:

Congratulations :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Lovely puppies.

I hope Buffy will get milk, handfeeding is a very time consuming job. I have done it with couple of orphaned litters. At least you have Buffy to do the "nappies". That is the hardest part .

Good luck

Lida

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again to everyone for your helpful, comforting and sweet cooments, in a stressful time its been so nice to have so many peoples best wishes, and a particularly HUGE thank you to Susan, who couldnt be a bigger support if she tried, even if you had me crying on the phone yesterday - mostly out of relief and happiness ! ;) you are a star !!

Buffy is being a brilliant mum, im so proud of her, still no obvious signs of milk, but the vet has told me to feed them in small amounts so that they keep suckling, which they do all the time, feeding isnt as easy as it looks on the t.v !!! but at least Buffy is doing everything else.

They all look great and seem very content, they are just so cute, I just sit and look at them all the time, ( who needs sleep anyway !!! -_- )

The only one who isnt happy is my boy Jack, who is somewhat confused about the whole thing, but he's just keeping well out the way and gets lots of cuddles and 2 decent walks a day, mind you he gets half the bed now that Buffy is in the box with the pups, theres always a silver lining !!!

Heres a picture of the gang this morning

dogs_074.jpg

Ahhhhhh -mmmmmm -_- -_- Gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub: Heaven sent :thumbsup:

Your welcome Jill, They all look great and Buffy is doing a good job :D

:D Well you must be doing it correctly Jill, they still look nice fat healthy babies :wub:

They're bloody whoppers! Your doing a brilliant job jill :D

Great colour variety! What colour was the sire...any pics????

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! :cheers:

I was out all day and only just caught up.

Trust Buffy is ok and hope all the pups are doing well. They look quite healthy.

Told you she'd have 7., Love the look of boys 4 & 5 o:) o:)

All the very best :luck:

Colin

Here is dad ,,Rch Guess Who,,(Robbie)

RobbieD.jpg

He is white /black,,he had a black spot on the base of his back and a black head.

So glad they are doing okay :wub: , the last photo with Buffy is great with all their different colours.

To increase milk flow, the homoeopathic Urtica Urens 30C has proven very useful and I believe feeding wheat products will help stimulate it as well.

Boy 5 for me - gorgeous markings :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back