The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Diet Thread

[SIZE=21pt]HELY I THINK WERE FOR IT NOW[/SIZE] :sweating: :sweating:

[SIZE=21pt] (w00t) YOU BIG FAT FIBBERS YOU ,TROLLOPS THE BOTH OF YOU :- " [/SIZE]

:oops: sorry nicky

im really sorry, here have some chocolate :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to join your topic Nicky, I'll tell you I'm just short of 6ft tall but not my weight in public, I'm shy :- " . Let's just say aim high :blink:

Been poorly for a few days so eaten nothing but Oven Chips, Pizza, Burgers and other ovenable junk.

Can't wait until I can get out and do the shopping, back to some nice fresh meat, fruit and veg.

OH's sister is getting married in May and I'd like to look decent at least, even though I won't be on the wedding photo's :unsure:

It's tough cooking here though as family tend to turn their noses up at trying new things. OH isn't bothered so long as he's fed :teehee: .

Here's hoping, I'll keep a diary up with you and let you know how much I'm losing (or gaining).

Better go out and buy myself a smaller plate, try the brain tricking thing. I want to try the 8 glasses of water a day thing too purely to see if it does make me feel healthier. Exercise will be covered when I get out with the dogs again but being under the weather the last thing I want to do is leave the comfort of my duvet.

Oh better go buy myself a set of person scales (as opposed to dog scales) and a tape measure too :sweating: .

Here we go, trying a diet for the first time in my 21 years lol :wacko:

Fleesh said:
I'm going to join your topic Nicky, I'll tell you I'm just short of 6ft tall but not my weight in public, I'm shy  :- " . Let's just say aim high  :blink:
Been poorly for a few days so eaten nothing but Oven Chips, Pizza, Burgers and other ovenable junk.

Can't wait until I can get out and do the shopping, back to some nice fresh meat, fruit and veg.

OH's sister is getting married in May and I'd like to look decent at least, even though I won't be on the wedding photo's  :unsure:

It's tough cooking here though as family tend to turn their noses up at trying new things. OH isn't bothered so long as he's fed  :teehee: .

Here's hoping, I'll keep a diary up with you and let you know how much I'm losing (or gaining).

Better go out and buy myself a smaller plate, try the brain tricking thing. I want to try the 8 glasses of water a day thing too purely to see if it does make me feel healthier. Exercise will be covered when I get out with the dogs again but being under the weather the last thing I want to do is leave the comfort of my duvet.

Oh better go buy myself a set of person scales (as opposed to dog scales) and a tape measure too  :sweating: .

Here we go, trying a diet for the first time in my 21 years lol  :wacko:

good luck :luck:

getting a smaller plate is a good idea, i use a smaller one........although sometimes all the food drops over the side :wacko:

Fleesh said:
I'm going to join your topic Nicky, I'll tell you I'm just short of 6ft tall but not my weight in public, I'm shy  :- " . Let's just say aim high  :blink:

OH's sister is getting married in May and I'd like to look decent at least, even though I won't be on the wedding photo's  :unsure:

It's tough cooking here though as family tend to turn their noses up at trying new things. OH isn't bothered so long as he's fed  :teehee: .

Oh better go buy myself a set of person scales (as opposed to dog scales) and a tape measure too  :sweating: .

Here we go, trying a diet for the first time in my 21 years lol  :wacko:

GOOD LUCK TO YOU

Thanks girls, I say as I've just put the pizza and chips in for tea, fed the dogs and crawled back under my blanket to cough myself into a quiet grave :b

Maybe I'll start tomorrow (w00t)

Fleesh said:
Thanks girls, I say as I've just put the pizza and chips in for tea, fed the dogs and crawled back under my blanket to cough myself into a quiet grave  :b
Maybe I'll start tomorrow  (w00t)

lol, or next week :- "

Fleesh said:
Thanks girls, I say as I've just put the pizza and chips in for tea, fed the dogs and crawled back under my blanket to cough myself into a quiet grave  :b
Maybe I'll start tomorrow  (w00t)

you can always make it your new year resolution for next year :- "

