The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lurecoursing Meet Taunton 18th October

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
can u please clarify what you mean by muzzles optional???
If a owner is uncertain of their dogs reaction at the end of the course then for their own peace of mind and possible protection of the other dog they should muzzle . I have been to many lurecoursing meetings and it is the exception rather than the norm for the dogs to be muzzled and i can honestly say that although there may be a bit of growling etc i have never seen any damage done by biting . You know your own dogs and should act accordingly.
it takes seconds to put a muzzle on and forever to heal a shouder tear when they go at the lure and miss how do you obtain insurance running racing like that a disclaimer will not protect your club if you are not using muzzles pmsl!
We,re not racing , we're lurecoursing something i get the feeling that you know little about since you keep referring to it as racing, they're not driving into the lure at the end of a 500+ metre course with same intensity that occurrs over 150 yards and there's only two dogs involved with one often clear of the other.

Its a given that all dogs run at their owners risk however i will admit to omitting that from the announcement on this forum it is however always printed on the programme issued on the day.

Terriers are a whole diffirent bag.

You have seen the comments from a number of experienced lurecoursing folk all singing off the same hymnsheet.

Not too sure what your agenda is anyway - you've shown no interest in the event just tried to stir the sh*t.

The person you called a plonker has forgotten more about whippets/coursing than you'll ever know.

See a doctor about your bladder problem . no iwas thinking about entering my lurcher current midlands champ ,southwest champ i dont race her without a muzzle at the top level no one does must say only rarely see pure whippys compete at lurcher events besides i thoght this was an open forum ysf !

Personally like to see muzzles.As if both dogs are evenly matched they may get a bit firey at the end.

Each to there own.Good luck on 18th

can u please clarify what you mean by muzzles optional???
If a owner is uncertain of their dogs reaction at the end of the course then for their own peace of mind and possible protection of the other dog they should muzzle . I have been to many lurecoursing meetings and it is the exception rather than the norm for the dogs to be muzzled and i can honestly say that although there may be a bit of growling etc i have never seen any damage done by biting . You know your own dogs and should act accordingly.
it takes seconds to put a muzzle on and forever to heal a shouder tear when they go at the lure and miss how do you obtain insurance running racing like that a disclaimer will not protect your club if you are not using muzzles pmsl!
We,re not racing , we're lurecoursing something i get the feeling that you know little about since you keep referring to it as racing, they're not driving into the lure at the end of a 500+ metre course with same intensity that occurrs over 150 yards and there's only two dogs involved with one often clear of the other.

Its a given that all dogs run at their owners risk however i will admit to omitting that from the announcement on this forum it is however always printed on the programme issued on the day.

Terriers are a whole diffirent bag.

You have seen the comments from a number of experienced lurecoursing folk all singing off the same hymnsheet.

Not too sure what your agenda is anyway - you've shown no interest in the event just tried to stir the sh*t.

The person you called a plonker has forgotten more about whippets/coursing than you'll ever know.

See a doctor about your bladder problem . no iwas thinking about entering my lurcher current midlands champ ,southwest champ i dont race her without a muzzle at the top level no one does must say only rarely see pure whippys compete at lurcher events besides i thoght this was an open forum ysf !

-_- -_- If your not happy dont attend simple

Anyone could ask the owner of the dog they are running with to muzzle their dog. It doesnt need to be an issue at all.

The South West Lurecoursing Club are holding a meeting on the 18th October at Taunton Vale Polo groundsOrchard Pitman nr Taunton.

All profits from the meeting will be going towards the cost of the new storage container aquired by the West Somerset PWRC after a spate of break-ins to the static caravan and horse box had necessitated more secure storage to safe guard

their equipment.

ENTRIES ARE INVITED FOR THE FOLLOWING PEDIGREE WHIPPET STAKES

1. A EIGHT DOG NOVICE STAKE restricted to dogs & bitches that have not lurecoursed before.

2. A SIXTEEN DOG STAKE OPEN TO ALL AGED DOGS & BITCHES

3. A EIGHT DOG VETERAN STAKE restricted to dogs & bitches over the age of six on the day of the event

4. A EIGHT DOG LURCHER STAKE open to all non pedigree running dogs & bitches

Hi,

any news on the draw yet?

ALL STAKES WILL CONSIST OF A MAIN STAKE AND A PURSE STAKE , the purse to be contested by dogs beaten in the

first round of the respective main stake.

Cost of entry £10 for the first entry and £5 for subsequent entries in the same ownership.

A programme will be on sale on the day at the cost of £1.

There will also be a raffle ( any prize donations gratefully accepted ) and refreshments on sale

Pease send your entries to Laurie Winter 117 Netherstreet Bromham CHIPPENHAM Wilts SN15 2DS

with the following information.

Pedigree name of entry, stake entered & name, address & telephone/email address of owner with the appropriate fee.

The meeting will be scheduled to start @ 0930 . All dogs will be slipped in pairs by our slipper on the day

Mr Mel Nicholls.

Muzzles wil be optional.

Any questions please feel free to contact Larru or Rae on K9 board.

