The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

We need more puppy pictures...

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Long time no update on this thread :D

Those following this thread might remember that I was keeping my fingers crossed for a nice sized dog. The sad news... at almost 9 months Oskar is already close to 51 cm (20") (w00t) :'( >_< He weighs 15.5 kg which is almost the same as his slightly *cough* taller half-brother Ken. The small silver lining is that two of his sisters still have potential to end up well within the standard.

Oskar last days of autumn

CRW_0795_oskar8m450.jpg

The fun news is that the puppies (a.k.a young hoodlums) LOVE the snow. Here are a few pictures from last week and our first snow.

CRW_0882.jpg

CRW_0866.jpg

CRW_0893.jpg

Just got another 6" snow... I just LOVE my shovel (trying to stay positive here :sweating: ) At the moment keeping the front of the house 'open' feels a bit like doing the dishes - repetitive.

[SIZE=21pt]WOW!!!![/SIZE]

Amazing pictures, I'm coming to live with you!

The dogs look gorgeous, I remember seeing a pic of that blue pup when she was about 16 weeks :wub: They both look in fine form, that one of Oskar leaping is amazing!

Great pics - love the snow. :wub: :wub: Superb action shot of Oskar. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Malin < iknow you think `Ken` is huge , but hes not you know , he certainly didnt look big when in with the Open class at Tammsvik did he . ?

here is a photo I found in my Tammsvik album. He might look bigger than Woody , but he is nearer the camera ;)

I personnally wouldnt be worried about Oskar . ( you could always send him over to me :- " )

lovely looking dogs :wub: :wub: look wonderful in snow!! :))

Lovely photos Malin! Oscar looks handsome!!

Vito is now 8 months old. I haven't take new pictures of him in a long time. He is now 50+ cm tall, his brother Wilson in 51+ cm, Kevin is about 51 cm, Nemo is 52+ cm and Uno is 48+ cm tall. I haven't seen Manu in a while, so I don't know how tall he is. Vito's sister Kerttu is 45+ cm and Milli 47+ cm tall. So, I'm quite pleased, because only part of them are too tall.

Here some new photos of them (8 months old):

Nemo:

nemo221104a.jpg

Kevin:

kevin201104.jpg

Milli:

milli201104.jpg

malin said:
Long time no update on this thread  :D
Those following this thread might remember that I was keeping my fingers crossed for a nice sized dog. The sad news... at almost 9 months Oskar is already close to 51 cm (20")  (w00t)   :'(   >_<   He weighs 15.5 kg which is almost the same as his slightly *cough* taller half-brother Ken. The small silver lining is that two of his sisters still have potential to end up well within the standard.
(w00t) :blink: :wacko:

Hello all,

For me 51cm at 9 months of age isn't certainly big considering the experience I have with Spike, his puppies and relatives.....

Malin my friend: "Take it easy" :thumbsup:

Lovely pictures of the sweet Oskar :wub: . Saga asked me to send all her love :* , she just wanted to add that she's known here as "the blue flea" :D :oops: (translation from a french expression): that gives you a good idea of her size :lol:

A proud "Grand 'Ma" :b

Tamara :p

sagawendymorgan.jpg

Malin what lovely picures :D especially the third one, great action shot :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Julie

I agree with you Tamara , Lets just wait and see :sweating:

Good to see all is well at home Malin (great pics) - I haven't heard from you for a while and was starting to wonder, although I'm sure the snow shovelling is keeping you away from your computer! I think Oskar is looking good. I know you don't want him too big but just over 20" is ok at 9 mths - do you think he has much more to grow? I would have thought that at 9 mths he'd be almost done with the upward part of his growing.

Would love to see some new show stance shots of the kids ... (Saga too, Tamara) :D

on the rocks said:
Glad you said that as my new boy is 21" @ 9mnths hopefully he will refine with age.
He's lovely! What a cheeky glint he has in his eye!! :D

Well perhaps I should clarify my statement a bit further. (I've actually read back and Malin said Oskar is CLOSE TO 20", not just over as I previously thought) Anyway, regardless, Malin is in Sweden and I reckon if Oskar stays at or just over 20" he will be fine for there. He will not look out of place.

I share Malin's wish to have dogs on or preferably under the standard height. I don't like my own whippets to be over the standard. In Australia there are a number of dogs that I really like but would not use at stud because of their height.

I would not like to own a 22" whippet (to show).

However as the saying goes "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". If I were judging in America (not Rome, I know ;) ) where the top of the standard is 22", I would not be saying "These dogs are all too big" and not hand out any major awards. But they would be too big for me to want to introduce that height into my lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
JAX said:
Malin  < iknow you think `Ken` is huge , but hes not you know , he certainly didnt look big when in with the Open class at Tammsvik did he . ?
here is a photo I found in my Tammsvik album.
No, he didn't did he. With the exception of Woody none of the dogs in the photo are within shouting distance of the standard (with regard to height) and I know there are big winners here that are taller than the pictured dogs.

JAX said:
He might look bigger than Woody , but he is nearer the camera ;)
:lol: That's my baby :wub:

JAX said:
I personnally wouldnt be worried about Oskar . ( you could always send him over to me  :- " )
I can't help it! :b If he gets thrown out of the ring with a depressing critique this coming Saturday at the Stora Stockholm show I'll roll him up in some christmas wrapping and send him right over :- "

6.773 dogs are entered for Saturday and Sunday, competing for the usual and the Winner titles and Cruft's qualifications. Oskar is 5th into the whippet ring so the pain should be short lived and afterwards I'll console myself with gossiping and shopping o:)

Morgan said:
Malin my friend: "Take it easy" :thumbsup:
Me? (w00t)

Thanks everyone for the compliments about the winter play photos :)

The snow is almost all gone now. Left behind is everything hidden and lots of yucky mud.

A snapshot:

IMGP0348_oskar9m_640.jpg

Wet and ice cold - poor boy is freezing his parts of. His sister is looking marvellous I think but light is to poor for a black at the moment.

Oooh - I think he's looking rather yummy.

Oskar is a cracker , Dont forget Malin , I know how to get to where you live !! Well most of the way ;)

Good luck Saturday , :luck: :luck:

aslan said:
Would love to see some new show stance shots of the kids ... (Saga too, Tamara) :D
Hi!

OK, OK I got it.....

Here's a picture of Saga ;) :p :lol: :teehee:

saga_noel.JPG

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back