The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pennymeadow Lure Coursing Cup

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Paula Roberts said:
Thats great news we wont need to thaw anyone out in the morning then. :lol:
See lots of you tonight, :cheers:   and the rest of you on Sunday, :thumbsup:

[SIZE=21pt]ONLY 1 MORE SLEEP SARAH[/SIZE] :huggles:

sleep???? whats that ? was up till stupid o'clock last night cos i couldnt sleep. :- "

looking forward to seeing everyone tonight

Best of luck to everyone for tomorrow :luck: , hope you all have a great injury free day :thumbsup:

Wish we could be there to cheer you all on but got something on that we can't get out of :( would have been nice to see some new and old faces :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well folks A good number of owqners met up in the club house for a drink or 2 last night in preperation for todays momentus lure coursing meeting.

Unfortunatly Andy & Lesley Smith didnt make it over for a drink as they were showing their caring side and were running a soup kitchen for the homless & needy (including Winos :- " ) I hear on the grape vine they will be making this a regular weekend event.

Nice to meet Debs and her OH and Ruby and Jinx's mum and their gang.

Good luck to all those taking part today, results & pictures later (if i'm not asleep by 6pm :thumbsup: )

Fo5rgot to say,..

after 2 weeks of rain the ground is nice and soft and will provide some testing runs for the dogs.

the dogs that make the finals today will have to have shown great stamina over the proposed 600yds courses.

Mark Roberts said:
Well folks A good number of owqners met up in the club house for a drink or 2 last night in preperation for todays momentus lure coursing meeting.
Unfortunatly Andy & Lesley Smith didnt make it over for a drink as they were showing their caring side and were running a soup kitchen for the homless & needy (including Winos  :- "  ) I hear on the grape vine they will be making this a regular weekend event.

Nice to meet Debs and her OH and Ruby and Jinx's mum and their gang.

Good luck to all those taking part today, results & pictures later (if i'm not asleep by 6pm  :thumbsup:   )

Hi Mark , would just like to say that i hope all have a great weekend .. :thumbsup: Mine is VERY peacefull indeed ... :- " as for " The WINOS " making it a regular weekend event ... i thought that they did that already !!!! :eek:

:cheers: [SIZE=30pt]A BIG WELL DONE CHERYL AND GARY WITH ANGEL [/SIZE] :cheers:

[SIZE=21pt]way to go angel .well done cheryl and gary :thumbsup: :thumbsup: [/SIZE]

Had a fab day, Thanks to the Lancashire for an enjoyable & well organised day :cheers:

Also Special thanks to Lesley & Andy :thumbsup: for being so sporting :cheers:

Well done Gary and Cheryl and the lovely Angel :cheers: Glad you and Rob enjoyed yourselves Namoi :cheers:

..... And of Course not forgetting

A BIG WELL DONE GARY & CHERYL, TO ANGEL for winning the main final :cheers:

WELL DONE TO EUGENIE PRINCESS & TO SUPY For winning the cons & Slipper stakes :cheers:

1st to congradlate maggiemay well done kiplin sends his regards welldone supe :thumbsup: .

well done sarah with maggiemay :huggles: and also rae with supe :huggles:

Well what can I say a fantastic Lure coursing meeting.

I dont know where to start thanking people as there are so many to thank

The sponsores of todays meeting.

Jeff Hutchings for the Pennymeadow Cups and the Consolation Final Winners prize purse.

Reliance Medicle Group for the Winners purse.

Mark & Paula Roberts for the Main ruinner ups purse.

Lesley & Andy Smith for thies kind sponsorship of the Consolation runner up's purse.

Northolme Supplies for thies kind donnation of Waterproof coats for all the finalist.

Aaron Atmore for his kind donnation of an original painting for the Slippers Stake.

Sarah & Bob Layfield for the lovely rossetts for all the particepants.

A big thank you to Jeff who worked hard on the slipstewards job and to Bob & Andy on their excelant field stewarding and line rethreading (after the bike broke after round 2) also to all the kids who ran in a relay rethreading the lure line all afternoon.

also To Paula & Donna for keeping everyone topped up with food all day.

