The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppies Have Arrived.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
smoochygooch said:
Holly said:
Cursty why dont the people with red devil have him they dont have a lot of whippets do they
No, the people with red devil didnt want one holly, anyway he has a home now :)

Must be mad not to ;) Glad you got a home for that little one that I thought was really special :wub: Look forward to seeing them race next year (w00t)

Must be mad not to ;) Glad you got a home for that little one that I thought was really special :wub: Look forward to seeing them race next year (w00t)

Well yes i agree with you jacquie, but then mabey were just a little biased[lol],a lovely couple from poole in dorset are having him, they came to see him today and they seem perfect whippet people, really friendly and mad about whippets[lol] :) :) they dont race at the moment but they seemed interested in coming and having a look one day, but the main thing is that they will give him a nice home and that im sure of, anyway all the others have gone to racing homes so we will have plenty to keep our eye on over the next year or two.

Well yes i agree with you jacquie, but then mabey were just a little biased[lol],a lovely couple from poole in dorset are having him, they came to see him today and they seem perfect whippet people, really friendly and mad about whippets[lol] :) :) they dont race at the moment but they seemed interested in coming and having a look one day, but the main thing is that they will give him a nice home and that im sure of, anyway all the others have gone to racing homes so we will have plenty to keep our eye on over the next year or two.

I agree as long as they are going to good homes that's all that counts :))

Are we going to have a weekly update of pictures and weights????? :) :)

I havnt had time to take this weeks pictures, i will do it shortly and email them to judy.

I have weighed them all this week and i couldnt believe how much weight some of them had put on in just a week, daniels pup zeus has gone from 5lb 13oz to 7lb 9oz, i thought it would be impossible to put on nearly 2lb in one week, but obviously not!!!!

Little guy has now taken over coco leaving her the smallest and she weighs 5lb 8oz. they all eat very well and thats all you can ask for really.

Alot of the new owners have told me the pups new names but it is really hard to remember to call them it, sorry daniel i think zeus will always be chunky in my eyes, deffinatly if he continues to put on that much weight [lol] (w00t)

meglet said:
smoochygooch said:
I havnt had time to take this weeks pictures, i will do it shortly and email them to judy.I have weighed them all this week and i couldnt believe how much weight some of them had put on in just a week, daniels pup zeus has gone from 5lb 13oz to 7lb 9oz, i thought it would be impossible to put on nearly 2lb in one week, but obviously not!!!!

Little guy has now taken over coco leaving her the smallest and she weighs 5lb 8oz. they all eat very well and thats all you can ask for really.

Alot of the new owners have told me the pups new names but it is really hard to remember to call them it, sorry daniel i think zeus will always be chunky in my eyes, deffinatly if he continues to put on that much weight [lol] (w00t)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi im new to this lark.I'm Alfies new mum[billy no mates] How is our little Alfie,can't wait to pick him up next week. Always had lurchers before so does anyone know any good books on rearing a little whippet pup?

meglet said:
meglet said:
smoochygooch said:
I havnt had time to take this weeks pictures, i will do it shortly and email them to judy.I have weighed them all this week and i couldnt believe how much weight some of them had put on in just a week, daniels pup zeus has gone from 5lb 13oz to 7lb 9oz, i thought it would be impossible to put on nearly 2lb in one week, but obviously not!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi im new to this lark.I'm Alfies new mum[billy no mates] How is our little Alfie,can't wait to pick him up next week. Always had lurchers before so does anyone know any good books on rearing a little whippet pup?

Welcome to K9 I don't think you'll need a book now you're on K9 but I'm sure someone will recommend some :thumbsup: good luck with your new puppy :luck: :luck:

This weeks pictures :wub:

I really like the second one with the big grin :lol:

100_1052.jpg

100_1058.jpg

100_1061.jpg

100_1063.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
what you feeding them puppys on, the way there putting on weight i be able to bring Zeus (chunky) to work and race him with the greyhounds (w00t)

Great photos, where's the rest of the litter though????

Are we going to be seeing Alfie at racing next year????? :) :)

meglet said:
meglet said:
smoochygooch said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Meglet, when I got my whippet Lily I bought a good book called "The Whippet" it's by JP Moran-Healy. It gives you loads of info about puppies and rearing them etc..

Great choice of pup by the way, he was my favorite when I saw the litter :wub: and Dans :wub: there all lovely though!

[.

Hi nicky & andy, its great to see you on k9, im glad you got on here to join us, im sure you will make lots of whippet friends, Alfie is just adorable :wub: i bet you will see how much hes has grown when you pick him up next week he certainly has a good appetite, he wouldnt stay still enough to have his picture taken yesterday, so i will have to get the camera out again in the next couple of days, you will have to learn how to put some pictures up so we can all still see him weekly when he moves down to dorset with you, mind you iv got room to talk im bloody hopeless i still have to email all mine to judy [lol], i bet i will still be sending them to her to put on when they have retired from racing [lol].

Have you thought weather you would like to join us mad lot and have a look at the racing??

smoochygooch said:
[.

Hi nicky & andy, its great to see you on k9, im glad you got on here to join us, im sure you will make lots of whippet friends, Alfie is just adorable :wub: i bet you will see how much hes has grown when you pick him up next week he certainly has a good appetite, he wouldnt stay still enough to have his picture taken yesterday, so i will have to get the camera out again in the next couple of days, you will have to learn how to put some pictures up so we can all still see him weekly when he moves down to dorset with you, mind you iv got room to talk im bloody hopeless i still have to email all mine to judy [lol], i bet i will still be sending them to her to put on when they have retired from racing [lol].

Have you thought weather you would like to join us mad lot and have a look at the racing??

MAD, talk for yourself on that one (w00t)

dan b said:
what you feeding them puppys on, the way there putting on weight i be able to bring Zeus (chunky) to work and race him with the greyhounds  (w00t) Great photos, where's the rest of the litter though????

he certainly is a little porker, the other pups wouldnt keep still, im gonna try and get a group shot later, if the lense is wide enough [lol] (w00t)

smoochygooch said:
dan b said:
what you feeding them puppys on, the way there putting on weight i be able to bring Zeus (chunky) to work and race him with the greyhounds  (w00t) Great photos, where's the rest of the litter though????

he certainly is a little porker, the other pups wouldnt keep still, im gonna try and get a group shot later, if the lense is wide enough [lol] (w00t)

i just hope he is around 30lb, fingers crossed

smoochygooch said:
[.

Such gorgeous babies :wub: :wub: :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back