:lol: Here with the FIRST ROUND draw for the NOVICE Stake

1. STARSTRIKE SIMPLY RED Vs SARAQUELLE SEE YOU LATER

2. STARSTRIKE HELLRAISER Vs Bye

3.Bye Vs LADY NICOLA

4. CHASING CURLEW Vs STARSTRIKE CALL THE SHOTS

5. WIXENFORD WINTERS WISH Vs KARYON MIDNIGHT SHADOW

6. KELLYVALE SUNFLOWER Vs Bye

7. Bye Vs DENIMONDE MOONLIGHT SHADOW

8. MY LITTLE RIO Vs Vacancy

As can be seen there is one place to fill anyone wishing to enter please contact Rae or myself.

FIRST Round draw for LURCHER Stake

1. CHASE Vs TEAZEL

2.POACHER Vs MIDLAND JAKE

3. SHAKIRA Vs MAC

4. MIDNIGHT FLIGHT Vs ZIEBA

FIRST Round draw for VET Stake

1. COPSEBURY LIGHTLY SPLASHED BY MOONLAKE Vs LAMPLIGHT NIJINSKY

2. SHYBONT SILVERSPRING Vs WHEATROYD ONCE UPON A WISH

MAIN STAKE DRAW TO FOLLOW AFTER I'VE WATCHED DOC MARTIN :lol:

FIRST ROUND draw for MAIN WHIPPET STAKE

1.WINTERFELL SPRITE Vs BUEBEZI FRENCH CONNECTION TO ALACRITY

2. CARBOZIER IRONIC Vs STARSTRYKE BIG BRUVVA

3. WINTERFELL LADY GREY Vs SHANDRIL MOONCHILD AT HARERUNNER

4. WINTERFELL TINKERBELLE Vs CALENNA PEARL SHADOW

5. MALLYFIELD WILD KNIGHT WITH ALACRITY Vs CRACKLING BEAUTY

6. BLACKVELVET KNIGHT Vs MOONLAKE MEDIUM DRY

7.MALLYFIELD SILVER KNIGHT Vs WINTERFELL PRINCESS

8. HARERUNNER HILLSPRINTER Vs WATERLOO BOY

TOP DOG IN ALL SLIPS WEARS RED COLLAR.

THE SLIPPER MAY AT HIS OWN DISCRETION REFUSE TO SLIP A DOG WHICH IS OVERLY UNRULY/UNMANAGEABLE IN SLIPS.

MUZZLES OPTIONAL AS AGREED BETWEEN OWNERS

ALL DOGS TO RUN AT THEIR OWNERS RISK

WEST SOMERSET WRC WILL ALSO BE RACING & TRAILLING ON ANOTHER PART OF THE POLO GROUNDS ANYONE

WISHING TO ENTER PLEASE CONTACT MARGARET.

woooooo hoooo!!! looking forward to this. Goodluck all and hope every dog comes in safe. x

Thanks Laurie

Looking Forward to the Day.

Good Luck to everyone & safe Journey's to all. :D

can anyone tell us who the judge and slipper are please?

oooooh Lola and Pearl :clown:

The slipper will be Mr Mel Nicholls , a slipper of many years experience and a well respected gentleman.

The judge , due to a late problem, is now going to be myself . Hence no Digger or Hugo in the entries.

shame bout you not running your boys :(

Really, Really, REALLY looking forward to this!! woop woop!!

Sarah I'm being a dunce ... which of your girls is which ... Finn's drawn against one and I'm not sure if I've got the right one :b

Last edited by a moderator:
The vacancy in the novice stake has now been filled.

CALENNA FIRST HOPE will run in the 8th course .

The slipper will be Mr Mel Nicholls , a slipper of many years experience and a well respected gentleman.

The judge , due to a late problem, is now going to be myself . Hence no Digger or Hugo in the entries.
Oh what a shame Larry. I was off work sick all last week with a bug that started on Saturday and finished this Saturday so my lads have missed eight days proper exercise as I've not been able to leave the house (well the toilet to be really precise!) in all that time . I'll happily volunteer to judge if you want to run your two as mine are not fully fit as I'm still not right and certainly not up to riding the bike etc, and so will only be running for fun anyway.

Let me know as I really don't mind and will happily withdraw for you to run yours.

TCx

Ooops, should have said...looking forward to it and let's hope they all have a great time and come off injury free :luck:

TCx

LOL I've had a couple of pms :D Just need to reiterate to the few who have chosen to comment on my statement that my dogs will be running for 'fun' this coming weekend, and whether I should be running them if they are not 'fit'

My lads are in a good state of fitness, they always are. However, in the run up to a competition I prepare them slightly differently to their normal exercise. We ALWAYS have fun...it's great to meet up with people and there is nothing more I enjoy watching, than my dogs running. However, the crucial word in that sentence was 'competition' Yes this event is a competition. It's lovely to have fun, but we (as in myself and my dogs) run to win. Sorry if that upsets folks, but I'd have thought most people would know me by now 8)

The lads will have a ball, they always do, and they are more than fit to chase a lure on a few courses. All I meant is that I expect nothing from this meeting unfortunately, due to my ill health, and that if Larry wanted to enter his dogs I'd judge for him. Simples :D

TCx

Well I knew what you meant lol. Finn is not as fit as he would have been either if he hadn't missed so much exercise in the weeks after cutting his foot ... more than fit enough to run though, and like you we always have fun :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back