The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Litter

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
herby said:
HERE IS THE HIS TIME...AND HE MEANS BUSINESS LOL  !!  RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN............... :p
  hes ok ya know..billys a good bloke ...im only kidding you billyboy  :thumbsup:

signed --------sammy spicerack

Hey herbie.What's the weather like up there at the mo.

billyboy45 said:
Martin Tucker said:
Glad you had such a good litter Billy ! I remember how suprised you were when I told you I had her mated so early, but obviously we got it `spot on`!
Looks like there will be plenty of racing strength in the Shows over the next number of years ! What do you think they will turn out like, Unders or Overs ?

Regards.

Hi Martin.Was gona ring you,only i could'nt find the number.Well done Wee Ernie.I recon they should all be under's Martin,although i am gona work on a couple to see what i can do with them.Ive proved before,that calcium is a big factor in rearing a pup,and the ability of the body to be able to use the calcium.Reared a pup on wild Goat's milk one time.Which is way better than captive goat's milk.He was the runt of the litter,and ended up 24 inches,as to his sibling's, where the biggest finished up at 21.This pup got the milk till he was 8 month's old.Scruff.Megan's pup,was jagged daily,with calciject,after he broke his metacarpel's,and ended up 26,inches.Megan is 22n3/4,and his dad was the same.Ordinarily,they should all be under's,and little flyer's,but they have to reach that age yet.Have a few booked already mate.

Billy this is not a trick question, but could you educate me on the difference between wild goats milk and captive goats milk, and do you have to be a fast runner to catch the wild goat? :sweating:

Jayne

nettle said:
Billy this is not a trick question, but could you educate me on the difference between wild goats milk and captive goats milk, and do you have to be a fast runner to catch the wild goat? :sweating: Jayne

Sorry but ROFLMAO at that one! :lol:

Don't know if you'd consider me to be someone who would put 100% into a dog but I do and feel too inexperienced to take on another racer at the mo, with time comes wisdom though, or so I hope! :- "

nettle said:
billyboy45 said:
Martin Tucker said:
Glad you had such a good litter Billy ! I remember how suprised you were when I told you I had her mated so early, but obviously we got it `spot on`!
Looks like there will be plenty of racing strength in the Shows over the next number of years ! What do you think they will turn out like, Unders or Overs ?

Regards.

Hi Martin.Was gona ring you,only i could'nt find the number.Well done Wee Ernie.I recon they should all be under's Martin,although i am gona work on a couple to see what i can do with them.Ive proved before,that calcium is a big factor in rearing a pup,and the ability of the body to be able to use the calcium.Reared a pup on wild Goat's milk one time.Which is way better than captive goat's milk.He was the runt of the litter,and ended up 24 inches,as to his sibling's, where the biggest finished up at 21.This pup got the milk till he was 8 month's old.Scruff.Megan's pup,was jagged daily,with calciject,after he broke his metacarpel's,and ended up 26,inches.Megan is 22n3/4,and his dad was the same.Ordinarily,they should all be under's,and little flyer's,but they have to reach that age yet.Have a few booked already mate.

Billy this is not a trick question, but could you educate me on the difference between wild goats milk and captive goats milk, and do you have to be a fast runner to catch the wild goat? :sweating:

Jayne

See you need to be country wise to know the answer to that one.But i'll tell you anyway.There is a goat farm,just up the road from me.The goat's are fed from a bag.ie,meal fed goat's.They even make ice cream from the milk,+butter,chese and whatever.Wild goat's eat what god gave them,ie,herb's,briar's hedges,grass,and the leave's of low laying branches.This is where the good quality milk come's from.My wife's brother had a heard or 40+pedigree white goat's,and they were just milked where they stood,or if they had just had their kid's,and were inside for a few day's,then they were miked where ever they where.Male kid's are put down at birth,so if the nanny had 2 male's,then all of her milk had to be taken from her by hand,and this was a regular occurance.So no.you did'nt need to be fleet of foot.Wild in this situation ,just meant they were allowed to roam where ever they liked,and eat whatever they found.The milk from farmed goat's is pasturises,in other word's watered down.Wild goat's milk is thick,and pure.Its great for skin problem's,in human's and dog's.Cant get it now,so next best thing is dried lamb's milk.

