The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Litter

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
blue eyed boy said:
billyboy45 said:
blue eyed boy said:
I hope all is still well with the pups Billy  :thumbsup:
They got homes yet :- "  :wub:   :huggles:

Just a few at present.4/5 left. How's thing's,hope everyone's doin fine up there,and hope to get up a run some Sunday morning,for a bit of racing.If it still happen's ,that is. ...Billy...

Yea things are good thanks, Am not sure if that is till goin on Billy, Dont quote me on that tho, :blink:

If you wont to take a run up some weekend, you can head out with the hawks with us if you wont :thumbsup:

Will definately take you up on that.Must get you're numberand make arrangement's.Great chance to use the camera. ...Billy...

billyboy45 said:
blue eyed boy said:
billyboy45 said:
blue eyed boy said:
I hope all is still well with the pups Billy  :thumbsup:
They got homes yet :- "  :wub:   :huggles:

Just a few at present.4/5 left. How's thing's,hope everyone's doin fine up there,and hope to get up a run some Sunday morning,for a bit of racing.If it still happen's ,that is. ...Billy...

Yea things are good thanks, Am not sure if that is till goin on Billy, Dont quote me on that tho, :blink:

If you wont to take a run up some weekend, you can head out with the hawks with us if you wont :thumbsup:

Will definately take you up on that.Must get you're numberand make arrangement's.Great chance to use the camera. ...Billy...

I will pm you it now.

billyboy45 said:
Vicky said:
billyboy45 said:
Vicky said:
Forgot to add Trouble to that list,did'nt i.2 days after she got to within 4n1/2 length's of Miss Tori,at 8n1/2 month's of age,i was looking at a wee flyer,going up the field behind Megan and looking forward to next year,when all of a shot,she yelp's,stop's and sit's down.Torn Grasilie's.Day before,i was bumming her up on here.Now does someone not want me racing or what,or has someone seriously put the blink on me.Hopefully Trouble will come Ok,though Martin Tucker say's it's hard to come back from a torn grasilie's.Maddy did.Hopefully Trouble can.
Ahhhh now you see, there's a moral to this story - don't bull your dogs up, no matter who it is or what they've got it will always come back and bite you on the ass one way or another!!!!

Have read through your posts Billy and have to say i disagree on what you say about it all being down to how pups are reared, although we all like to give our dogs the best of everything (sometimes to my boyfriends expence :b ) i believe you can give any dickhead a good dog and they will get it winning, it's either got it or it hasn't, you certainly can't beat a bad looked after flying machine with a well looked after sack of shit JMO of course.

Anyway best of luck with the pups, they are a lovely looking litter and hope sometime you get your ass over here and the dogs can do the talking!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ok then Vicky.Tell me why greyhound pup's get sent away down south,to be reared in the good puppy rearing farm's ,like Martin Tucker's.I'll tell you why.Cause they get the right grub,and plenty of freedom.I myself like bitches mostly,and ive reared quite a few greyhound pup's over the last 7 year's.That hea sadly ,or maybe not so sadly,come to an end,as i have now moved address,and no longer have the same scope,as far as rearing paddock's go.There's not a greyhound breeder in the country,who would now leave me up a litter of pup's to rear,where before,i was turning people down several time's a month.Now to the other aspect of rearing.Ie,feeding,or what i call at time's the foundation stuff.All pup's need calcium,and plenty of it,but if they dont get enough vitamin D,then the calcium cant be used by the body .I look on this,like a builder would look at the quality of the concrete,that goes into the foundation of a house.If the right stuff does'nt go in,then there is going to be a weakness somewhere.The first 16 week's after a pup is born,is the time to get the foundation right.Avery important part of the rearing process.After that,yes i agree,you can cut back.But my dad alway's said that if a job is worth doing ,then do it right.So to me rearing is very important.Ive yet to see badly done pup's making anything.Ok,you will get the odd one who could run on potato skin's,but i bet they are pretty scarce.Ive also seen pup's get everything,and they could'nt beat a raindrop down a window.Iagree with you that any dickhead as you would like to call them,can get a good dog going.But 1st it has to have it,and as i said in my post,the work has to go into it ,to get the best out of it.Dont put it in,then dont expect to get it out.

I was meaning bringing a pup on once rehomed. Obviously if you're breeding a litter then you should be doing it right and feeding plenty of the good stuff and giving the bitch the best of everything or you are breeding for the wrong reasons (but my view is they should be getting the best of everything, every day of their lives not just when in pup or feeding her litter). I still stand by once the pup is with it's new owners if it has it then it has it - end of, that imo is all down to breeding, you can't sell a crap pup on and a top trainer is going to make it a world beater.

