The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Gold @Excuseme Pregnancy Diary

We've all been out for a chilly walk today. Our "Fat" dog just plodded along but still enjoyed herself. She wanted to get into her favourite chalky puddles, but husband said NO to her. It's just too cold to get wet.
We will soon have a litter of puppies, I do hope she chooses to do it indoors and not out in the kennel (which is of course a lot more private). She would not be cold outside as we have a couple of heater lamps that we can use. She does seem to like the bed that we have beneath the stairs at the moment. Where she has her puppies will be her choice though. We can always make adjustments after they have been born.

Don't forget Josie's guessing game, I'm looking forward to seeing who has the closest guess.

It's all very close now @excuseme and what a fabulous journey you've given us all! so thank you.

What will you do with your other girls when she goes into labour? do they get involved or keep out of it?

Another gentle walk this morning, Sika is not interested in rushing around!

The others; They do not get invited or involved during labour!! They will be introduced later.

Mum just needs to get on with things in private /peace and quiet. They will have supervised viewing as soon as the time is right!

Today at 4 o'clock, the sun is getting low in the sky and shadows are long.

RESIZED SIKA 5th February 2018 007.jpg
RESIZED SIKA 5th February 2018 010.jpg
RESIZED SIKA 5th February 2018 011.jpg

aww she looks like a little barrel bless her!

I keep getting little flutters when I see ' pregnancy diary' come up as a new post! :eek::eek::eek:

I said 5 pups but I think she could have a sneaky 6 in there!....

Today may be the day, her temperature has dropped by 1 degree, which is known to be a good sign. Husband sat up with her all night "holding her hand" ! We have now changed over, he has gone to bed and I am now on watch duty.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:Thanks for keeping us updated! Hoping all goes smoothly and we soon see some lovely little puppies :oops:

Nothing yet, she is very quiet today.
Try walking her up and down curbs, also give her a bath and a groom if you believe it could be today... hope all goes smoothly :)
Just a quick question... has her mucus plug gone that you know of?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back