The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Coursing Crew

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Altho the ground will be very heavy, the weather will be dry & bright with fresh southerly winds (as stated above!!)

Trust me, I am a Meteorologist ;)

This is the forecast chart for midday Sunday - no fronts over the UK!

sunmidday.jpg

Will this event be running if the rain, which is cascading down and trying to drown us at the moment, keeps up over the weekend? :unsure: The met office is not being very positive about the forecast :(
Its been wet , rainy and damp over here today, they say its going to be windy and wet tomorrow and alot better for sunday...

im still hoping to pop down and say hi..hope cracker recovers quickly..dont you just hate it when ya dog gets a injury just before the event

Bow's getting better, not limping now and getting back to her normal self...only lead walks for a while though

Will this event be running if the rain, which is cascading down and trying to drown us at the moment, keeps up over the weekend? :unsure: The met office is not being very positive about the forecast :(
Its been wet , rainy and damp over here today, they say its going to be windy and wet tomorrow and alot better for sunday...

im still hoping to pop down and say hi..hope cracker recovers quickly..dont you just hate it when ya dog gets a injury just before the event

Bow's getting better, not limping now and getting back to her normal self...only lead walks for a while though
Cracker is raring to go.It is frustrating,its always when they are due to race or before a show.Dogs,who,d have em??He has had 2 staples out,but three are staying in until monday.He has been tanking around the fields,so i know he will be fine.Hope Bow gets better soon.

Amandax

Altho the ground will be very heavy, the weather will be dry & bright with fresh southerly winds (as stated above!!)

Lol!! I remember what Michael Fish said in 1987 :lol: :lol: :lol:

We will take you at your word and see you on Sunday :thumbsup:

I hope you all have flippers, water wings & dinghies :lol: The racing/coursing is still at the airfield but the entries tent could be anywhere north of here (w00t)

There's parking on hard standing so no one should get bogged down :thumbsup:

Safe journey to you all, see you on Sun. :lol:

I do have an explanation for Mr Fish's almighty error! At the time of recording that forecast (sometime very early afternoon) there was no reason to think that the depression in Biscay would do anything drastic! But, by early evening it became apparent what was going to happen & the Met Office in Jersey (where I was working) were the first to notice it and issued warnings to the airfield & harbours & police. However, There are no updated forecasts on telly at night - they are all pre-taped much earlier - hence no warnings!

So, yes, see you on Sunday where I am looking forward to meeting many of you, and collecting my little rascal!! Between my husband son & me we now have a list of names and none of us agrees!! By the time he has had a waddle around his new home I am sure we will know exactly what suits him ;)

I do have an explanation for Mr Fish's almighty error! At the time of recording that forecast (sometime very early afternoon) there was no reason to think that the depression in Biscay would do anything drastic! But, by early evening it became apparent what was going to happen & the Met Office in Jersey (where I was working) were the first to notice it and issued warnings to the airfield & harbours & police. However, There are no updated forecasts on telly at night - they are all pre-taped much earlier - hence no warnings!

So, yes, see you on Sunday where I am looking forward to meeting many of you, and collecting my little rascal!! Between my husband son & me we now have a list of names and none of us agrees!! By the time he has had a waddle around his new home I am sure we will know exactly what suits him ;)
That's fascinating!!! Thank you :)

I had never heard that and it makes so much sense of why it happened! You know, it never even occurred to me that the forecasts were pre-recorded :b

At the time I was living in Surrey which was one of the worst hit areas - however, I slept through it and didn't even know anything had happened until one of my team rang me in the morning and said she couldn't get to work because there was a tree down across her driveway :wacko:

Can't wait to meet your new addition - you are getting such a cracking little pup!!! :wub:

Quick update, very windy, stopped raining & the sun is shining :))

Heading off to attempt to start setting up, we may get lift off in this wind (w00t)

good luck :luck: see you in rhe morning hopefully gonner put wings on janes van o:)

A fabulous day had by all.Thanks to Maggi,Bill,Paddy,Christine and all the other hard workers.Love our trophy,was so proud of Finn,yet again.And the Wappy Greyhound,Daisy,getting reserve in the fun run.Was nice to meet up with our friends,and the weather was perfect.Well done to all the other winners,it was a lovely atmosphere.As for Vickys(vs1).s pup,ride em cowboy,he is a donkey.Well done on getting his trophy for 1st in puppy racing.

Just off to sort the muddy washing out.

Amanda,Pete,and the gang.xxx

i had a very funny message left on my machine today from jane and the gang and all i got was how they had won loads!!! :thumbsup:

WELL DONE TO ALL!!! :huggles:

dont know who won what but they were very excited... :cheers:

cant wait for results and pics..x ;)

i had a very funny message left on my machine today from jane and the gang and all i got was how they had won loads!!! :thumbsup:

WELL DONE TO ALL!!! :huggles:

dont know who won what but they were very excited... :cheers:

cant wait for results and pics..x ;)
When I last saw Jane, she was walking off with about 4 or 5 tropies in her hands.

Debs

A fabulous day had by all.Thanks to Maggi,Bill,Paddy,Christine and all the other hard workers.Love our trophy,was so proud of Finn,yet again.And the Wappy Greyhound,Daisy,getting reserve in the fun run.Was nice to meet up with our friends,and the weather was perfect.Well done to all the other winners,it was a lovely atmosphere.As for Vickys(vs1).s pup,ride em cowboy,he is a donkey.Well done on getting his trophy for 1st in puppy racing.Just off to sort the muddy washing out.