All down to breeding.Its easy to see you havent been around to many greyhound's then Vicki,as some of the best bred bitches in Ireland,(and we have the best bitches),are thowing crap to some of the best bred Stud dog's,especialy some of the ozzy stuff.Pure Irish on both side's is my moto,if you want proper gameness.You can have all the speed in the world,but if the fire is out,then there's not much heat.

First off it's Vicky with a Y thankyou :thumbsup:

Don't you just contradict yourself there billy mate with what you say about breeding, i agree entirely with what you say - speed & brains = my motto, and you don't get a clever dog from a f*cking numbskull, same as you don't get a fiery dog from timid parent, but hey what do i know, you're the guy that picks the best from every litter - put your money where your mouth is billy boy, on this thread!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Vicky said:
billyboy45 said:
Vicky said:
billyboy45 said:
Vicky said:
Forgot to add Trouble to that list,did'nt i.2 days after she got to within 4n1/2 length's of Miss Tori,at 8n1/2 month's of age,i was looking at a wee flyer,going up the field behind Megan and looking forward to next year,when all of a shot,she yelp's,stop's and sit's down.Torn Grasilie's.Day before,i was bumming her up on here.Now does someone not want me racing or what,or has someone seriously put the blink on me.Hopefully Trouble will come Ok,though Martin Tucker say's it's hard to come back from a torn grasilie's.Maddy did.Hopefully Trouble can.
Ahhhh now you see, there's a moral to this story - don't bull your dogs up, no matter who it is or what they've got it will always come back and bite you on the ass one way or another!!!!

Have read through your posts Billy and have to say i disagree on what you say about it all being down to how pups are reared, although we all like to give our dogs the best of everything (sometimes to my boyfriends expence :b ) i believe you can give any dickhead a good dog and they will get it winning, it's either got it or it hasn't, you certainly can't beat a bad looked after flying machine with a well looked after sack of shit JMO of course.

Anyway best of luck with the pups, they are a lovely looking litter and hope sometime you get your ass over here and the dogs can do the talking!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ok then Vicky.Tell me why greyhound pup's get sent away down south,to be reared in the good puppy rearing farm's ,like Martin Tucker's.I'll tell you why.Cause they get the right grub,and plenty of freedom.I myself like bitches mostly,and ive reared quite a few greyhound pup's over the last 7 year's.That hea sadly ,or maybe not so sadly,come to an end,as i have now moved address,and no longer have the same scope,as far as rearing paddock's go.There's not a greyhound breeder in the country,who would now leave me up a litter of pup's to rear,where before,i was turning people down several time's a month.Now to the other aspect of rearing.Ie,feeding,or what i call at time's the foundation stuff.All pup's need calcium,and plenty of it,but if they dont get enough vitamin D,then the calcium cant be used by the body .I look on this,like a builder would look at the quality of the concrete,that goes into the foundation of a house.If the right stuff does'nt go in,then there is going to be a weakness somewhere.The first 16 week's after a pup is born,is the time to get the foundation right.Avery important part of the rearing process.After that,yes i agree,you can cut back.But my dad alway's said that if a job is worth doing ,then do it right.So to me rearing is very important.Ive yet to see badly done pup's making anything.Ok,you will get the odd one who could run on potato skin's,but i bet they are pretty scarce.Ive also seen pup's get everything,and they could'nt beat a raindrop down a window.Iagree with you that any dickhead as you would like to call them,can get a good dog going.But 1st it has to have it,and as i said in my post,the work has to go into it ,to get the best out of it.Dont put it in,then dont expect to get it out.

I was meaning bringing a pup on once rehomed. Obviously if you're breeding a litter then you should be doing it right and feeding plenty of the good stuff and giving the bitch the best of everything or you are breeding for the wrong reasons (but my view is they should be getting the best of everything, every day of their lives not just when in pup or feeding her litter). I still stand by once the pup is with it's new owners if it has it then it has it - end of, that imo is all down to breeding, you can't sell a crap pup on and a top trainer is going to make it a world beater.

All down to breeding.Its easy to see you havent been around to many greyhound's then Vicki,as some of the best bred bitches in Ireland,(and we have the best bitches),are thowing crap to some of the best bred Stud dog's,especialy some of the ozzy stuff.Pure Irish on both side's is my moto,if you want proper gameness.You can have all the speed in the world,but if the fire is out,then there's not much heat.

