The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Diet Thread

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
my downfall is spuds :wacko: love them........would kill for them, eat them just about everyday, and most days will have a baked spud for lunch as well, i was eating left over roast spud at 11 this morning :oops:

my second downfall is chocolate........cant get enough of the stuff, white, milk, dark chocolate, im not bothered which.......as long as it doesnt have raisens in it :x

i just want to try and lose about 4 pounds, which is not alot, but its just not shifting :angry: going on holiday next month and dont want to hang over my bikini bottoms :b

[SIZE=21pt] :( IV JUST WEIGHED AND IV PUT ON 2LBS ,HOWS CAN THIS BE IV BEEN GOOD FOR FEW DAYS AS IV BEEN ILL :( IM GUNA HAVE TO CUT DOWN EVEN MORE I THINK ,OOO WEL HERES TO ANOTHER WEEK AND STILL BEING 9ST 4LB, 2LBS HEAVYER THAN WHEN I STARTED :blink: [/SIZE]

hely said:
my downfall is spuds :wacko:   love them........would kill for them, eat them just about everyday, and most days will have a baked spud for lunch as well, i was eating left over roast spud at 11 this morning :oops:
my second downfall is chocolate........cant get enough of the stuff, white, milk, dark chocolate, im not bothered which.......as long as it doesnt have raisens in it :x

i just want to try and lose about 4 pounds, which is not  alot, but its just not shifting :angry:   going on holiday next month and dont want to hang over my bikini bottoms :b

i wonder why its not shifting? couldnt be the cold roast spuds or chocolate could it :- "

nicky, your weight will go and down depending on the time of the month..........its either that or your sleep walking in the night and scoffing food out of the fridge.

trac said:
hely said:
my downfall is spuds :wacko:   love them........would kill for them, eat them just about everyday, and most days will have a baked spud for lunch as well, i was eating left over roast spud at 11 this morning :oops:

i just want to try and lose about 4 pounds, which is not  alot, but its just not shifting :angry:   going on holiday next month and dont want to hang over my bikini bottoms :b

i wonder why its not shifting? couldnt be the cold roast spuds or chocolate could it :- "

ya think???????? :oops:

In for a penny in for a pound, 12" Subway Sarnie for supper anybody ? :wacko:

Wash it down with 2 glasses of red wine just foor good measure. Tomorrow's another day right ? :b

Fleesh said:
In for a penny in for a pound, 12" Subway Sarnie for supper anybody  ?  :wacko:
Wash it down with 2 glasses of red wine just foor good measure. Tomorrow's another day right ?  :b

pmsl :lol:

GUTTED!! ive put a pound on! my sis was saying was it that pound of ham u ate for tea. cheeky lil bugger!! so im listening to dolly parton baby im burning to cheer myself up!!! Hows the dvds Nicky? and are you feeling any better?

rach125 said:
GUTTED!! ive put a pound on! my sis was saying was it that pound of ham u ate for tea. cheeky lil bugger!! so im listening to dolly parton baby im burning to cheer myself up!!! Hows the dvds Nicky? and are you feeling any better?
aww glad im not the only one to gain ,it sucks thou but makes me more determinded to try harder ,dvds are brill done a pump it up work out earlyer today was shattered :sweating: on a good note im feeling much better today :D

Well, i dont know for sure if i've lost anything yet as i wont weigh myself til monday - its much better for me if i only let myself look once a week!

But my jeans are feeling looser - a little bit anyway :D

just wondering if you gurlies know the 80/20 rule?

i think its a Food Doctor thing, but anyway it goes like this;

if you eat right 80% of the time, what you eat the other 20% doesnt really matter much.

Obviously this doesn't mean you can suck celery stalks for 80 minutes then cram pork scratchings for the next 20 minutes and still lose weight lol

But, if your basic eating pattern is right most of the time, having the odd thing won't set you back.

I find this helpful 2 ways

1) it helps if I've given in to a craving - because I can just say, well that's this week's 20% used up (rather than thinking, well I've blown it for today so I'm gonna eat everything in the fridge tonight and start again in the morning

and

2) it helps me resist eating things just cuz they're there....

today was a good example of the second one - i arrived at a training venue to meet my trainee at luchtime (to check how the course she was teaching was going) and there was a buffet with just the kind of savory nibbles that I love.

But

I have a nice leg of lamb in the freezer for when my mum comes over for dinner on Sunday - so, do I really wanna waste my 20% on chicken nibbles n shop bought samosas? or do i want it for a nice dinner on sunday with my mum?

no competition really -

just thought I'd share! :thumbsup:

Thats a good point urchin thanks for sharing!! i did well last nite i went to the shop for rice pudding and because nobody came to serve me for ages i left it on the counter and walked away! then i went to flaming salsa and found i put on a pound so it wouldn't have made much difference anyways! :rant: :oops:

I've lost 1lb :D it's not a lot but at least it is going down (w00t)

I've been very good (avoided another buffet at work and stck to the salad I'd brought with me

but it's FRIDAY and i want beer!

urchin said:
I've been very good (avoided another buffet at work and stck to the salad I'd brought with me
but it's FRIDAY and i want beer!

go on have one, you have to have a treat at least once a week :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back