wild whippies said:
nettle said:
Billy this is not a trick question, but could you educate me on the difference between wild goats milk and captive goats milk, and do you have to be a fast runner to catch the wild goat? :sweating: Jayne

Sorry but ROFLMAO at that one! :lol:

Don't know if you'd consider me to be someone who would put 100% into a dog but I do and feel too inexperienced to take on another racer at the mo, with time comes wisdom though, or so I hope! :- "

I would have no problem with you Jaq,as i know you would give it whatever it needed,in all aspect's of the game.One thing ive learned on here,is who care's for their dog's,and seein what you've accomplished with AVIT,tell's me you dont sit on you're ass all day,when there's a job to be done,and a dog to be got ready.And you're right,with time come's wisdom.Just like you said about camera lens's.Learn all you can,about what you've got,before adding another one.Sorry i did'nt listen to you're advice,but the one that came with the camera,was'nt realy that sufficient for the job it was needed for.I was'nt meaning you though,when i said whatever i said.Iwas refering to a few who are interested in the pup's. Billy.

midlanderkeith said:
billyboy45 said:
1st one,is of Tara not realy knowing what's going on with her back end.But 6 hour's later and she was beginning to find out.She went into labour sometime yesterday evening,started pushing at 1am,had her 1st pup at almost 4am,and her last at 10.30ish.The 8th pup was born dead,but the other 9 are doing great,as is mum. 2 red fawn,1 red brindle,1dark brindle,and 5 silvery blue brindles.6 dog's 4 bitches.
Sorry about the 8th pup Billy, but good luck with the rest of em

keith :cheers: :luck:

Hi Keith.Yep,it's a pity,but probibly nature's way of dealing with future problem's. :cheers: . Billy.

billyboy45 said:
nettle said:
billyboy45 said:
Martin Tucker said:

Regards.

Jayne

See you need to be country wise to know the answer to that one.But i'll tell you anyway.There is a goat farm,just up the road from me.The goat's are fed from a bag.ie,meal fed goat's.They even make ice cream from the milk,+butter,chese and whatever.Wild goat's eat what god gave them,ie,herb's,briar's hedges,grass,and the leave's of low laying branches.This is where the good quality milk come's from.My wife's brother had a heard or 40+pedigree white goat's,and they were just milked where they stood,or if they had just had their kid's,and were inside for a few day's,then they were miked where ever they where.Male kid's are put down at birth,so if the nanny had 2 male's,then all of her milk had to be taken from her by hand,and this was a regular occurance.So no.you did'nt need to be fleet of foot.Wild in this situation ,just meant they were allowed to roam where ever they liked,and eat whatever they found.The milk from farmed goat's is pasturises,in other word's watered down.Wild goat's milk is thick,and pure.Its great for skin problem's,in human's and dog's.Cant get it now,so next best thing is dried lamb's milk.
Thank you Billy :thumbsup: that does make sense :thumbsup: I was only joking when I said do you have to be a fast runner :D And thank you for being a good sport :thumbsup: so please please show us ignoramus a picture of the one which you think will be the fastest :thumbsup:

Jayne

nettle said:
billyboy45 said:
nettle said:
billyboy45 said:
Martin Tucker said:

Regards.

