The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Home For Tess Special Needs Puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Poor Tess :( Hope she finds a forever home really quickly :luck: :luck: :luck:

hope tess finds the right home soon :luck: :luck: :luck:

well Tess is off to her new home tomorrow courtesy of wendy and tony(doobryfirkin) who were kind enough to do the homecheck for me.cheers you two,i owe you one! :huggles:

the lady who is taking Tess is aware of her problems and still wants her. so tomorrow Tess is off to meet her new family.im keeping everything crossed that it all works out this time.tracey has been made aware that chances are Tess will be like a puppy for the rest of her life.she will never be a normal dog and will have problems learning and so on.but she is still wanting to take her on.Tess is still a bit handshy and is very timid and cowers but she will come and sit next to you on the sofa and is interacting more and more so i hope what my vet said about her brain damage hopefully getting better as she gets older is true.he reckons when it happens to a very young pup theres chances of it repairing itself better than if it were an older dog.i was told tonight that when they first got her she looked at her bowl of food as if she couldnt believe it was all hers and stood over it guzzling away and growling in case the cat or the other dog tried to take it from her,she ate it all so fast she was sick.poor little mite was starving :(

i've got everything crossed for her

:luck: :luck: :luck:

:luck: to Tess - hope this one works out.

We had a brain damaged dog (he was thrown twice off a 70ft bridge when he was a puppy) and he did improve as he got older, he even managed to pass his basic obediance test - although at times he wasnt 'with it'.

good luck to tess in her new home :luck: :luck: :luck: ,ive everything crossed for her :thumbsup:

Besy of luck to Tess in her new room. I also have all my fingers crossed for her :luck:

i dont think shell ever get that well Rae but you never know. :( ive been in floods of tears tonight after i dropped her off,shes such a gentle little soul i just dont understand how anyone can do this to a 6 week old puppy.shes got motor problems and has not got good control over her little legs,she tends to go round and round in circles as if shes been kept caged in a small space,a bit like zoo animals you see that have been driven mad by being caged.her hind leg keeps going from under her every few steps and i dont think she can walk in a straight line.she weed all over me when i took her in Traceys she didnt know where she was or what was going on poor lamb.Tracey has promised me shell love her and look after her so i hope this will be Tess's forever home,the children are nice and are all very well behaved. :) ill see Tracey regularly as she comes in the shop and im hopeful that one day ill see her walking Tess into my shop on a lead. :luck: Tracey wouldnt let them all cuddle her cos she wanted her to get settled and not feel overpowered by them.so she has lots of common sense,which i think is a good thing as shes probably going to need it with her.anyway i like everyone else here am keeping everything crossed that Tess is now settled forever in a loving home where shell never feel fear,hunger or pain ever again. :luck: :luck: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck to tess in her new home :huggles: :luck: :huggles:

this one really pulls at the heart strings,good luck to tess and well done tracey & family :thumbsup:

Rae said:
We had a brain damaged dog (he was thrown twice off a 70ft bridge when he was a puppy) and he did improve as he got older, he even managed to pass his basic obediance test - although at times he wasnt 'with it'.
Thrown off a 70ft bridge TWICE, Oh my God. Poor wee lad.

All the best, little Tess, in your new home.

It makes you want to cry all over again.

kris said:
i dont think shell ever get that well Rae but you never know. :( ive been in floods of tears tonight after i dropped her off,shes such a gentle little soul i just dont understand how anyone can do this to a 6 week old puppy.shes got motor problems and has not got good control over her little legs,she tends to go round and round in circles as if shes  been kept caged in a small space,a bit like zoo animals you see that have been driven mad by being caged.her hind leg keeps going from under her every few steps and i dont think she can walk in a straight line.she weed all over me when i took her in Traceys she didnt know where she was or what was going on poor lamb.Tracey has promised me shell love her and look after her so i hope this will be Tess's forever home,the children are nice and are all very  well behaved. :) ill see Tracey regularly as she comes in the shop and im hopeful that one day ill see her walking Tess into my shop on a lead. :luck: Tracey wouldnt let them all cuddle her cos she wanted her to get settled and not feel overpowered by them.so she has lots of common sense,which i think is a good thing as shes probably going to need it with her.anyway i like everyone else here am keeping everything crossed that Tess is now settled forever in a loving home where shell never feel fear,hunger or pain ever again. :luck:   :luck:   :)
You're an angel Kris o:)

