The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Bwra Ruling

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
In my opinion greyhound blood should never have been introduced into WHIPPET breeding, we're whippet racers. i think a 35lb limit should be introduced, like 'racing' said if u want big dogs, go into greyhounds!!!

Kim

Karen what is your opinion regarding my pup shes 51lb and 14months old do you think she should be allowed to register with the bwra yes or no and i will respect your opinion on this even if i dont agree.

just needed to edit my post Karen i got harvey's weight at 54lb lol :eek:

OK HERE GOES IVE JUST BEEN TOLD THAT THE PROPOSER OF THIS HAS NOT BEEN IN THE GAME LONG TRUE OR NOT I DONT KNOW BUT IT IS QUITE A COMPLEX ISSUE TO BE PUT FORWARD BY SOMEONE NEW TO RACING OR IS THERE A X-FILES GOING HERE SOMEONE WHO ANIT GOT THE BALLS TO LOAD THE GUN BUT GET ANOTHER TO FIRE IT
If Marie and Chris hadn't proposed it, then I would have, and I'll let the seconder reply them self.

Geoff
I would second it Geoff,but I put in the same proposal as Marie anyway,and I didn't think to add a start date either.Will certainly remember to state start dates and exclusions of any other proposal I make in the future :thumbsup:

what happen,s to the gen pool now,,,,,does this make it better for us or worse ????

In my opinion greyhound blood should never have been introduced into WHIPPET breeding, we're whippet racers. i think a 35lb limit should be introduced, like 'racing' said if u want big dogs, go into greyhounds!!!

Kim

As far as the "whippet" gene pool goes, it's the same as it was before the proposal. The greyhound is still able to be crossed into the "whippet" gene pool only it's frequency may, MAY, and I repeat MAY be lesser.
It could mean that the instance of a limited number of whippet lines crossing each other could be increased over the next few years. Only time will tell.

i repect ur opion guy,s, :thumbsup: ,,,kim ur saying we should head more towards k,c racing,??? or on that path aleast,,,,elise ur saying it may be lesser,only time will tell on gen pool

thanks for ur replys,,,,iam just working out what this new rule mean,s ,,,i,e creat more whippets under 35lb,,but might or might not have an inpact on gen pool ???

not kc racing, non ped racing but with whippets 35lb or under, whippets are only getting bigger because of people using greyhounds, if greyhounds were not introduced into whippet breeding there wouldnt be many whippets over 35lb!!!

Kim

dont know this for fact so can anyone tell me is this true.

was told on sunday that the bwra are having a 55lb class that i know but was told by dennis from maltby that anything over that weight would be in a seperate class.

not kc racing, non ped racing but with whippets 35lb or under, whippets are only getting bigger because of people using greyhounds, if greyhounds were not introduced into whippet breeding there wouldnt be many whippets over 35lb!!!
Kim
not been funny kim but without a greyhound you wouldnt have any non ped whippets at all ever lol non peds were origanly bred from a greyhound and bit o this bito that terrier ;)

only ped whippys are a true blood whippet ;)

the rules are the rules get use to it if you want big dogs get a greyhound
OH LOOK ANOTHER NEW MEMBER WITH NO NAME

TOOK YOUR TIME

GARY
seems to me youre a bit of a computer bully my names geoff im at harlow every meeting come and see me every one knows me see you soon gut less

lol and calling names isnt bullying dont think you know gary he is definitly not guttless :(

dont think this topic should go personal the proposers have tryed to be fair with asking for a date set on ruling and cap cant be any fairer than that all gary is doing is debating the issue whats wrong with that and after all this debate at least it will give a better understanding of it the last thing needed is someone starting personal crap theres been enough of it in the past :b

not being funny gary, we came from monkeys, doesnt mean we go half human, half monkey so we can climb better or be better athletes hahaha :p :lol:

not being funny gary, we came from monkeys, doesnt mean we go half human, half monkey so we can climb better or be better athletes hahaha :p :lol:

nice one you win :D anyway ive seen the mad night at the willsons pics on face book not arguing with you nutters :D :D :p

hey i had nothing to do with that night, dont tarr me with that brush hahaha :p

(w00t) PMSL George likes bananas :- :lol:

HEY SO DO I AT WIMBLEDON AND CRAYFORD GOT ALL THE YAK YAKS THAT OUR PREFIX DEE AND THERE WAS A DOG RUNNING AT SUNDERLAND TODAY BELIVE IT OR NO CALLED WARREN TONY LOLBACKED IT 3RD JUST MY LUCK GEOFF DO GO TO WIMBLEDON AS WELL AS HARLOW

i think someone on here took my post as being offensive when i wrote people didnt know what they was voteing on well the word confused or confusing making mistakes. to me thats dont know. and all this if you want a big dog get a ghd well if you want a little one with hardly any ghd in it get a pedigre whippet.

Why is it important to certain people to continue this theme that people are confused by the proposal? Answer............cos they want people to think it isn't workable. If i was anyone on K9 I would give up trying to answer any queries but let people just refer back to extremely simple explanations put up on here. The more emotional they make this issue, the more they will suceed at getting the proposal overturned. Let them talk to themselves, sounds like they dont want to listen to the explanations anyway.
chris
Chis i will continue the theme as you call it until i now myself and others it affects can register the pups already born this year , so have been asked including registrar why i did not register them last year, i must point out that one litter was born in sep 08 and the bwra books where closed in oct 08 , so the pups where to young to have there vaccination,

i also have never been a one for starting pups off at a young age due to accidents especially the one with greyhound blood in them

I don't want yours or anyone else's proposal over turned , i am more than willing to abide by the new rules and bred the way it says ..

Would just like answers to what i can bred or cannot
Then wait until the BWRA can give you an answer then.

chris

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back