Ruby & Jinxs mums Son who worked hard on the bike rethreading and was rewarded with a collection in which everyone threw a donnation in.

Sparky for the winners crate of Beer.

Posh Totty for the Rock.

and everyone to donnated raffle prizes.

A special thank you To Andy and Lesley SAmith on being probably the most sporting owners on the field after a small mix up in which they missed a run but then stepped down from a rerun allowing the other dog to advance through, with i'm very glad to say has been justly rewarded by the Slipper Aaron Atmore who has kindley given them an original painting in recognition of their genuine true sportsmanship they showed today.

A very big thank you to Aaron Atmore (Slipper) & Jude Scott (judge) who not only both did a fantastic job for us but at the end both refused to accept their fees for the day (these will be donnated to a local animal shelter)

I think thats all the thank yous if i've missed anyone out ploease accept my appologies but i'm knackard (but very happy)

Ok here are the results from todays meeting. ive added the type of breeding in brackets in read for referance of the 6 finalist. (ie: race,show, working, coursing)

Main Stake

All Black & Beautyfull

Bt

Silverslip Who Loves The Sun

Roadean Rhapsody In August

Bt

Eugenie Princess

Niisyf Heres Oto

Bt

Hillsdown Day Dreamer

Barleys Lad

Bt

Stars Strikes Little Hustler

Trudys Scumptious Of Pennymeadow

Bt

Stars Strikes Heart & Soul

Elgadane Cast No Shadow

Bt

Elgadane Black Mogul

High Jinx

Bt

Avismare Midnight Star

Cuttyfield Luffras Legacy

Bt

Starvass Moonlighting

Calloony Silver Jigaloo

ran a bye

Lynperry Waterloo Boy

Bt

Cuttyfield Sashas Secret

Big Brother Strikes

Bt

Highislands Just Jessie

Winterfell Tinkerbelle

Bt

Parkstone Take A Chance

Parkstone Let Me Loose

Bt

Parkstone Candy Kisses

Arjuna Joe Bloggs

Bt

Cuttyfield Celtic Charms

Pennymeadsow Pot Black

Bt

Pennymeadow Black Jack

Lynperry Wonder

Bt

Courthill Coral Bracelet

ROUND 2

Bt

All Black & Beautyfull

Hillsdown Daydreamer

Bt

Barleys Lad

Trudys Scrumptious Of Pennymeadow

Bt

Elgadane Black Mogul

Avismare

Bt

Cuttyfield Luffras Legacy

Lynperry Waterloo Boy

Bt

Calloony Silver Jigaloo

Winterfell Tinkerbelle

Bt

Big Brother Strikes

Arjuna Joe Bloggs

Bt

Parkstone Let Me Loose

Lynperry Wonder

Bt

Pennymeadow Pot Black

ROUND 3

Rhoadean Rhapsody In August

Bt

Niisyf Heres Oto

High Jinx

Bt

Trudys Scumptious Of Pennymeadow

Winterfell Tinkerbelle

Bt

Lynperry Waterloo Boy

Arjuna Joe Bloggs

Bt

Lynperry Wonder

SIMI FINALS

Bt

High Jinx

Arjuna Joe Bloggs

Bt

Winterfell Tinkerbelle

[SIZE=14pt]MAIN STAKE FINAL[/SIZE]

Roadean Rhapsody In August (show bred)

Ran A Bye after Arjuna Joe Bloggs was unfortunatly had to be pulled out of the final with a bruised toe.

Consolation Round 2

Eugenie Princess

bt

Silverslip Who Loves The Sun

Hillsdown Day Dreamer

Ran a bye

Stars Strike Heart & Soul

Bt

Elgadane Black Mogul

Avismare Midnight Star

ran a bye

Cuttyfield Sashas Secret

ran a bye

Parkstone Take A Chance

Bt

Highisland Just Jessie

Parkstone Candy Kisses

Bt

Cuttyfield Celtic Charm

Courthill Coral Bracelet

Bt

Pennymeadow Black Jack

Consolation Round 3

Eugenie Princess

Bt

Hillsdown Day Dreamer

Stars Strike Heart & Soul

Bt

Avismare Midnight Star

Parkstone Take A Chance

Bt

Cuttyfield Sashas Secret

Parkstone Candy Kisses

went through after a fantastic desplay of sportsmanship by Andy & Lesley Smith after a slight mix up.