Jayne

Thank you Billy :thumbsup: that does make sense :thumbsup: I was only joking when I said do you have to be a fast runner :D And thank you for being a good sport :thumbsup: so please please show us ignoramus a picture of the one which you think will be the fastest :thumbsup:

Jayne

I wont do that just yet,as the time when i reared scruff,i was giving John stick about Scruff going to be his worst nightmare n that,and the next week i stood back on him and smashed all his metacarpel's.Then when Jake was 4n1/2 month's of age,i said he was going to be next year's All ireland under 23 Champ,and he did a knee the following day.That is why ive been beating about the bush here.So please respect my decision to say nothing about who i think will be the best pup.Anyway,if the best 6 pup's in the litter,are'nt done roght,the worst 4 could beat them.So it's not all down to which pup will be the quickest.It's who can bring the best out of them.I know,God willing,that i will do the best with what i keep.What i mean is,you wont get far anyway fast,in a Porche,if you put a mixture of 2stroke in it,And would probibly get beaten by a zupped up, tuned to the hilt,Mini Metro. I was getting nowhere with my greyhound bitch,as id sort of lost all interest in racing greyhound's with the way thing's are going,over here at the mo,with drug's n stuff.She was winning a few races,but not in the time's she was capeble off.Qualified her a few week's ago put a lot of effort in,and she won 1st night out,in the best time of her life,then last night she was onll 3rd,as she missed her break,and got boxed in,but still went another 4 length's quicker than last week.So it's not only 100%dog.It also has to be 110% effort.So it dont matter about who's the fastest pup,if there's no effort. Hope this end's this now.In time you will see what i have picked,and i have a few pix of them put away for when i need them. ...Billy...

nettle said:
billyboy45 said:
nettle said:
billyboy45 said:
Martin Tucker said:

Regards.

Jayne

Jayne

Im sure you have seen the way i am feeding Tara till the pup's are weaned.There is everything in that soup that she need's to produce good strong milk.Just look at Pyper ,and Stern.No way do they look like little 3/4 whippetxgreyhound's.All this is down to a good start.A good sturdy foundation,produces a good sturdy house,and these 2 are built like shit houses.

billyboy45 said:
nettle said:
billyboy45 said:
nettle said:
billyboy45 said:
Martin Tucker said:

Regards.

Jayne

Jayne

I wont do that just yet,as the time when i reared scruff,i was giving John stick about Scruff going to be his worst nightmare n that,and the next week i stood back on him and smashed all his metacarpel's.Then when Jake was 4n1/2 month's of age,i said he was going to be next year's All ireland under 23 Champ,and he did a knee the following day.That is why ive been beating about the bush here.So please respect my decision to say nothing about who i think will be the best pup.Anyway,if the best 6 pup's in the litter,are'nt done roght,the worst 4 could beat them.So it's not all down to which pup will be the quickest.It's who can bring the best out of them.I know,God willing,that i will do the best with what i keep.What i mean is,you wont get far anyway fast,in a Porche,if you put a mixture of 2stroke in it,And would probibly get beaten by a zupped up, tuned to the hilt,Mini Metro. I was getting nowhere with my greyhound bitch,as id sort of lost all interest in racing greyhound's with the way thing's are going,over here at the mo,with drug's n stuff.She was winning a few races,but not in the time's she was capeble off.Qualified her a few week's ago put a lot of effort in,and she won 1st night out,in the best time of her life,then last night she was onll 3rd,as she missed her break,and got boxed in,but still went another 4 length's quicker than last week.So it's not only 100%dog.It also has to be 110% effort.So it dont matter about who's the fastest pup,if there's no effort. Hope this end's this now.In time you will see what i have picked,and i have a few pix of them put away for when i need them. ...Billy...

billyboy youve been at this game a long time..i trust you to pick a good pair of pups... all joking aside. youve been unlucky with dogs recently but youll come good...you know i know that too...

;)

herby said:
billyboy45 said:
nettle said:
billyboy45 said:
nettle said:
billyboy45 said:
Martin Tucker said:

Regards.

Jayne

Jayne

billyboy youve been at this game a long time..i trust you to pick a good pair of pups... all joking aside. youve been unlucky with dogs recently but youll come good...you know i know that too...

