The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
try CONFUSED . COM maybe they can understand it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you didn't Dee but I've got visions of Marie being approached by big burly men at the track sayings stuff like ''Oi are you saying I can't run my dog?!'' :blink:
I'll answer you though if it helps you to understand.

All the dogs pedigree's you have posted have a grand parent who is a greyhound - effectively making them 1/4 GHD. They cannot line a full greyhound under the new ruling, the strongest argument being that these pups would be 3/4 GHD. This means that the dogs could possess more greyhound genetic material than whippet.

They could line a 1/2 GHD though, but then the breeder would have to bear in mind the weight capping of 55lb could then come into play with the offspring.
WELL I DO HOPE SHE DOES NOT FEEL THREATENED ITS ONLY A FORUM AND WE CAN JUST HAVE OUR SAY AND DEBATE AM I RIGHT ALL :unsure:

I know you didn't Dee but I've got visions of Marie being approached by big burly men at the track sayings stuff like ''Oi are you saying I can't run my dog?!'' :blink:

All the dogs pedigree's you have posted have a grand parent who is a greyhound - effectively making them 1/4 GHD. They cannot line a full greyhound under the new ruling, the strongest argument being that these pups would be 3/4 GHD. This means that the dogs could possess more greyhound genetic material than whippet.

They could line a 1/2 GHD though, but then the breeder would have to bear in mind the weight capping of 55lb could then come into play with the offspring.
WELL I DO HOPE SHE DOES NOT FEEL THREATENED ITS ONLY A FORUM AND WE CAN JUST HAVE OUR SAY AND DEBATE AM I RIGHT ALL :unsure:
AND IVE BEEN ON MY BEST BEHAVIOUR

LOL

GARY

IVE HAD ENOUGH I GOING TO PUB FO A PINT BY ALL SEE YOU UP THERE GAZ

Don't worry Mr Tony I don't feel threatened and Im all for debate :) but I agree with Jacs that stuff about specific dogs is up to the BWRA committee because we are past my part of this now, chris and I proposed it, the reps meeting passed it for the AGM and the membership voted on it and it is now for the BWRA to implement it. Not passing the buck but as Ive said before we need to wait to see what the committee are going to do next re the pups. Im not talking down to you its just the way I type, afterall I could take offence that you type in capitals which is seen as shouting but I didnt :)

Thankyou thats all i want to know

-_-

-_-

iam just trying to understand guy,s bear with me ( god didnt bless me with brains lol ),,,,,that means i cant breed my zac ( geordie,s worst nightmare ) to ghd,,,,i think his mother slipper was 1/2 cross and making him 3/4 whippet 1/4 grey ?????

question 2,,,is this rule to stop any 3/4 greys 1/4 whippets ?????

ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT THIS PROPOSAL WOULD EXCLUDE A SECOND GENARATION DOG SUCH AS TWO BECOME ONE 19LB FROM MATING A GREYHOUND

BUT WOULD ALLOW A DOG SUCH AS HELLBOUND TO LINE A GREYHOUND AND PRODUCE A DOG AS BIG AS MUSSELE BOUND 60LB PLUS

SO HOW IS THAT BREEDING DOWN

MAYBE THATS WHY YVONNE IS AGAINST THE 55LB CAP

GARY
Thats just one example Gary, can I point out the litter sister to Musclebound is Sugar Rush 31/32lbs :thumbsup:

-_-

iam just trying to understand guy,s bear with me ( god didnt bless me with brains lol ),,,,,that means i cant breed my zac ( geordie,s worst nightmare ) to ghd,,,,i think his mother slipper was 1/2 cross and making him 3/4 whippet 1/4 grey ?????

IF HIS MUM IS A HALF CROSS THEN YOUR RIGHT HE CAN NOT GO TO A GREYHOUND

AND IF CHRIS IS RIGHT (but dont think so lol) his pups cant either

gary

told everyone it is to confusing

but people tell me its not LOL

ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT THIS PROPOSAL WOULD EXCLUDE A SECOND GENARATION DOG SUCH AS TWO BECOME ONE 19LB FROM MATING A GREYHOUND

BUT WOULD ALLOW A DOG SUCH AS HELLBOUND TO LINE A GREYHOUND AND PRODUCE A DOG AS BIG AS MUSSELE BOUND 60LB PLUS

GARY
Thats just one example Gary, can I point out the litter sister to Musclebound is Sugar Rush 31/32lbs :thumbsup:
AND ANOTHER EXAMPLE IS A PUP FROM TWO BECOME ONE AND KILLEACLE RENI THAT IS 21LB BIGGEST PUP IN THAT LITTER IS ON THE BALL I THINK IS ABOUT 48 LB

SO YOUR POINT

GARY

-_-

Also, its not a case of I've got what I need so lets not let anymore into the sport, I would have got what I needed without using Sugar Fire, there's one or two good stud dogs out there with more than 2 generations greyhound gap bye the way, Sugar Fire justs misses the 2 generation gap.

gary

AND THEY ARE 5/8 NOT 3/4

GARY

-_-

gary

ohhh,,,,bugger,,,,this rule stinks,,,,,,i read the question on voting form,,and i didnt think it meant this,,,some of my brother,s voted some didnt as they thought this stunk

the rules are the rules get use to it if you want big dogs get a greyhound

the rules are the rules get use to it if you want big dogs get a greyhound
OH LOOK ANOTHER NEW MEMBER WITH NO NAME

TOOK YOUR TIME

GARY
seems to me youre a bit of a computer bully my names geoff im at harlow every meeting come and see me every one knows me see you soon gut less
NEVER MET YOU YET AND IM JUST STICKING UP FOR MY BREEDING

ALWAYS PUT MY NAME AND NOW YOU HAVE I LISTERN TO WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY PROBALE WONT AGREE THOU LOL

AND GUTLES I AINT

GARY

GARY
Your wrong about the spelling and the size Gary,it's Musclebound and he's 58lb :thumbsup: We need to be exact on this topic :thumbsup: Will answer instead of Yvonne,seeing as I own Harvey.I'm sure she'll add her own answer when she comes on,luckily on this we think the same,but don't want you to think it's because we are mates,we are both more than able to make our own minds up.I voted like Yvonne against the 55lb cap,quite simply because if we continue to introduce greyhound blood into non ped whippets,then there is every chance that dogs from a full whippet cross pure greyhound mating could make over 55lb(you'll have to go further back than 2 generations to find greyhound in Hellbounds breeding :thumbsup: ).Scratch racing was introduced,so i've been told by the majority of whippet racers i've spoken to,to cater for those dogs that made over 32lb,because of the introduction of the greyhound blood.Now to the nitty gritty.How could I agree with a capping rule which could affect a size of any pup that is born from a greyhound cross whippet mating.For goodness sake i'm sure there is plenty of full greyhounds out there that are LESS than 55lb,are you saying I should agree to them running with whippets also?

GARY
if you can't see how this new rule on breeding will breed down the size, then start at the beinging of the topic and keep reading till you understand !

Muscle Bound is 58lb not 60lb plus,

the size of the stud dog bares little on the size of the offspring thats why the proposal will work,

ie hellbound 32lb to greyhound produced smaller offspring than his litter brother at 21lb to a greyhound so by your saying that "two become one " is only 19 /20lb means very little its the greyhound in is breeding that would be relevant, and why we have this new rule in place, hope you understand this

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back