[SIZE=21pt]COME TO THINK OF IT NICKYS BEEN GONE A WHILE MUST BE ON HER 3RD BOX OF CRUNCHY NUT BY NOW[/SIZE] :- "

trac said:
[SIZE=21pt]COME TO THINK OF IT NICKYS BEEN GONE A WHILE MUST BE ON HER 3RD BOX OF CRUNCHY NUT BY NOW[/SIZE] :- "
cheeky mare ,well iv had a chicken salad sarny so far today ,not shure what im going to have for tea yet ,iv not got the hang of eating earlyer either so used to havin gtea about 7/8 its hard to change routine im usualy not hungry till around 2/3 so dont feel like anything till later then .....i must try harder to eat earlyer ,well done to all you new peeps that are giving it a go ,im not guna weigh now till thursday so if anbody wants to join me on thursday for a weigh in il be here ,also if anybody has some low fat recipies to share put them on here as im struggling a bit on what to do all time as im not best cook in world :b

TOLD YOU BEFORE NICKY PICK UP THE ASDA MAGAZINE USUALLY AT THE TILLS LOADS OF EASY(WELL IM SURE EVEN YOU WILL FIND IT EASY :- " ) TASTY LOW CALORIE MEALS IN IT :huggles:

trac said:
TOLD YOU BEFORE NICKY PICK UP THE ASDA MAGAZINE USUALLY AT THE TILLS LOADS OF EASY(WELL IM SURE  EVEN YOU WILL FIND IT EASY :- " ) TASTY LOW CALORIE MEALS IN IT :huggles:
[SIZE=21pt] (w00t) OOO I MUST OF MISSED THAT HUN ,IL HAVE LOOK ON THURSDAY WHEN I GO SHOPPING :cheers: [/SIZE]

It'll take a while to get used to new eating habits, your body's used to going into starvation mode during the daytime instead of night time when you're supposed to be asleep in bed. I too am a non-breakfast sinner, if I do have it it's always more like 11am and I'm having lunch 2 hours later.

I always find if I eat early on I'm hungry again by 9am and my stomach is screaming FEEEEED MEEEE by 10am. Like someone mentioned earlier on eggs are good for the morning, I find things like eggs, cheese, chicken and fish fill me up, salad peppers are good too but they make me bburp for hours afterwards :b .

I am going to try having a larger breakfast, maybe a bowl of cereal, a glass of juice and a slice of wholemeal toast. If I feel peckish I'll go for fruit, plenty of fibre and vitamins and low on the old calorie counter too. I don't touch white bread as I think it tastes horrible, the thought of someone pouring bleach over my sandwich before I eat it also turns my stomach.

You'll have to be careful with the cereal and things like soup too, my Mum loves Bran Flakes, she is diabetic but it wasn't until I pointed out that they contain THREE times more sugar than the same size portion of Weetabix. Check out your Special K sugar content I think you'll be shocked. Heinz Tomato Soup - it's a veggie so must be healthier than Chicken right ? It actually contains a hell of a lot more sugar than the same brand chicken :eek:

One thing my Mum was always told when she went from a size 24 at her biggest to a size 14 was to stop eating after 6pm and drink nothing but water after 8pm. We always have dinner here around 7pm so I think this might have to change to around 5:30pm.

:eek: OOO I BETTER GET MESELF SOME WEETABIX INSTEAD THEN ,AS FOR SOUP I LOVE THE CHICKEN CUPPA SOUPS THER TASTY AND NOT VERY HIGH IN FAT AND FILL YOU UP TO :)

nicky12 said:
:eek: OOO I BETTER GET MESELF SOME WEETABIX INSTEAD THEN ,AS FOR SOUP I LOVE THE CHICKEN CUPPA SOUPS THER TASTY AND NOT VERY HIGH IN FAT AND FILL YOU UP TO  :)
HAVE YOU TRIED AINSLEY HARRIOTTS CUPPA SOUP NICKY? THEY ARE REALLY TASTY THATS WHAT I HAVE EVERY DAY FOR MY LUNCH AND BECAUSE THEY ARE THICK THEY FILL YOU UP

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back