The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Indigo & Tarka In A Tragic Accident Yesterday

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Happy Humber said:
I am so sorry to hear of your tragedy. My whippet chewed thro my phone wire and I have been off line until today.I hade a little whippet who was run over and had a similar injury but she did recover even though it took six months.

Her leg was always shorter but she ran and played and did everything she did before her accident so please dont despair your whippy will to  :))

That is really encouraging, I hope Tarka will be the same :- )

Here are some pictures of Tarka's injuries - I didn't take the dressing off the stitches as I didn't want to disturb him. You can see how bruised he is and this continues in numerous placed under his fur. He has just managed a small treat and gives me a wag everytime I go to stroke him :)

DSC00453.JPG

DSC00454.JPG

Oh, his poor little body. Bless his little heart, I'm glad he's back home and the healing process is underway. I hope your house move goes well, too.

Oh bless... :huggles: you can see the swelling and bruising. Arnaca gel or cream is great for reducing the bruising, I used this on an old dog of mine after a dog attack when he had a lot of bruisng too.. :huggles:

Im sure he will feel so much better for being around you both again and seeing some fiends too....that will make him feel more like himself again :huggles:

I hope his progress continues, and you and your husband are feeling better too.. :thumbsup: It is very good to see his pictures... :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I read this thread I end up in tears. I know the support and good wishes have been invaluable at this horrible time.

The good news is Tarka still looks as beautiful as ever despite all his injuries. I'm sure he will make a remarkable recovery....

Lots of love to Kate and Roger :wub:

Loads of smiles in the memory of the happy bundle of energy, Indi. :huggles:

Good luck to Tarka Barka :luck:

The bruising looks terrible but I reckon he'll be fighting fit before you know it!!

I've only just caught up with this thread again. Bless little Tarka :huggles: I hope he heals very quickly :luck:

So pleased Tarka is doing well.Grace and I send gentle hugs to you all. :huggles: Grace looks very similar to tarka :wub:

Janimal said:
Oh bless... :huggles:   you can see the swelling and bruising.  Arnaca gel or cream  is great for reducing the bruising, I used this on an old dog of mine after a dog attack when he had a lot of bruisng too.. :huggles:
Im sure he will feel so much better for being around you both again and seeing some fiends too....that will make him feel more like himself again  :huggles:

I hope his progress continues, and you and your husband are feeling better too.. :thumbsup:   It is very good to see his pictures... :huggles:

You can get Arnica in tablet form too for internal bruising. :thumbsup: His bruising looks awful but he is a very handsome chap. :wub: :wub: :huggles:

I have been so busy over the past couple of month, I have not been here much. So sorry to hear about your dogs accident and the loss of Indigo. I am glad that Tarka is doing well.

Lida

Awww poor little baby, I hope he makes a quick recovery :huggles:

:( So sorry to hear about this. RIP Indigo, and get well soon Tarka xxxxx Max and Tiny send very gentle licks and sniffs. :huggles:

Glad Tarka is home with you :huggles:

Just a note, you may want to check about giving Arnica with the vet first, it works by thinning the blood thus dispersing the bruising but at this early stage it may not be a good idea additionally there may be possible interactions with any medication he's on.

Wishing him a speedy recovery. :luck:

Oh - I have just read this whole thread and I am suffering for you. I was in agony looking at Tarka's bruising - what a brave boy he is.

I am so sorry for your loss - there are no words of comfort - just to let you know that I am sending all my positive thoughts your way. RIP Indigo - you brought much sunshine into the lives of your owners.

And although I don't know you personally at all - I am very concerned for your husband. The terror of what he witnessed on that road, and the distress he has suffered is playing over and over in my mind - let alone what he sees again and again in his mind! The poor man.

I am no expert but I would suggest that you ensure that Roger shares in the caring duties for Tarka, I'm sure that will help, and make sure that he has lots of quiet alone time with Tarka to grieve for Indigo but at the same time be thankful that he still has his 'wonder boy'. I know you will just want to take Tarka and "wrap him in cotton wool" and care for him as much as you can, (we can get a bit selfish when it comes to caring for our sick and injured) - but I think it will be important to let Roger share those duties. If he is not given responsibilities for Tarka's care I think it would only serve to fuel the feelings of guilt - and he cannot be consumed by this. This tragedy is NOT YOUR FAULT Roger.

All I know is that in times of tragedy my greatest solace and comfort is in my other dogs.

:* and :huggles: to Tarka - rest up mate and heal well.

poor tarka what a lot of bruising :( ,i would try putting some arnica on as it will ease the tightness too :huggles:

good luck with the house move im sure it will help you all :thumbsup: :huggles:

So glad to see that he is getting better. :luck: :luck: . Thinking of you still, and all the best with your house move. Keep us updated.

LOL

Sarah and family.

I hadn't been able to come back to this thread until now,as i was fearing the worst for Tarka & your family...........but i'm so delighted to see that Tarka is home & progressing so well,bless him :) :huggles:

I'm sure you'll all feel so much better once you have moved into your new house,by which time Tarka will be well on the way to a full recovery & able to enjoy his new garden :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back