The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Today's Walk

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Funny old things, dogs.... Jimmy's having a clingy day today. Wouldn't leave me alone, followed me around, putting his paw on me (that's his way of saying "give me cuddles goddamit") and I went away to do stuff, he did the same with my wife!

Well, I think this is progress. We met another dog this afternoon. It and its owner were walking towards us, they were where we leave the bank for home, so had to pass them. I did my usual, walk forward and watch for the trigger. I tossed him a few 'find it' treats and we got quite close and he hadn't done his usual whimper. I wanted to finish positive so I moved before he whimpered but he got quite close, closer than usual. I intended to go down the bank and cross the road to get further away from the trigger point. Too late, a car came, then millions, we were stuck with the guy and his dog a few feet above us on the bank. I turned him and said my usual 'no' and he just whimpered, lots of 'nos' and whimpering and turning away, but no barking.
We went on the bank, back to normal and there was another dog where we leave the riverbank for home which he saw. Lots of 'find it' and moving away. He was still looking for the dog when we went back down the bank towards home, but only whimpering. I'm sure this was a better reaction than normal.

Last edited:
Funny old things, dogs.... Jimmy's having a clingy day today. Wouldn't leave me alone, followed me around, putting his paw on me (that's his way of saying "give me cuddles goddamit") and I went away to do stuff, he did the same with my wife!
They are funny. I would wonder what made him change like that today. Probably nothing.

Brilliant! Baby steps, but in the right direction.

Well, if anyone's feeling down, this'll cheer you up. Went out with Jimmy as usual this morning, went back to bed when we got back. Later on, he went downstairs, had a doggie biscuit courtesy of Mrs. ARH and a drink, came bounding back up to bed and was sick all over me, my pillows, the duvet and sheets :eek::eek::eek: Had to order a new duvet online and the washing machine's on overdrive at the moment!

Well, if anyone's feeling down, this'll cheer you up. Went out with Jimmy as usual this morning, went back to bed when we got back. Later on, he went downstairs, had a doggie biscuit courtesy of Mrs. ARH and a drink, came bounding back up to bed and was sick all over me, my pillows, the duvet and sheets :eek::eek::eek: Had to order a new duvet online and the washing machine's on overdrive at the moment!
Oh, ugh. Could this be why he was a bit clingy yesterday, not feeling well? Is he all right now?

Oh no! :eek: Definitely not a ‘good’ Friday for you ;) you needed a new duvet anyway :D:D hope he’s ok though :)

Oh dear I hope hes okay :(

I have my own Ugh moment. About half an hour ago I was helping with an Easter activity at the village hall, the OH was doing something on his car. One of the other helpers said, 'I think I've just seen Eddi running up the street.' I also thought I'd heard my phone ringing from afar. Sure enough it was the OH telling me that Eddi had escaped. I don't know how yet as the garden is Eddi proof. He was last seen about 10 minutes before running down someone's driveway. I went out of the village hall and one of the guys from the Hall was over the road at a junction, standing next to him and holding the traffic - as Eddi is scoffing something off the street. I called him and he ran across the street to me but straight past me. I shouted 'Eddi, SIT.' He stopped and looked at me and came to me and I was calmly able to grab his collar. OH took him home.
The ugh moment. I'd stroked him and made a fuss of him. He was filthy - most of it faeces as he'd obviously been rolling in it.:eek: He is having a bath in a minute when OH has finished on the car. Not bathing him myself! I've been teaching him to sit, at distance on the walk. It's worked a couple of times when the lead has slipped my hand recently, and today, big time. He wouldn't have come back 5 months ago. Also, he's never run that way the two times he has got out before, the OH thinks he was coming to the Village Hall to find me as they both picked me up from there last night. Aw bless. (Don't know if he caused any trouble, gulp).

Last edited:
After all the 'excitement', the fact he stopped and came to you when called, brilliant! Time, hard work, extreme patience and consistency with training is paying off, maybe a small step, but a proud one;)

OMG! But good he was coming to find you?
Can't say for sure, but he has plenty of fields and the riverbank to get involved with, which he had at some point, but he'd been wandering around the village hall for about 10-15 minutes. OH dropped me off but he would have picked up my scent . Maybe he just wondered if I was there as I never go and leave him with OH. OH inadvertently left the side gate open, stuff happens!!!

After all the 'excitement', the fact he stopped and came to you when called, brilliant! Time, hard work, extreme patience and consistency with training is paying off, maybe a small step, but a proud one;)
Yes, still along way to go, but both of us are pleased that he passed this 'test', even if we didn't intend for him to take one. He's very Velcro dog right now. I am proud of him.

@doggie1 omg it is frightening isn't it Olive does it to me also among every thing else she does! But Eddi came back witch is massive progress! :)

Ah well, today's another day. What kind of walk will we have, going a bit later too, means we might meet more dogs. We'll see.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back