;)

Forgot to add Trouble to that list,did'nt i.2 days after she got to within 4n1/2 length's of Miss Tori,at 8n1/2 month's of age,i was looking at a wee flyer,going up the field behind Megan and looking forward to next year,when all of a shot,she yelp's,stop's and sit's down.Torn Grasilie's.Day before,i was bumming her up on here.Now does someone not want me racing or what,or has someone seriously put the blink on me.Hopefully Trouble will come Ok,though Martin Tucker say's it's hard to come back from a torn grasilie's.Maddy did.Hopefully Trouble can.

billyboy knows that everyone in northern ireland wants thses pups to be the best in the unders ! i hope so too even from here in my country :thumbsup:

infact hes KING BILLY :thumbsup:

billyboy45 said:
Taraspupsborn071007037.jpg
Taraspupsborn071007038.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007039.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007040.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007041.jpg

Taraspupsborn071007042.jpg

an entertaining thread. Those pups really do look the biz. I like the one of the early roaching.

All the best with them :thumbsup:

Forgot to add Trouble to that list,did'nt i.2 days after she got to within 4n1/2 length's of Miss Tori,at 8n1/2 month's of age,i was looking at a wee flyer,going up the field behind Megan and looking forward to next year,when all of a shot,she yelp's,stop's and sit's down.Torn Grasilie's.Day before,i was bumming her up on here.Now does someone not want me racing or what,or has someone seriously put the blink on me.Hopefully Trouble will come Ok,though Martin Tucker say's it's hard to come back from a torn grasilie's.Maddy did.Hopefully Trouble can.
Ahhhh now you see, there's a moral to this story - don't bull your dogs up, no matter who it is or what they've got it will always come back and bite you on the ass one way or another!!!!

Have read through your posts Billy and have to say i disagree on what you say about it all being down to how pups are reared, although we all like to give our dogs the best of everything (sometimes to my boyfriends expence :b ) i believe you can give any dickhead a good dog and they will get it winning, it's either got it or it hasn't, you certainly can't beat a bad looked after flying machine with a well looked after sack of shit JMO of course.

Anyway best of luck with the pups, they are a lovely looking litter and hope sometime you get your ass over here and the dogs can do the talking!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vicky said:
Ahhhh now you see, there's a moral to this story - don't bull your dogs up, no matter who it is or what they've got it will always come back and bite you on the ass one way or another!!!!

Have read through your posts Billy and have to say i disagree on what you say about it all being down to how pups are reared, although we all like to give our dogs the best of everything (sometimes to my boyfriends expence :b ) i believe you can give any dickhead a good dog and they will get it winning, it's either got it or it hasn't, you certainly can't beat a bad looked after flying machine with a well looked after sack of shit JMO of course.

Anyway best of luck with the pups, they are a lovely looking litter and hope sometime you get your ass over here and the dogs can do the talking!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ok then Vicky.Tell me why greyhound pup's get sent away down south,to be reared in the good puppy rearing farm's ,like Martin Tucker's.I'll tell you why.Cause they get the right grub,and plenty of freedom.I myself like bitches mostly,and ive reared quite a few greyhound pup's over the last 7 year's.That hea sadly ,or maybe not so sadly,come to an end,as i have now moved address,and no longer have the same scope,as far as rearing paddock's go.There's not a greyhound breeder in the country,who would now leave me up a litter of pup's to rear,where before,i was turning people down several time's a month.Now to the other aspect of rearing.Ie,feeding,or what i call at time's the foundation stuff.All pup's need calcium,and plenty of it,but if they dont get enough vitamin D,then the calcium cant be used by the body .I look on this,like a builder would look at the quality of the concrete,that goes into the foundation of a house.If the right stuff does'nt go in,then there is going to be a weakness somewhere.The first 16 week's after a pup is born,is the time to get the foundation right.Avery important part of the rearing process.After that,yes i agree,you can cut back.But my dad alway's said that if a job is worth doing ,then do it right.So to me rearing is very important.Ive yet to see badly done pup's making anything.Ok,you will get the odd one who could run on potato skin's,but i bet they are pretty scarce.Ive also seen pup's get everything,and they could'nt beat a raindrop down a window.Iagree with you that any dickhead as you would like to call them,can get a good dog going.But 1st it has to have it,and as i said in my post,the work has to go into it ,to get the best out of it.Dont put it in,then dont expect to get it out.