First off it's Vicky with a Y thankyou :thumbsup:

Don't you just contradict yourself there billy mate with what you say about breeding, i agree entirely with what you say - speed & brains = my motto, and you don't get a clever dog from a f*cking numbskull, same as you don't get a fiery dog from timid parent, but hey what do i know, you're the guy that picks the best from every litter - put your money where your mouth is billy boy, on this thread!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tell you what Vicky .......No i better not,or i'll get warned again.You have youre idea's,and i have mine.As for not getting fire out of a timid bitch,Santa Secret was bitch of the year,in Ireland,and you could'nt get near her mum,she was so nervous.But i'll echo you're word's and say.WHAT DO I KNOW.I might pick the best from each of my litter's,but the best is'nt alway's good enough.Let's leave this one for a year or so.My appologie's for getting you're name wrong.My nieces name is spelt that way.See we can all make mistake's. ...Billi...

Last edited by a moderator:
herby said:
billyboy knows that everyone in northern ireland wants thses pups to be the best in the unders !  i hope so too even from here in my country  :thumbsup:
  infact  hes  KING BILLY   :thumbsup:

Now that's the kind of talk that could get you into trouble on here.No need for it on here as some may be offended.Good name for a pup though.

One of my pup's is going to scotland,2 to england (so far),and 1 might be going way down south,(Ireland). Im keeping 2,possibly 3.They will be scattered all over the place.Some may be raced in the None Ped's,other's at lurcher event's,and a couple could end up in hunting home's.Unless all the pup's who survive till racing age are got together for a few races,then it will be imposible to say who is fastest.In year's gone by,before the PC came about the racing game,all my pup's stayed in this country,and raced each other.The 2 i kept myself,where alway's the quickest,in the under's and over's,and were picked at birth,exept on one occasion,when i had 2 litter's at same time,and my daughter put the 2 pup's i had in the house for a while,in the wrong kennel,and the mum of the other litter killed them.I then had to keep 2 different pup's,but was lucky enough to keep the 2 quickest out of what i had left,namely Ricky and Flash,who both won their 1st racing championship's at the age of 10 1/2 month's .This was the day i retyred from racing.Hopefully this trend will repeat itself,and the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.Now can i just have peace to rear these pup's my way pleaseas i will not be pulled into a slagging match.

I know Im going off track here Billy but I can remember when I started off going to the shows in the early 90's Did you ever remember young Matt Lee's dog? Black bitch by the name of Slippy? I can remember it being a quick dog, did you ever race against it?

There were another two I can remember Max and Rosie with one eye! Did you ever race against any of them?

fra said:
I know Im going off track here Billy but I can remember when I started off going to the shows in the early 90's Did you ever remember young Matt Lee's dog? Black bitch by the name of Slippy?  I can remember it being a quick dog, did you ever race against it?
There were another two I can remember Max and Rosie with one eye!  Did you ever race against any of them?

You're going way back there Frankie boy.Matt's black bitch did win a few races,but you know Matt,she was unbeatable or whatever.Only time i remember racing against her,was at Strabane,when i had the Norfolk bitch.I was reserve that day to old George Mc Clure's Whippy,who,it was proven,was a greyhound bitch.Snipe won the under's,and then had to race Whippy for the overall cup.He held with her for the 1st 100 yrd's but she stuffed him over the 500 yrd course.The one with one eye,was Noel Conely from Keady's bitch.She did do a fair bit of winning,till the Creagan's came on the scene in the over's.Noel packed it in then,and is still in the greyhound training buisiness.Max was owned by Davey and Mary Skelly,my 2 very good friend's.He was slow away,but boy could he come home.Max was beaten a few time's in short run's,but over 300,he was a machine.A meril Collie xGreyhound 33/4 bred.Max was virtualy unbeaten in longer run's and held the All Ireland over's for 3/4 years.He would have taken it again too,if i hadent bought Cornish Jack,who won the All Ireland over's that year by over 20 length's.Then Silver beat him by about 10 the next year,and was beating all his pup's too,so Davy and Mary just Called it a day.Ater i packed it in,Dellboy was top dog for a while,and i can remember you slipping him in the final where he beat Silver by about 20 or more length's,as Silver was Crippled,and never ran again.Have that all on tape,and you looked just like you're young bro.Then there was a big dog called jay who Ann Webster bred.He would eat you,and nearly crippled Terry Turk.He got me ,down in Carnlough after Ricky and my Trigger pup beat him in the final.Sold Ricky and Blondie that day.Then after Ricky beat him a couple of time's,he disapeared.Next up then i think was Maddy,and that take's us up till now.Going back to you're ? though,i only maybe run Matt's bitch that once or twice,cant remember racing against Rosie,exept once down south,at their own show,where Shena,the Norfolk bitch won the over's,and Snipe the under's. Up till the time Jack beat Max in the All Ireland Final,i had no over's dog's,exept the Norfolk bitch,who was killed at 17 month's of age,coursing a dog fox,just after killing his mate in the same field.Have some old pix of these dog's,including the one of winning the over's and under's with Shena and Snipe,that particular day down south.Those were the good old day's Frankie,when everything was so innocent,and when you won summit,everbody clapped you in applause,now by the time the racing is over,the 2 winner's and reserve's are all that's left in the field.Thank's for bringing up those old memorie's Frankie.Seem.s like only yesterday,as they're so fresh in this old mind.Hope you have pup's coming in a week's time mate,and that all goes well. ...Billy...