Consolation Semi Finals

Eugenie Princess

Bt

Starstrike Heart & Soul

Parkstone Take A Chance

Bt

Parkstone Candy Kisses

[SIZE=14pt]CONSOLATION FINAL[/SIZE]

Eugenie Princess (show bred)

Bt

Parkstone Take A Chance (race bred)

The Slippers Stake (kindley sponsored by Aaron Attmore)

Barleys Lad

Bt

All Black & Beautyfull

Cuttyfield Luffas Legacy

ran a bye

Big Brother Strikes

Bt

Calloony Silver Jigaloo

Pennymeadow Pot Black

ran a bye

Round 2

Cuttyfield Luffas Legacy

Bt

Barleys Lad

Big Brother Strikes

Bt

Pennymeadow Pot Black

[SIZE=14pt]The Slippers Stake Final[/SIZE]

Big Brother Strikes (race bred with coursing lines behind him)

Bt

Cuttyfield Luffas Legacy (show Bred?)

Congratulations to all the winning & Runners up owners.

unfortunaly 1 or 2 very slight injuries but nothing more than slightly bruised toes non of them needing the attending vets treatment.

A big thank you also to Nigelmcfc for arranging for Aaron Attmore to act as our slipper.

the next 1 will be run (all being well) in January 2008

The owners of the 2 Main stake semi Finals have all expressed an interest in a run off stake between the 4 Main Stake Semis from todays meeting and the Bob Blatch meeting being held inh January to find the truely best lure coursing whippet in the UK (suject to acceptance from the East Anglias meetings Semi Finalist.

Hi Mark , would just like to say that i hope all have a great weekend ..  Mine is VERY peacefull indeed ...  as for " The WINOS " making it a regular weekend event
Seeing your lovely wife was as always a great pleasure Chris :- " but I must say she left us all in no doubt as to what she says to you at night :- " (some things should stay between husband & wife LOL :b )

Well done to all the runners!

SUPE - Well done that lad. Jacob sends loads of :* :* :* :*

Am gutted that Digger had to be withdrawn from the final :( so sorry Debs and Larry. Hope he's okay :huggles:

TCx

[SIZE=14pt]CONGRATULATIONS CHERYL AND GARY ON YOUR WIN WITH ANGEL :cheers: [/SIZE]

Gracie says
Welldone-1.gif
[SIZE=14pt]AUNTIE ANGEL :huggles: [/SIZE] hope to see you on the next one :thumbsup:

[SIZE=14pt]WELL DONE TO BOB & SARAH AND RAE :cheers: :cheers: [/SIZE]

Any pictures ?

Mark Roberts said:
Seeing your lovely wife was as always a great pleasure Chris  :- "  but I must say she left us all in no doubt as to what she says to you at night  :- " (some things should stay between husband & wife LOL  :b   )
Are you sure ....... I'm sure that she has told you all what she says to me at night but as i'm never there perhaps one day someone might tell me .... :- " :sweating: ..

Sounds that you all had a fab day and well done to ALL the winners as well as the also rans .. with a special well done to our little Supe .. :thumbsup: . Hope to see you all soon. By the way you could tell herself all locks on house now changed after a quiet relaxing weekend ... :sweating: :p .

Am gutted that Digger had to be withdrawn from the final  so sorry Debs and Larry. Hope he's okay
Unfortunatly Digger had a slight swelling that he sustained a few weeks back but that looked ok for him to run, He ran out of his skin for his owners all day but unfortunatly after the semis his toes started to bruise again and his owners took the very sensible decission to withdraw him rather than chance agrivating the injury which I must say I thought showed that the owners of Diggit are true sportsmen and were never tempted to take the chance on running him.

Any pictures ?
it was like a celebraty wedding there were so many cameras going off.

i'm sure the pictures will start being posted oce everyone has got home and sorted out.

Kierens over the moon with his Consolation runner up prize money (£25)

Hope to see you all soon. By the way you could tell herself all locks on house now changed after a quiet relaxing weekend ...
your lot did you proud Chris :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back