billyboy45 said:
Vicky said:

Ok then Vicky.Tell me why greyhound pup's get sent away down south,to be reared in the good puppy rearing farm's ,like Martin Tucker's.I'll tell you why.Cause they get the right grub,and plenty of freedom.I myself like bitches mostly,and ive reared quite a few greyhound pup's over the last 7 year's.That hea sadly ,or maybe not so sadly,come to an end,as i have now moved address,and no longer have the same scope,as far as rearing paddock's go.There's not a greyhound breeder in the country,who would now leave me up a litter of pup's to rear,where before,i was turning people down several time's a month.Now to the other aspect of rearing.Ie,feeding,or what i call at time's the foundation stuff.All pup's need calcium,and plenty of it,but if they dont get enough vitamin D,then the calcium cant be used by the body .I look on this,like a builder would look at the quality of the concrete,that goes into the foundation of a house.If the right stuff does'nt go in,then there is going to be a weakness somewhere.The first 16 week's after a pup is born,is the time to get the foundation right.Avery important part of the rearing process.After that,yes i agree,you can cut back.But my dad alway's said that if a job is worth doing ,then do it right.So to me rearing is very important.Ive yet to see badly done pup's making anything.Ok,you will get the odd one who could run on potato skin's,but i bet they are pretty scarce.Ive also seen pup's get everything,and they could'nt beat a raindrop down a window.Iagree with you that any dickhead as you would like to call them,can get a good dog going.But 1st it has to have it,and as i said in my post,the work has to go into it ,to get the best out of it.Dont put it in,then dont expect to get it out.

I was meaning bringing a pup on once rehomed. Obviously if you're breeding a litter then you should be doing it right and feeding plenty of the good stuff and giving the bitch the best of everything or you are breeding for the wrong reasons (but my view is they should be getting the best of everything, every day of their lives not just when in pup or feeding her litter). I still stand by once the pup is with it's new owners if it has it then it has it - end of, that imo is all down to breeding, you can't sell a crap pup on and a top trainer is going to make it a world beater.

I hope all is still well with the pups Billy :thumbsup:

They got homes yet :- " :wub: :huggles:

blue eyed boy said:
I hope all is still well with the pups Billy  :thumbsup:
They got homes yet :- "  :wub:   :huggles:

Just a few at present.4/5 left. How's thing's,hope everyone's doin fine up there,and hope to get up a run some Sunday morning,for a bit of racing.If it still happen's ,that is. ...Billy...

billyboy45 said:
blue eyed boy said:
I hope all is still well with the pups Billy  :thumbsup:
They got homes yet :- "  :wub:   :huggles:

Just a few at present.4/5 left. How's thing's,hope everyone's doin fine up there,and hope to get up a run some Sunday morning,for a bit of racing.If it still happen's ,that is. ...Billy...

Yea things are good thanks, Am not sure if that is till goin on Billy, Dont quote me on that tho, :blink:

If you wont to take a run up some weekend, you can head out with the hawks with us if you wont :thumbsup:

Vicky said:
billyboy45 said:
Vicky said:

I was meaning bringing a pup on once rehomed. Obviously if you're breeding a litter then you should be doing it right and feeding plenty of the good stuff and giving the bitch the best of everything or you are breeding for the wrong reasons (but my view is they should be getting the best of everything, every day of their lives not just when in pup or feeding her litter). I still stand by once the pup is with it's new owners if it has it then it has it - end of, that imo is all down to breeding, you can't sell a crap pup on and a top trainer is going to make it a world beater.

All down to breeding.Its easy to see you havent been around to many greyhound's then Vicki,as some of the best bred bitches in Ireland,(and we have the best bitches),are thowing crap to some of the best bred Stud dog's,especialy some of the ozzy stuff.Pure Irish on both side's is my moto,if you want proper gameness.You can have all the speed in the world,but if the fire is out,then there's not much heat.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back