The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Gold @Excuseme Pregnancy Diary

Aw, congratulations:) I can't wait to hear how last night went.

PHEW !!
What a slow old night! it was my turn to hold Sikas hand.
We have 4 puppies at the moment and Sika is in at the vet's having a cesarian (can't spell) to get the remaining 3 puppies out. We do not know if they will be alive! She was very tired and hardly did any pushing, puppy number 4 arrived at 3 am.
She is bright enough in herself and is not stressed by the remaining puppies still inside her ( no nesting and no straining).
Were just waiting for a call from the vet.

This mornings picture. 1 girl and 3 boys.
RESIZED SIKA 7th Feb 2018 004.jpg

Mum is just coming round from her operation and we have just popped the puppies down to her, now that she is awake, (a 5 minute journey! )
We have 1 more live puppy. There were actually 2 puppies inside her not the 3 that they thought they could see on the xray. The 2 puppies were in the same bag/ placenta, (twins), this is probably why there was a problem and she was so slow producing the other puppies, with this as an obstruction.
We will go back and collect the whole family when the vet is happy that she has come round enough to come home. ( I just can't wait !! )
End total; 6 puppies, with 5 alive, 2 girls and 3 boys, all golden.

That's good news I'm glad mum is OK. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the whole family soon :)

Well done Sika - All golden to - wow! Sad about the 6th puppy but I'm glad all others are ok

Time for some sleep now @excuseme :D

Good news, sad about the one little blighter that didn't make it though :(

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! They are super adorable! :) I'm sorry that the birth didn't go as smoothly as expected :( but I love the colour of them, they look like their mum! :)

All home with mum now. Sika was very hungry and thirsty, she missed breakfast today but the vets did feed her a small amount of kibble. She has had a small feed at normal time since she has been home (some nice wet green tripe).
All settled under the stairs now.
Here's todays picture with the complete family.
RESIZED SIKA 7th Feb 2018 Born today 002.jpg
RESIZED SIKA 7th Feb 2018 Born today 001.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back