The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Congress & National

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well you're lucky Linda because from what I'm hearing all the exhibitors are going to be stuck outside. Apparently not enough room for dogs and crates inside. How are we going to see anything unless we leave our dogs unattended for lengthy periods of time? Seems a shame that this wasn't considered when they chose the venue..... :- "

:rant: :rant: The answer is all the stall holders etc. can be inside. :rant: :rant:

Like we are only the exhibitors, who gives a crap about us?

The idea I thought was to bring Whippet people of Australia together & exhibit them infront of an International gallery. How stupid of me???

Pleased I am only taking bitch's so i dont have to put up with this for 2 days. :- "

Another way of doing it would be to only have 1 class inside at a time. No on-lookers. & the steward can run out to the car park & write the results on a blackboard, & let the next class go in then. That is if there is enough room for 2 class's in the shed. :blink:

I hope the show turn out Ok, but at this stage it looks like $#!t.

Last edited by a moderator:
I"ve been told that it is being held in the covered car park with the white lines on the ground,can anybody tell me if this is true.(all the dogs will be skipping over the lines).

Will neen to get there early to get a good possy.

Angus said:
I"ve been told that it is being held in the covered car park with the white lines on the ground,can anybody tell me if this is true.(all the dogs will be skipping over the lines).
We showed on a lined tennis cort once. The dogs do skip or jump over the lines.

When I entered this show several things were concidered befor I entered. Judge, location, for whom the show was being run for (think obout that one) , time of year etc etc. Yet after all this I still entered. I am travelling on my own 1700kms round trip with 3 bitches. Now I have heard they are NOT WELCOME at the show because the area it too small. Like HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!! The grounds were booked some time back, years maybe. Now we find this out..........

FAIR SUCK OF THE SAV. (Ozzi saying).

I agree with several others that are going to spend a lot of money for this event, & that is given the FACTS earlier, I WOULD NOT OF ENTERED.

I only hope that all reports are wrong, & ample space is available for ALL.

Jon Gunn

Sorry Lana- not going to Toowoomba- will be up at Twin Waters resort with Mrs Gajo and the 4 little Gajos. Part of the deal with 1 weeks leave of absence coming up. See you at the big carpark. :D

And now I also find out ... perhaps I didn't read the info carefully enough ... but we can't book into our accommodation (near the Congress) until lunch time on Thursday. Hope I can park my dogs in the undercover carpark/ring on Thursday morning while I am sitting inside at the Congress.

Starting to get annoyed now ... it's all sounding too difficult. :blink:

Have nice time at Twin Waters then Gajo & Gajo! Who do you think I will have for competition/company then at Toowoomba? Will Lisa be there? She lives close by.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if everyone gets really cranky and stays away- i could take my rats along and have a win.

I can not make it to Congress. I have to run my work here. But always going to the National. Now that exhibitors are only 2nd class citizens, well maybe I have better things to do.

I take it back - I got it wrong - I CAN get into my accommodation on Wednesday night ... what a relief! ^_^

Angus said:
If there are lines Layla will definitely skip over them :ermm:

Gosh , this sounds so awful for exhibitors and dogs alike :angry: Did the powers that be think nobody was going to go ?

Sounds like very bad planning to me , You`d think with 4 years to prepare they could have got it right, :eek:

Maybe its just negative things you are hearing and when you get there it will be all `hunky dorey` ( english saying!!)

Lets hope so , cos most have you have travelled SUCH a long way and deserve the BEST ring poss and the BEST treament too .

Lana , why dont you practice walking over lines now, and then if you have lines in the ring she wont notice them ;) :teehee:

Just heard from a good sorce. There are Marques next to the ring. Well so I heard. Info may be wrong, either way not a good set up.

LOL - I live in the country Jax - there are no lines here to practise with - not even on the road in front of my house! I'd have to drive her to somewhere to practice and I don't have much time left now ... four days and so much to do! (w00t)

aslan said:
LOL - I live in the country Jax - there are no lines here to practise with - not even on the road in front of my house!  I'd have to drive her to somewhere to practice and I don't have much time left now ... four days and so much to do!  (w00t)
:lol: Lana if you've got a tin of white paint & a paint brush you could whip out and paint a few lines on the road so you could practise!!!! :p ;)

I could explain more but I dont think I dare now for fear of putting my foot in it.

Linda

kirislin said:
I could explain more but I dont think I dare now for fear of putting my foot in it.
Linda
The problem is this. It was only word of mouth that we found out that 1. dogs are to be in a marquee, 2. Showing is in another area. & 3. If you want to be with your dog you stay in your own car tent etc.

What I can not get over is that KCC Park can do all this INSIDE. Or is this to far from someones house?

I can now rule flying out. I just can not bring 3 dogs, cages, trolly, personal things & A TENT. The airlines would have a fit.

If it was not the fact that WE as EXHIBITORS do want a National, some would not bother to go. I am only 50-50 now of going. Very poor selection of grounds given the fact there is BETTER not all that far away. Maybe cheaper too.

I think the ring arrangments are the least of our worries. I hear they are introducing random drug testing for dogs and owners.

Buntessa

Buntessa said:
I think the ring arrangments are the least of our worries.  I hear they are introducing random drug testing for dogs and owners. 
Buntessa
I think whoever selected the site was on drugs (w00t)

Where are the comments from Angus? Sitting on the fence is he? Come on Angus tell us what is your opinion. :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back