The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Coursing Crew

mao

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Due to high demand, well maybe a couple of requests :lol: The Coursing Crew are delaying their winter hibernation to hold a race day :thumbsup:

The venue, this could bring a literal meaning to the words " the dogs were absolutely flying" ;) is

Enstone Aerodrome

Church Enstone

nr Chipping Norton

Oxon

OX7 4NP

Entries from 10.00am 1st dogs in slips 11.00am

Simulated coursing.............Main stake £5.00 per dog

Consolation Stake for dogs knocked out in 1st round...........£2.50 per dog

Straight Racing to follow coursing

Races for puppies, under 21", under 23" & over 23"..................£2.00 per entry

Fun runs............................................................£1.00 per entry

Refreshments available. Don't forget to bring your pocket money to buy raffle tickets :teehee:

Overnight camping is available.....£5.00 for details contact Bill on 01608 684321

For all enquiries contact Paddy on 07737765999 or post any questions on this thread :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to high demand, well maybe a couple of requests :lol: The Coursing Crew are delaying their winter hibernation to hold a race day :thumbsup: The venue, this could bring a literal meaning to the words " the dogs were absolutely flying" ;) is

Enstone Aerodrome

Church Enstone

nr Chipping Norton

Oxon

OX7 4NP

Races for puppies, under 21", under 23" & over 23"..................£2.00 per entry

Fun runs............................................................£1.00 per entry

Refreshments available. Don't forget to bring your pocket money to buy raffle tickets :teehee:

Overnight camping is available.....£5.00 for details contact Bill on 01608 684321

For all enquiries contact Paddy on 07737765999 or post any questions on this thread :thumbsup:
Cant wait.Will be great to catch up with you all.Thanks for posting Maggi.Daisy can have a go in the fun run. :D

Amanda,Pete and doggiesxxx

Due to high demand, well maybe a couple of requests :lol: The Coursing Crew are delaying their winter hibernation to hold a race day :thumbsup: The venue, this could bring a literal meaning to the words " the dogs were absolutely flying" ;) is

Enstone Aerodrome

Church Enstone

nr Chipping Norton

Oxon

OX7 4NP

Sounds like a good day Maggi, would you happen to know how long the course for the straight racing will be ? Have to watch out for those long eared rabbits that live on the aerodrome !!!

fantastic!!!! :cheers:

gonna look at a map and decide if its near enough or not!!

will let you know soon.

I'm going to try to get up there!!!

It's only 186 miles away :D

186 miles is a long way for Sue & Paul, :- I bet they will be there. (w00t) di

Sounds good to me - look forward to it :thumbsup:

Enstone Aerodrome

Church Enstone

nr Chipping Norton

Oxon

OX7 4NP

Sounds like a good day Maggi, would you happen to know how long the course for the straight racing will be ? Have to watch out for those long eared rabbits that live on the aerodrome !!!
Hi Maria

I'll find out the distance & post it on here :thumbsup:

Don't worry about the long ears eviction notices will be served ;)

The actual racing area is fenced off if anyone has concerns re dogs being cleared for take off on the runway (w00t)

is this event just for lurchers or will there be a whippet stake aswell

Whippets are welcome to come & play :lol:

An 8 dog coursing stake for whippets has now been added :thumbsup:

Just to clarify the under 21" racing is for lurchers only :) Whippets can enter the fun runs, a straight racing comp will be added if sufficient whippets there on the day. ;)

What time does it get dark? We'll have to check if the runway lights work, save putting headlights on the dogs :clown:

Can I enter my whippet in the coursing now, please, or do I have to wait until the day?

His name is Irie (Caborzier Ironic)

Last edited by a moderator:
Whippets are welcome to come & play :lol: An 8 dog coursing stake for whippets has now been added :thumbsup:

Just to clarify the under 21" racing is for lurchers only :) Whippets can enter the fun runs, a straight racing comp will be added if sufficient whippets there on the day. ;)

What time does it get dark? We'll have to check if the runway lights work, save putting headlights on the dogs :clown:

Sunset at 4.32pm , Night at 5.02pm !!

Can I enter my whippet in the coursing now, please, or do I have to wait until the day?His name is Irie (Caborzier Ironic)
Hi,We were going to just take entries on the day, so we could do the draw for where you run. But have spoken to Paddy & he says we will pencil you in. Hope thats ok.

Whippets are welcome to come & play :lol: An 8 dog coursing stake for whippets has now been added :thumbsup:

fantastic..could you pencil in Draperslock Blowalong in the whippet coursing..thanks

Can I enter my whippet in the coursing now, please, or do I have to wait until the day?His name is Irie (Caborzier Ironic)
Hi,We were going to just take entries on the day, so we could do the draw for where you run. But have spoken to Paddy & he says we will pencil you in. Hope thats ok.

Thank you! That's great :D

I'm also bringing my lurcher for the lurcher stuff and some of my other whippets for the fun running .... will make sure their headlights are working :thumbsup:

Thank you! That's great :D

I'm also bringing my lurcher for the lurcher stuff and some of my other whippets for the fun running .... will make sure their headlights are working :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back