The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Coursing Crew

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Can i enter a dog in the overs ? if he is a pedigree ?
Sorry the overs is for lurchers only, this also applies to under 21", under 23" & puppies, there will be fun runs for any breed. :)

lol i'm bringing terriers just so happen to have a noodle too ,shes not fast but loves the chase ,will give her a breather out of the van lol

Attempting to add a map for the people who, like me have a 2 legged version of sat nav :- ie some one sat in the passenger seat with a map saying "just go round the roundabout once more", "didn't we just pass that pub from the other direction?" & the dogs sticking their paws in their ears because they know what the response will be :rant:

Top.jpg

The entrance is on the B4022, a couple of boards advertising a flying club are by the gate. We'll also be putting up signs with CC race day on as well :thumbsup:

Attempting to add a map for the people who, like me have a 2 legged version of sat nav :- ie some one sat in the passenger seat with a map saying "just go round the roundabout once more", "didn't we just pass that pub from the other direction?" & the dogs sticking their paws in their ears because they know what the response will be :rant:
Top.jpg

The entrance is on the B4022, a couple of boards advertising a flying club are by the gate. We'll also be putting up signs with CC race day on as well :thumbsup:
Thanks Maggi.We can,t wait.Hope the weather stays nice for us all.

Amandax

Whippets are welcome to come & play :lol: An 8 dog coursing stake for whippets has now been added :thumbsup:

Just to clarify the under 21" racing is for lurchers only :) Whippets can enter the fun runs, a straight racing comp will be added if sufficient whippets there on the day. ;)

What time does it get dark? We'll have to check if the runway lights work, save putting headlights on the dogs :clown:
fantastic..could you pencil in Draperslock Blowalong in the whippet coursing..thanks
just wanted to confirm my bitches place (do you need KC names or pet names) in the coursing stake...

i'll be using the sat nav as im hopeless reading maps

Whippets are welcome to come & play :lol: An 8 dog coursing stake for whippets has now been added :thumbsup:

Just to clarify the under 21" racing is for lurchers only :) Whippets can enter the fun runs, a straight racing comp will be added if sufficient whippets there on the day. ;)

What time does it get dark? We'll have to check if the runway lights work, save putting headlights on the dogs :clown:
fantastic..could you pencil in Draperslock Blowalong in the whippet coursing..thanks
just wanted to confirm my bitches place (do you need KC names or pet names) in the coursing stake...

Hi have added draperslock blowalong to list but you can do pet name as will help us illiterates down on the start line!!!

Hi have added draperslock blowalong to list but you can do pet name as will help us illiterates down on the start line!!!
thanks also ive just spoken to paddy..and just added her pet name'Bow' as its seems easier

Hi - If we are having to pre enter could you put my two whippets in they ran in the August meet they are called Sonny and Prudie

Thanks

June and Len

Just a quick post to confirm that my two whippets are ok to run :)

Irie and Sox (aka Caborzier Ironic and Wixenford Winters Wish) :thumbsup:

Confirmed entries for the whippet coursing stake :thumbsup:

VS1...........................Chloe & Busta

Superstew..................Willowood Dark Whisper & Sweetheart Juliet

Devonmaid.................Noodles

Haycroft.....................Draperslock Blowalong (Bow)

Jinnyfizz.....................Carborzier Ironic (Irie) & Wixenford Winters Wish (Sox)

Gracie........................Sonny & Prudie

................................Massai Warrior & Moonlight Shadow...........sorry haven't got the owners name for these 2

Good luck to all :cheers: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortually i would have to re-draw draperslock blowalong(bow)from the whippet coursing stake...as yesterday after running around she came up limping...she had a very slight fracture in her tip of her toe and the vet had to cut her claw off and put her on ABS, she'l be back to normal in a few weeks, no long term damage

might come down to say hi and watch

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, Jayne :(

Poor Bow, sending best wishes for a quick recovery :luck: :luck:

Unfortually i would have to re-draw draperslock blowalong(bow)from the whippet coursing stake...as yesterday after running around she came up limping...she had a very slight fracture in her tip of her toe and the vet had to cut her claw off and put her on ABS, she'l be back to normal in a few weeks, no long term damage
might come down to say hi and watch
HI, Sorry to hear about 'bow' hope she recovers well. Have withdrawn her from the list Thanx for letting us know. Hope you still make it too watch.

Good Luck everyone ! Keep wrapped up anyone thats camping ! BRRRRRRRRRR....... !!!

Me thinks Travelodge sounds good !

Hi Chris,

we will hopefully be coming.Cracker ripped a hole in his back on Sunday.He has 5 staples,but is still bounding around.It just depends on if he has healed in time.

Its a long way to come just to race Finn,but who knows,Spikey may make coursing champ.LOL.

Amandaxx

Hi Chris,we will hopefully be coming.Cracker ripped a hole in his back on Sunday.He has 5 staples,but is still bounding around.It just depends on if he has healed in time.

Its a long way to come just to race Finn,but who knows,Spikey may make coursing champ.LOL.

Amandaxx
Oh no!! Poor 'cracker' He is young fit & healthy so I will keep my fingers crossed that he heals well & quickly!! I hope you still make it as I haven't seen you all for ages & have still not meet 'daisy'!!! I will be optimistic & look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

:alien: are about as after letting dogs out into the garden Sat night heard a yelp, went to investigate & there was Kade with a nasty tear over his rib cage, :( Without going into the gory details (w00t) sutures not suitable & difficult to keep a dressing on so we're trying Aloe Vera on it, as recommended by someone (going senile as I can't remember who it was :wacko: )

I hope Bow & Cracker both make speedy recoveries :thumbsup: Dogs, don't you just love them :angry: :wub:

Forecast for Sunday -

Dry bright & mild!

Quite a strong southerly breeze tho' with showers mainly confined to coasts. Temps will be 12 - 13°C :)

Enjoy.

Good Luck everyone ! Keep wrapped up anyone thats camping ! BRRRRRRRRRR....... !!!

Me thinks Travelodge sounds good !
We're hardy here in the Midlands :) love the driving rain, cooler temps, fog etc

or maybe it's that Travelodge won't take us, they might take the dogs though :lol: :lol:

Will this event be running if the rain, which is cascading down and trying to drown us at the moment, keeps up over the weekend? :unsure:

The met office is not being very positive about the forecast :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back