The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

British And American Whippets

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Great to see you both back! :D My mother always told me to keep a little black dress in the house. Better by a couple of extra lottery tickets this weekend. :luck: :thumbsup:

Juley said:
Great to see you both back!  :D My mother always told me to keep a little black dress in the house.  Better by a couple of extra lottery tickets this weekend.  :luck:   :thumbsup:
Thank you Juley, my mother also told me to have one classic little black dress, she said no one would remember how many times you wore it, dress it up or down, but don't know if that would apply to a little black whippet, you would not want it forgetting.

The little black dress is lovely but I also like "Calliope".

patsy said:
Juley said:
Great to see you both back!  :D My mother always told me to keep a little black dress in the house.  Better by a couple of extra lottery tickets this weekend.  :luck:   :thumbsup:
Thank you Juley, my mother also told me to have one classic little black dress, she said no one would remember how many times you wore it, dress it up or down, but don't know if that would apply to a little black whippet, you would not want it forgetting.

Thank-you Juley,

Yes Im going to buy a bookfull of lottery tickets because certainly from that photo that particular little black dress looks stunning. Just as well we didnt go to Oregon on the other hand do we know anyone who has gone maybe I could ask them!!!!!

Nicky

UKUSA said:
patsy said:
Juley said:

Thank-you Juley,

Yes Im going to buy a bookfull of lottery tickets because certainly from that photo that particular little black dress looks stunning. Just as well we didnt go to Oregon on the other hand do we know anyone who has gone maybe I could ask them!!!!!

Nicky

Perhaps they could pop the little black dress in their suitcase?? LOL. Its certainly one you wouldn't mind bringing out again and again. Could always be accessorised with different coloured leads. :thumbsup:

aslan said:
The little black dress is lovely but I also like "Calliope".
Yes Lana Calliope is the one that I would like to buy if I win the lottery, so Nicky will have to be happy with her little black dress.

Thanks for those links. :))

It is really interesting to have a look at US shows and the whippets too.

I guess the bust of "Reign" is Starlines Reign On, am I right?

Ruby's gt grandsire..........Okay, I know many hundreds of whippets are related to him too. :D

Nice to see and hear Karen too.

Cheers, enjoyed that :thumbsup:

Pauline

Last edited by a moderator:
maggie217 said:
Thanks for those links. :))
It is really interesting to have a look at US shows and the whippets too.

I guess the bust of "Reign" is Starlines Reign On, am I right?

Ruby's gt grandsire..........Okay, I know many hundreds of whippets are related to him too. :D  

Nice to see and hear Karen too.

Cheers, enjoyed that :thumbsup:

Pauline

Yes the Bust is of the great stud dog Starlines Reign On

patsy said:
the wonderful online whippet mag. www.ewhippetzine.com

and if you click on the Cruft 2008 link, you might just see a certain 'show' whippet hard at work :- " :lol:

Look forward to the results of the specials this weekend.

How would you all feel if we had such a big event every year for the breed lasting a week.

patsy said:
Look forward to the results of the specials this weekend.How would you all feel if we had such a big event every year for the breed lasting a week.

Possitively tired, Sometimes a day is exhusting enough with a long trip.

I think it would be terrific, if, we the home of the Whippet were able to put the same thing on but I dont think we have the organizational skills of the Americans or the desire to get it together which is a shame. Full credit to the A.W.C, the planning etc that must go in to this event must be immense. Im looking forward to Atlanta.

Nicky

UKUSA said:
I think it would be terrific, if, we the home of the Whippet were able to put the same thing on but I dont think we have the  organizational  skills of the Americans or the desire to get it together which is a shame. Full credit to the A.W.C, the planning etc that must go in to this event must be immense. Im looking forward to Atlanta.Nicky

Yes Nicky I am so looking forward to Atlanta, we are going to have a busy year as we also have the World show, so lots of new whippets to see and judge.

Wasn't there a centenary event abput 10 or 11 years ago, just before i came into the breed? I seem to remember reading about it, at Uttoxeter. It would be brilliant to have a couple of back to back Whippet Champ shows, a couple of coursing events, some agility and the racing Champs all held over a week.

Juley said:
Wasn't there a centenary event abput 10 or 11 years ago, just before i came into the breed?  I seem to remember reading about it, at Uttoxeter.  It would be brilliant to have a couple of back to back Whippet Champ shows, a couple of coursing events, some agility and the racing Champs all held over a week.
I don't see why something similar shouldn't be possible. The endurance events I used to attend with my horse were usually just Sat or Sun events but one event held in Nottinghamshire [nice and central] ran for 4 or 5 days. More people and horses attended that than any other event. Most people caravanned or camped or those who wished to B&B attended each day. In the evening was a barn dance, another evening a BBQ. It was a really good social event where everyone had lots of time to make good friends. [we even had a little dog show LOL]. And it didn't cost a lot :thumbsup:

Pauline

Last edited by a moderator:
Juley said:
Wasn't there a centenary event abput 10 or 11 years ago, just before i came into the breed?  I seem to remember reading about it, at Uttoxeter.  It would be brilliant to have a couple of back to back Whippet Champ shows, a couple of coursing events, some agility and the racing Champs all held over a week.
It was the second world congress Juley,held with the centenary of the Whippet Club.

patsy said:
UKUSA said:
I think it would be terrific, if, we the home of the Whippet were able to put the same thing on but I dont think we have the  organizational  skills of the Americans or the desire to get it together which is a shame. Full credit to the A.W.C, the planning etc that must go in to this event must be immense. Im looking forward to Atlanta.Nicky

Yes Nicky I am so looking forward to Atlanta, we are going to have a busy year as we also have the World show, so lots of new whippets to see and judge.

:teehee: need a suitcase carrier? :teehee:

Good link, very interesting with some lovely dogs, now envious too :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back