Creagan's also had a dog called Bill,who won the over's for a year or so,and his brother Sock's was king of the under's for the same period.Then Snipe came along,and put them out of buisiness at Tandragee,winning the under's and then beating bill in the overall run off,for the cup.Creagan's might be coming back into it with a greyhound bitch,as they are big name's in greyhound's down this way,and very win hungry.There was another bloke called Jim Moore,who also had one called sock's,but that was also before Snipe,and he left the game around the time that creagan's came on the scene with their sock's dog.I also had a bitch called Bonnie.She was Silver's sister,and was untouchable in the under's till Matt measured her with a new measuring thing down at Punchestown,and said she was 23n1/8 and would have to run in the over's.She did,and almost beat Silver,for the championship,taking reserve.That measuring stick was never seen again,and i later heard that Limbo Craig was the one who had it made.That answered everything.She was re measured at other show's ,including Chatsworth,and was under.As Matt and Seamus were doing 70 percent of the show's,+the All ireland,she never got her chance of the tittle.Anyway Frankie,it's zzzzzz time goodnight.

billyboy45 said:
One of my pup's is going to scotland,2 to england (so far),and 1 might be going way down south,(Ireland). Im keeping 2,possibly 3.They will be scattered all over the place.Some may be raced in the None Ped's,other's at lurcher event's,and a couple could end up in hunting home's.Unless all the pup's who survive till racing age are got together for a few races,then it will be imposible to say who is fastest.In year's gone by,before the PC came about the racing game,all my pup's stayed in this country,and raced each other.The 2 i kept myself,where alway's the quickest,in the under's and over's,and were picked at birth,exept on one occasion,when i had 2 litter's at same time,and my daughter put the 2 pup's i had in the house for a while,in the wrong kennel,and the mum of the other litter killed them.I then had to keep 2 different pup's,but was lucky enough to keep the 2 quickest out of what i had left,namely Ricky and Flash,who both won their 1st racing championship's at the age of 10 1/2 month's .This was the day i retyred from racing.Hopefully this trend will repeat itself,and the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.Now can i just have peace to rear these pup's my way pleaseas i will not be pulled into a slagging match.
So you was telling us pork pies then Billy, so from now on I will read your posts with a big pinch of salt.

Jayne

For those genuinely interested,and for those getting one of these pup's,here are a few updated pix,taken last night.

Taraspupsborn071007087.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007088.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007089.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007091.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007094.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007095.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007098.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007096.jpg

Just another one of the pup's ,and one of mum.Thought id better get these on before Geoff bombard's us with some beautiful pix of his little champ's,Come on Geoff,where's the pix. ...Billy...

Taraspupsborn071007099.jpg

UPINTHEFLOWERFIELD004.jpg

billyboy45 said:
Just another one of the pup's ,and one of mum.Thought id better get these on before Geoff bombard's us with some beautiful pix of his little champ's,Come on Geoff,where's the pix.  ...Billy...

cracking shot Billy :thumbsup:

billyboy45 said:
Just another one of the pup's ,and one of mum.Thought id better get these on before Geoff bombard's us with some beautiful pix of his little champ's,Come on Geoff,where's the pix.  ...Billy...

It won't be until Monday Billy, thats when I'm going over to Phil & Lou's.

Cracking looking pups and your getting to be a tab hand with your camera :thumbsup: :luck:

Love the one with the white star Billy :wub: Mum and pups look great :thumbsup: :D Karen

Love the fourth pic with mums head and all puppies snuggling round :wub: :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back