It does sound like Tess is worse than Obi was, but his first home (after the accident) had said they couldnt house train him and hadnt exercised him so he was very unco-ordinated, would also go in circles and fall over after a few steps, but he was such a determined soul that it was amazing the difference in him after 6 months with us, :luck: to Tess she makes a similar miraculous recovery with some tlc and patience.

well i hope youre right Rae,maybe miracles will happen for Tess too. :luck: keith said that after hed had her a couple of weeks she started to wag her tail a bit and when i told Teresa from the rescue she was amazed and said they must have put a lot of work,time and effort into her as she couldnt do anything like that before.i was talking to Tony(doobryfirkin) earlier today,and he said 2 of his dogs had brain damage (one was hit with brick on the head(cheaper than a bullet or going to the vet) :angry: and he says with tlc they can come around again.me and jac are going to see our vet and ask if physio or hydrotherapy might help her.if it will well pay for it as i doubt Tracey could afford it.if we can do anything to help Tess have a better quality of life after what shes been through then well be happy to try it.if anyone here has any suggestions or advice then please feel free to tell us! :)

as for me being an angel lol! :lol: im far from that! :- " just want to help this little girl have a good life after such a bad start. :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: to Tess in her new home

You are a star Kris for putting so much love and care into finding this lovely little girl a new home

Lots of luck to Tess from me, too :luck: Her new family sound lovely, I really hope it all works out for them.

Well done, Kris. Thank goodness for people who care :huggles:

Wishing Tess and Tracey loads of luck , Tess's story is so sad, hope she can now enjoy a brighter future.

Kris, you are brilliant. :huggles:

Mandy

Just caught up with this, people make me sick sometimes. Wishing Tess lots of love and luck in the future. :luck: :huggles:

oh well bad news again im afraid. :( Tess met Traceys little boy and barked at him.he then locked himself in his room and wouldnt come out. :( when he was eventually coaxed out she barked at him again.top and bottom of it is tracey rang me up last night and told me and i advised her what to do,then i rang wendy and told her and she rang tracey and gave the same advice as me.i then rang tracey back and she said Tess was now barking at her daughter and she was scared of her too.so this morning Tess came back here with us.she is getting on well with Razzle and theyre playing about a bit. :) the whippets and my old dog are fine with her. :sweating: shes not bothered with any of the cats yet but i guess shes still new and strange but shell soon learn that cats arent to be chased in this house,they fight back! :- " so for the moment Tess's future is still very uncertain.shes going to my vet for an examination tomorrow and well see what he says about her.i feel a bit of a failure to be honest.ive placed her in two homes now and theyve not worked out.shes going to need someone special who will be willing to take her on with all her problems.i dont think we can keep her as im worried about same sex agression with razzle as jacks are notorious for it.the others arent a problem,whippys are so easy going they put up with anything! :D anyway after shes been here for a while ill be able to assess her better and her like and dislikes etc etc as at the moment shes not been properly assessed and noone seems to know much about her apart from the fact shes brain damaged.thanks everyone for all the support,i just hope i can justify it but at the moment i do feel a bit down and wonder if i should let someone more professional look at her and find her a permanent home as ive not done a very good job of it so far. :(

kris dont beat yourself up, you have worked your socks off to find tess a good home,sending you lots of :huggles: the right home will come and it will be thanks to you and your hard work,one thing your not is a failure,i think you have been brilliant :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back