The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Rch/nch Viv's Quest X Connor's Lass

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
It's official !!!

20 weeks old and Jess is officially racing weight (16lb) !!!

Well I suppose we'd better put an update on now the pups are 6mths old.

Looking at those pictures from before it's hard to belive they were that small (and here's me still complaining when little Jessi gets under my feet). So here goes ...

Talli (with an 'i' not a 'y' as Adele has just informed me - I do appologise) is as big as Kerri and started growing again, she is 23lb 8oz and still has more growing in her legs. Talli is a terror (as all pups are) and she loves to just run for the pure love of it - usually in big circles after Jess or infront of Kerri if the mood so suits her mother though not Talli as she doesn't like getting caught ! Tally is yet to trial half-way but is doing well at every task she is set. Tomorrow night we are hoping to get her to Manton and introduce her to the traps (here's hoping she won't take one look at them and bolt).

Jessi (yes also with an 'i') is 18lb 10oz and she's a little red devil as she races in from the garden, jumps on your chest and then bites your wrist. But she has those big brown eyes that say "but Mummy aren't I adoreable". Jessi likes to run in big circles and try and keep out of Tally's way. Jessi is absolutely besotted with Blaze and follows her round the fields like a little duckling. Blaze in turn loves the attention and even "permits" Jessi to rest her head alongside Blaze's and gives occasional kisses.

Tango is still the biggest of the bunch and to date Jimmy and Karen Barr have had a lot of fun picking his racing name. Tango like his sisters goes free running and thoroughly enjoys himself, he is just increasing his distances on the track and is beginning to show more promise now his long front and back legs are catching up with each other.

Tom is doing really well after his operation to re-align the small bone in his knee as he displaced it before he was old enough that is would fuse and has recommenced his trialling over in Manchester (I hope Jimmy Dunn will come online and let us know how he is getting on). He is a little 18lber also and Jimmy and his lurchering pal are really impressed with him. Not to mention the fact that the boys adore him and he is spoilt rotten. Even getting to meet the family of England Rugby Star Jason Robinson whilst out on a family trip (but we don't want any tacklers here Tom !!! - But if you can outsprint the field like Robinson ...)

And lastly the best news of all Tiny has been spotted at a lurcher show on the 15th Aug - it looks like she has finally settled in to this her third home and it looks like a home for life. She even took a part in the show ring - maybe the new owners will race her I certainly hope so for Tiny's sake. If not with the Non-Ped's then at the lurchering events in the future. So long as she gets to run I'll be happy.

Well that's the gang !!!

P.S Mother Connor's Lass is still fit and well and although we have a little setback as far as injuring both front feet goes she is hoping to continue competing at her best !!!

Lovely to hear they're all doing well, shame about Tiny but like you say, sounds like she's finally settled!

I can confirm Tom is looking lovely (but he always was my fave :wub: ) very keen considering what little training he's had, chased the lure like a natural last week and is certainly built for the job! Am sure Jimmy will do his best with him.

Yes Susan that's right Tango was formerly known as Tim (he certainly isn't a Tim) and Jessi is the pup formerly known as Tilli - we had to change her name of course ... Tilli and Talli shoulds a bit SILLI don't you think.

But of couse Jessi also comes to her Sunday name Jessica.

Good update.

Are you finding them a handful keeping 2?

We did when we kept 2 from a litter... :(

Karen

Hi Karen - well it's a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde with the two pups. One minute they're at each others throats scrapping behind the sofa, the next they're racing each other up the garden after a ball. Then they're running round in circles holding a teddy between them then they're scrapping again but right now they're curled up on the sofa like ying and yang and occasionally they'll lay leant against each other with their faces touching looking at you like siamese twins. :huggles: :wub:

I can't believe they're 7mths old in about a fortnight, they've just been introduced to the traps though can't for the life of them see the sense in walking through them when it's easier just to walk around the outside but at least the sound of the traps doesn't phase them. (I don't think an oncoming steam train would phase Tally she's so cocky).

More training for them on Tuesday night :D can't wait !!!

Well I've just been on the phone with "the two Jimmy's". Well Karen Barr with Tango and Jimmy Dunn with Tom.

Tango is 25lbs and is looking OK after suffering a sore back a few weeks ago, he has resumed trials around 60yds or so and is reported to be looking really well for his gangly legs - he visited Wallsend Bigges Maine last Saturday and also Blidworth on the Sunday. We are hoping to see him along with Karen and Cranston on Saturday at Maltby - I hope I remember to take my camera to get some shots of him. I'd like some action shots but I've not got a good enough camera for that.

Tom has just come back from his holiday in a pet hotel - Jimmy and family went away down south but missed him terribly so it looks like racing holidays for them next year ! (Yippee). Tom is around 21lbs now and he chases at the Gin Pit, they're looking forward to taking him on a Saturday afternoon - what with Football for the boys in the morning and dog racing in the afternoon this bunch will be having some action packed weekends. This is to bump the page up for Jimmy to get in some pictures of Tom (I eagerly await the action shots I have been promised). Tom's favourite past-time is going out with Jimmy's lurcher pals despite the fact that he is less that a third of their size.

Tally and Jess are as ever Tally and Jess still training and trialling - we've been at Maltby this time and I'm glad to report that they are not phased by a sandit finish !

Jess looks to be thinning down now and is about 17lb 10oz so looks to make a 17lber - Tally is almost 22lb now as she has dropped weight too - it might have something to do with going rabbiting at night ...

Last edited by a moderator:
are you breeding her again?

hows moany moany...i haven't seen her race much this year

sam_web.jpg Viv's Quest now

Hi Denise - Blaze is starting her bend trialling on Sunday then we're taking her to the South Coast's the next weekend. She was on a month long course of anti-biotics following Scotland but has made it back down to a decent weight and so we have fingers crossed that she comes off sound following her trials.

Kerri is not to be bred this time round we are going to wait and see what the pups come out like as to whether she has another litter.

Note to Jimmy Dunn (owner of little Tom)

Donny Rovers .v. Man City

Can you remember the score ? :lol: :blink: :- "

:oops:

Tally and Jess have done 150yards from the traps - they loved it ...

... be a couple of weeks before they're back now though :D

Well I took Blaze to Askern today for trialling and we decided to take the pups along for the ride - just so they could have a look and so that people could see Kerri's pups (they still remember Kerri from running in 2003 - and Blaze from when she was a puppy).

Well no more than 5 minutes in the Stadium and the pups were going spare. Used to think Kerri was bad when at the bend racing but blimey O'Reilly (for want of a much stronger phrase) Tally was struggling and yapping and barking and little Jess who doesn't make so much as a squeak on the straights was screaming her little heart out.

Needless to say we had to put them back in the car sharpish before Tally took someones arm off :- "

Such an eventful morning that after a large dinner they've done nothing but sleep for the rest of the day :wub:

Peace perfect peace and quiet :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back