Hi Amanda,

Lovely to see you and Pete again and to get my big sloppy kisses off the lovely Spike :wub:

As Amanda says, thanks to Paddy, Christine, Maggi, Bill and the gang for a great day out.

Our Little Monster Dog Storm won the Sonsolation Coursing event and my little beddy Gypsey won the terriers. Although I have to say, I was most proud of our little girl Maizie. First time she's run in probably 5 months and having the pups. Came 2nd in her heat and 3rd in the finals.

Thanks Christine for giving a very sad little girl (Josie) lots of love and cuddles when the choc pup went with his new owners.

See you all again soon.

Debs, Ian & Josie.

xxx

A fabulous day had by all.Thanks to Maggi,Bill,Paddy,Christine and all the other hard workers.Love our trophy,was so proud of Finn,yet again.And the Wappy Greyhound,Daisy,getting reserve in the fun run.Was nice to meet up with our friends,and the weather was perfect.Well done to all the other winners,it was a lovely atmosphere.As for Vickys(vs1).s pup,ride em cowboy,he is a donkey.Well done on getting his trophy for 1st in puppy racing.Just off to sort the muddy washing out.

Hi Amanda,

Lovely to see you and Pete again and to get my big sloppy kisses off the lovely Spike :wub:

As Amanda says, thanks to Paddy, Christine, Maggi, Bill and the gang for a great day out.

Our Little Monster Dog Storm won the Sonsolation Coursing event and my little beddy Gypsey won the terriers. Although I have to say, I was most proud of our little girl Maizie. First time she's run in probably 5 months and having the pups. Came 2nd in her heat and 3rd in the finals.

Thanks Christine for giving a very sad little girl (Josie) lots of love and cuddles when the choc pup went with his new owners.

See you all again soon.

Debs, Ian & Josie.

xxx
Hi Deb,

Great to spend time with you and Ian again,forgot how much i miss it.Hope Josie is o.k,Dottie will give little choccy and lovely home,you could see that.

Like the addition to your signature of little Tex,can,t wait to meet him.The tow beautites that are left will be snapped up,they were even more lovely in the flesh.

See you soon.

Amandaxx

A really big thank you to everyone that supported the day :thumbsup: amazing the difference from yesterday's stormy weather to a lovely sunny day today. Well done to the winners & to all the other competitors. :)

Bill & I did get a trip down the runway, the gate had been locked by the time we left :( so we had to turn round, entertaining when towing a caravan :lol: & go to other side of the airfield via the runway.

Will get pics on soon, I think Chris will post winners' names (hint Chris ;) )

Well done to all that ran today and the organisers :thumbsup: sounds like it was a good day :) Julie

Many, many thanks to The Coursing Crew and all the team and helpers for such a wonderful and well organised day :thumbsup:

Tish (Devonmaid), Jo (twinkletoes dylan) and I made the long trip from Devon and came home with a hoard of really lovely rosettes and trophies (w00t)

I am sorry I don't know all the names the winners and runners up but I know the ones that I was competing in.................

Whippet Lure Coursing

1st Irie

2nd Sox

(both my wonderful whippies :b :D )

Lurcher Lure Coursing

1st Tinker

2nd Poacher (my little rescue girl :wub: )

Jo's little Dylan won the terrier fun racing and Tish's Lola got 2nd in the terrier straight racing.

My Sox also got 3rd in the Whippet Straight Racing :blink: :D

We are really looking forward to seeing all the pictures and it was wonderful to meet Jayne, Amanda, Vicky, Debs and a whole host of others whose names I've forgotten (that's my age :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Thanks again everyone!! :D :thumbsup:

What a wonderful day. I hadn't realised just how much I'd missed all my coursing friends since the season 'proper' finished at the end of the summer. It was fantastic to catch up with you all again. Thanks so much to the organisers for putting on such a fun, friendly and well organised event. It was a landmark day for me as my donkey (sorry, I mean lurcher pup!) Strider had his first ever go after the lure. He's not quite nailed leg co-ordination yet but he had tremendous fun and was full of himself afterwards :D It was also a real highlight to finally meet some of Debs puppies, they are even more beautiful in the flesh...if only I could fit one more in! I also had a cuddle with one of Jane's whippet/saluki pups, puppy heaven! :wub: Hopefully I will see you all again soon.

Vicky

x

From he little I saw y/day it looked like a fun, well run event & eveyone was enjoying themselves :) It was nice to meet Ian & debs at last, and Debs' sister & a few K9'ers! (sorry but I am hopeless at names!)

The journey home was a lot easier than getting there - we got lost around Stow & seemed to go round in circles for ages! Some woman we asked for help told us to go back the way we had come to Burford but that was miles away from where we needed to be so had to phone Debs & Ian for directions! We will never rely on Google maps again :angry:

Little choccie boy (still arguing with husband over name!! I want Cody, he wants Pika or Bolt) was brilliant on the home run - either asleep or watching the world go by.

The intro to Indie went well until he tried to jump on her in her bed - he got a quick lesson in how to behave! But they are bonding well. Indie is knackered and has not had much sleep - like the rest of us! Right now he is doing figures of 8 around the lounge & kitchen at a terrific speed LOL He is quite good in the crate too - only cries for 3 mins before collapsing into a deep sleep. They have both now collapsed at my feet and are sound asleep - with only about 1 ft between them - much closer than they have been!

So-an interesting sunday afternoon drive but the reward was worth every wrong turn & extra mile :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back