The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Poor Blues And Blacks Again

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Millie said:
moriarte said:
dessie said:
Strangely, and I can say this as they are both my dogs  :)) , but I think Guy looks more like Dante than Frankie, perhaps it is the Dessie whippet influence coming out cos Guy's mummy, Delphi, reminds me sooooooooooooooooo much of DW now.  Now you are going to ask for a pic of Dante in his hey day ........... Millie HELP!!!!
I'm confused now :wacko: which one is Bean's grandsire? :unsure:

Think I'm right in saying Frankie is Beans grandsire :thumbsup:

YEP!!!

When I first got the internet and spent MANY late night trawling whippet websites, Dante and Frankie were two of the dogs which always stood out in my mind. And since I have been a member of K9 I have always thought Guy was a very nice dog. Of course I haven't ever seen him in the flesh but I too thought he should be capable of CC's.

It is also disappointing to me that Cash's dad, Peperone Pacesetter at Gilnockie, has not been able to collect two more CC's for his title. I have seen him in the flesh and firmly believe he is worthy of a title. :*

Here's another related black person. Sorry that the colour has gone a bit odd but I've had the photo for some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
aslan said:
When I first got the internet and spent MANY late night trawling whippet websites, Dante and Frankie were two of the dogs which always stood out in my mind.  And since I have been a member of K9 I have always thought Guy was a very nice dog.  Of course I haven't ever seen him in the flesh  but I too thought he should be capable of CC's.

Aaaaaaaaw! Thanks Lana!! Frankie HATED showing but Dante was up for it, anything to please me. He did a lot of winning of classes and managed a RCC but I am convinced that if a 'name' that been handling him, he would easily have been made up. They are both so sound even at 11.5 and 13.5 years old they can outmove some in the ring far younger!!!

And, of course, Guy is a Frankie son out of a Dessie daughter (litter sister to my Lochsong), also as sound as a pound!

BeeJay said:
Here's another related black person.  Sorry that the colour has gone a bit odd but I've had the photo for some time.
Very nice shape Beejay but not sure about the dark green fur :blink:

Karen said:
Oh I don't know; a beast that had the best qualities of a whippet and an East Indian duck combined would make me a very happy bunny :lol:

There is another Black...............

This is Guy's brother, I think LOL

Karen said:
BeeJay said:
Here's another related black person.  Sorry that the colour has gone a bit odd but I've had the photo for some time.

Oooooooo! Green, I LOVE green, a green Whippet would be just FAB

Millie said:
There is another Black...............
This is Guy's brother, I think LOL

Yep, that's Guy's bro ........ I'm trying to remember what she calls him, I know he is affectionately referred to as Headbutt  (w00t)   :lol:

Now, he does remind me of Frankie!!

:lol: It takes generations to breed black tinged with green you know. Would that be a Kg or a kG perhaps. :lol:

He's a Bean son Elizabeth my Mouse's bro in fact.

Dessie and Millie is that the puppy that the breeder kept the one who broke his leg or summat like that?

He reminds me a lot of Bean. Got the silly white eyebrows.

BeeJay said:
:lol: It takes generations to breed black tinged with green you know.  Would that be a Kg or a kG perhaps.  :lol:
It gives me something to aim for, along with breeding a black from two brindles (black-bred, of course) and a brindle with chocolate stripes!!!

Dessie and Millie is that the puppy that the breeder kept the one who broke his leg or summat like that?

Well, technically I'm the breeder cos she hadn't transferred Delphi into her ownership and she is hopeless with paperwork so I thought I had best register the litter (she chose the names!) but yes ...............Eddy (I remembered his proper name!!) is actually one of three she kept.  She kept Eddy and Wayne who is a very striking brindle with black points and her OH had another brindle but, as they are married now, they have all three of them together, plus Delphi

Eddy did fracture his leg right on the growth plate when he was quite young and although it healed well, it is a bit wonky!!  Doesn't stop him doing anything though.

He reminds me a lot of Bean.  Got the silly white eyebrows.

Yep, same as Frankie!!

Millie said:
I mated the two whippets in the picture and got the puppy also in the pic. Sadly he only lived until three weeks of age but up until that time we never found a brindle line on him  :blink:
I know it's been a while since you posted this, but a member of Whippet World posted these pics of one of his dogs yesterday that he'd bred, and it reminded me of your little guy so I wanted to show you what he could have turned out to be...

1 week (they didn't know what had happened, because this colour should not have come from the mating)

Drama_Pup_Male_3_B__1_wk___09_21_04.jpg

8 weeks

8_Drama_pup_PJ_8_weeks.JPG

8 months

Drama_pup_PJ_8_mos.jpg

Dwight gave me permission to share these pics on this board. I thought it was sooo fascinating.

Wendy

Wow ! thats amazing.

Thank you for posting those piccys :thumbsup:

That is astonishing. Anyone got any idea what's going on there?

Okay Dwight send me some more photos of the 'family' for you.....

Here is a picture of the sire Phisher - l-r Phisher's mom, Phisher, Audrey (sibling to the pup shown in the original picture)

3__generations2__Audry_Phisher_Diva.jpg

more photos in next post

Wendy

Here is Mum (Drama)

Drama_04_13_03.JPG

And here is Audry at a week old (the one on the right in the picture with the sire)

Drama_pup_Female_2___1_wk___09_21_04.JPG

Still more to come

Here is Audry at 6 months

Drama_Pup_Audrey_6_Mo.psd.jpg

One more, but the filesize is too big to add here

Final pic - one of the other siblings from the litter (aka Party)

Party___Ft_Smith___GP_1___10_09_05.psd.jpg

He didn't send a 1 week picture of her, but you can see from the pictures of the first one (PJ) that I put up for Millie, and Audrey, that one started off very very black and came up fawn, the other looked heavily sabled and came out lightly brindled parti. I suspect the pic with the three in them is lightened a lot, looking at the 6 month photo of Audry where she looks more red.

Mum was a red brindle parti and dad was fawn from the looks of the photo (I think he's a fawn parti actually).

Wendy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back