The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Need Positive Thoughts For Polly

Got back from the vet about midday with a very sleepy Polly. I had something to eat and then I had to sleep until now!! Polly is tucked up in my bed and I was on the settee :D

Although the lump was a bit smaller when he saw it this time, he decided to go ahead and afterwards told me he had taken a wide area around the lump as he wasn't sure what it was. Not a fatty cyst or abcess but some sort of tumour. He thinks it is probably benign but has sent it to be tested and we'll get the results in about a week-10 days.

She is still very groggy and hasn't eaten, weed or poohed yet and has to be kept quiet for a few days. I have painkillers for 5 days and she had an injection at the surgery for pain. The scar is about 3-4cm with 3 stitches. It has bled a bit since we got back so I just bathed it with saline and resettled her in my bed . I got a sleepy kiss on the hand so i think I'm forgiven for putting her through all the fear and pain this morning. I stayed at the vet until she was 'under' and brought her home as soon as she could stand up without her legs giving way.

Thanks so much for all your thoughts and crossed fingers etc. We appreciate them very much. I'll give an update later in the week. Janet (and Polly)

PS Her 'sister', Twiggy is quite jealous but old Lily tried to wash Polly's neck as soon as we got back and fussed over her until I put her to bed.

Glad shes back home Janet, and over the worst. Hope shes feeling a bit better tomorrow poor love. :huggles:

I do hope its good news in 10 days time. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleased she's home with you, albeit it a little wobbly still no doubt :huggles:

Hope the results come back quickly for you, with positive news :luck:

glad shes home and comfortable :huggles: ,hope the lump was nothing serious

So glad Pollys back home and that your vet thinks the lump could be benign :luck: .......I do hope You and Polly feel better very soon :flowers: :huggles: Hannah xx

Glad Polly is home and everything went ok :thumbsup: hope the results are good news :luck: :luck: :luck:

aww ! glad she's home safe :wub:

:luck: :luck: for the biopsy results

:huggles: :huggles: to Polly

glad to hear she's home safe and well :huggles: :luck:

Sorry i missed this Janet :b .I'm glad she's back safe & sound,& :luck: for the results :huggles:

Loads of :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: to Polly.

Here's to a speedy recovery for Polly :luck: for the results next week, hope all goes well for you both cheryl. :luck: :thumbsup:

Glad she's back home and hope it's nothing too serious :luck:

Liz and the Monellis

Pleased she's safely home and in good hands with Nurse Lilly :huggles: Look after each other :huggles: and :luck: that the results are good.

i am so pleasd shes come through ok. if shes a tipical whippet she may need this fuss for at least 6 months :D . fingers cross theres nothing serous in the lump and she can enjoy the fuss

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back