The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Today's Walk

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register

shoulda kept the rain-gear on. :p I have rain-pants, too - they're doggone helpful, especially in keeping me dry when it's not only rain but WIND....

- t

errm, i referred to meteorological winds, not gastrointestinal 'wind' AKA gas. :p

The sort of ~~~~~~WIND ~~~~~ that makes an umbrella pointless, & is also likely to turn it into a former-umbrella, which is now a collection of torn fabric & bent spokes. :eek:
- t

Blue sky does exist!

623FB869-82C9-4194-B709-A1EB8C076A33.jpeg

No blue sky for you then @JoanneF ?

I’ve just hung the washing on the line in the sun and it feels great....ah the simple pleasures

Yes, blue sky today :)

Second laundry just finished, have to make ironing while the sun shines!

I'm still hoping to go to Portugal before Brexit. Struggling with Portuguese verbs though.:(

You'll be fine, doggie1 - my inlaws lived in Greece for years and never learnt more than 'Please', 'Thank you', and 'Another two bottles please'. Otherwise, my FIL just spoke louder in an accent picked up from the local UK Italian restaurant and Manuel in Fawlty Towers:oops: They got by;)

You'll be fine, doggie1 - my inlaws lived in Greece for years and never learnt more than 'Please', 'Thank you', and 'Another two bottles please'. Otherwise, my FIL just spoke louder in an accent picked up from the local UK Italian restaurant and Manuel in Fawlty Towers:oops: They got by;)
Yeh, but I want to learn the language, it will increase my chances of getting a job. Trouble is, I lived in Spain for a couple of years and learned a bit of Spanish, some verb conjugation are different but the infinitive of the verb is the same. I'm struggling to re-learn. (It's not the only part of the language I'm struggling with. Living there will make it easier I'm sure).

Yeh, but I want to learn the language, it will increase my chances of getting a job. Trouble is, I lived in Spain for a couple of years and learned a bit of Spanish, some verb conjugation are different but the infinitive of the verb is the same. I'm struggling to re-learn. (It's not the only part of the language I'm struggling with. Living there will make it easier I'm sure).

Good for you.. Nothing worse than English people who think if they shout and speak v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y the 'natives' will understand them. The rule we had was no English outside the house. It was slow going sometimes but it worked.

Good for you.. Nothing worse than English people who think if they shout and speak v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y the 'natives' will understand them. The rule we had was no English outside the house. It was slow going sometimes but it worked.
Some people we knew had been living in Spain 20 and some 12 years, and I could speak Spanish better than them after a few months. Where do you live?

Oh dear, I'm going to worry about Eddi every time he's off the property now. OH has bought a belt and a new Flexi lead so he can run hands free. He's already had a go at biting it.

Oh, as I speak he's had to bring him back as there is a Golden Retriever off lead going the same way. Now Eddi is upset. I'll take him for his walk in a minute.

Some people we knew had been living in Spain 20 and some 12 years, and I could speak Spanish better than them after a few months. Where do you live?

We are in the Netherlands and we also know people who have been here 20+ years and they just refuse to learn Dutch.

Oh dear, I'm going to worry about Eddi every time he's off the property now. OH has bought a belt and a new Flexi lead so he can run hands free. He's already had a go at biting it.

Oh, as I speak he's had to bring him back as there is a Golden Retriever off lead going the same way. Now Eddi is upset. I'll take him for his walk in a minute.
Wow, another first. I started taking Eddi for a walk and he was whimpering on the lead. I thought he was wanting to go after the OH. A car came left, so I made him sit. Then a few other were coming the other way, so I was concerned with the traffic. Meanwhile, back on the riverbank, the GR had returned with it's family. Eddi was still whimpering low key. Sometimes, things just don't trigger - traffic, OH not dog in trigger zone. o_O.Dog and family passed, Eddi made not a sound until they started crossing the road, he gave a cross between a whimper and a proper bark, a whark if you like. Eddi sat down and wharked again, then we crossed the road. He did look back at the dog briefly with a mild whimper, then off we went to meet the OH on his way back from his run.

Last edited:
I took a quick walk to Costa on my lunch break and it was really warm and sunny

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back