The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Coursing Crew

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A really big thank you to everyone that supported the day :thumbsup: amazing the difference from yesterday's stormy weather to a lovely sunny day today. Well done to the winners & to all the other competitors. :) Bill & I did get a trip down the runway, the gate had been locked by the time we left :( so we had to turn round, entertaining when towing a caravan :lol: & go to other side of the airfield via the runway.

Will get pics on soon, I think Chris will post winners' names (hint Chris ;) )
Like Maggi has already said thanks to everyone that turned up & supported us at the race day. The weather and quality of competitors was awesome (well done to all). It was great to see everyone again!
Results

Lurcher simo champ - 'tinker'/ john mc cabe

Lurcher simo reserve - 'poacher' / jane wood

Lurcher consilation champ - 'storm' / ian fisher

Lurcher consilation reserve - 'willow' / tom pickering

Whippet simo champ - 'irie' / jane wood

Whippet simo reserve - 'sox' / jane wood

Straight racing

Over 23" 1st - 'troy' / maria hill

2nd - 'max' / maria hill

3rd - 'barley' / nigel

Under 23" 1st - 'finn' / pete slater

2nd - 'shadow' / rita fisher

3rd - 'maisie' / ian fisher

under 21" 1st - 'molly' / maria hill

2nd - 'bella' / tom pickering

3rd - 'scrappy' / julie tinsley

puppies 1st - 'strider' / vicky stipetic

Terriers 1st- 'gypsy' / ian fisher

2nd - 'lola' / tish

3rd - 'cooper'

4th - 'dylan' / jo

fun run 1st - 'tank' /mez merrin

2nd - 'daisy' / amanda slater

3rd - 'shadow' / rita fisher

Whippets 1st - 'prudie' / june & len

2nd - 'chloe' / vicky stipetic

3rd - 'sox' / jane wood

I think thats all. Well done to all. :thumbsup:

A fabulous day had by all.Thanks to Maggi,Bill,Paddy,Christine and all the other hard workers.Love our trophy,was so proud of Finn,yet again.And the Wappy Greyhound,Daisy,getting reserve in the fun run.Was nice to meet up with our friends,and the weather was perfect.Well done to all the other winners,it was a lovely atmosphere.As for Vickys(vs1).s pup,ride em cowboy,he is a donkey.Well done on getting his trophy for 1st in puppy racing.Just off to sort the muddy washing out.

Amanda,Pete,and the gang.xxx
Hi Amanda,

Lovely to see you and Pete again and to get my big sloppy kisses off the lovely Spike :wub:

As Amanda says, thanks to Paddy, Christine, Maggi, Bill and the gang for a great day out.

Our Little Monster Dog Storm won the Sonsolation Coursing event and my little beddy Gypsey won the terriers. Although I have to say, I was most proud of our little girl Maizie. First time she's run in probably 5 months and having the pups. Came 2nd in her heat and 3rd in the finals.

Thanks Christine for giving a very sad little girl (Josie) lots of love and cuddles when the choc pup went with his new owners.

See you all again soon.

Debs, Ian & Josie.

xxx
Hi Debs,

It was great to see you all again & the slater family!!! Hope Josie is feeling better now, she nearly had me in tears!! Paddy told me on the way home that he was tempted with the black dog!( I nearly fainted with shock). That explains why he kept disappearing when ever the little chap was out for a cuddle( if only we had got him to have a cuddle too)

A fabulous day had by all.Thanks to Maggi,Bill,Paddy,Christine and all the other hard workers.Love our trophy,was so proud of Finn,yet again.And the Wappy Greyhound,Daisy,getting reserve in the fun run.Was nice to meet up with our friends,and the weather was perfect.Well done to all the other winners,it was a lovely atmosphere.As for Vickys(vs1).s pup,ride em cowboy,he is a donkey.Well done on getting his trophy for 1st in puppy racing.Just off to sort the muddy washing out.

Amanda,Pete,and the gang.xxx
Hi Amanda,

Lovely to see you and Pete again and to get my big sloppy kisses off the lovely Spike :wub:

As Amanda says, thanks to Paddy, Christine, Maggi, Bill and the gang for a great day out.

Our Little Monster Dog Storm won the Sonsolation Coursing event and my little beddy Gypsey won the terriers. Although I have to say, I was most proud of our little girl Maizie. First time she's run in probably 5 months and having the pups. Came 2nd in her heat and 3rd in the finals.

Thanks Christine for giving a very sad little girl (Josie) lots of love and cuddles when the choc pup went with his new owners.

See you all again soon.

Debs, Ian & Josie.

xxx
Hi Debs,

It was great to see you all again & the slater family!!! Hope Josie is feeling better now, she nearly had me in tears!! Paddy told me on the way home that he was tempted with the black dog!( I nearly fainted with shock). That explains why he kept disappearing when ever the little chap was out for a cuddle( if only we had got him to have a cuddle too)
Hi Chris,

That's it - you'd better tell him to bolt the doors - i'm on my way back down (w00t)

Debs

Go on Chris,you know you want to.A baby Finn/Sidney,just fit in lovely.I would get in there if Paddy is softening!!

Amandaxx

well done to all the winners and it was lovely to see you jane(jinnyfizz) and the gang,hope it wasnt too long of a journey...now we need to see pics of you collecting 'all' your prizes :)

i went over to watch and and see some off you lot...spent most of my time near the coffee tent..thanks

the weather turned out to better than the day before, took my two but they ended up in the car as they always get too excited and uncontrollable

Bows alot better now and would of easily of ran but as she had the week off due to her toe injury and was still on ABs..better safe than sorry(ive had too many vists to the vet lately)

it was alovely friendly event,

hope to see you again in the future :p

has a lovely day yesterday ,thanks for taking us jane ,lovely friendly atmosphere and very effiecient ,nothing happened "drectly" as were used to :clown: in devon ,looking forward to seeing you all down
DSCF3718.jpg
here in the spring

jane kept adding prizes to the chair o
DSCF3772.jpg
:) so heres a picture of the devon haul lol there was lovely prizes on offer

Go on Chris,you know you want to.A baby Finn/Sidney,just fit in lovely.I would get in there if Paddy is softening!!Amandaxx

Sorry, too late - this little boy is now sold.

Debs
Hi, have just read the comments out to Paddy. He is glad the black dog has got a home as he was caving in to my demands, by the time he had ate his tea he was going to say yes. But too late for me & the little one!!! :( Paddy wants too say a big thank you to all competitors for their great sportsmanship & well done to all the winners. He is glad you all enjoyed the day. :D

thankyou everyone for a really great (and long) day out, the bacon rolls were fab and the organisation was top notch and the trophies were splendid

janes whippet/saluki pups were gorgeous i shouldn't have looked

looking forward to shepton mallet - it's going to be a long winter lol

Well done every one, looks like you all had a brilliant day, :thumbsup: di

Well done everyone and thanks from us too was nice for us for a change to have a short drive home and managed to squeeze in some gardening too!

Rowan sends kisses to Poacher the new love of his life! :wub: (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back