The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Diet Thread

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I weighed myself this morning & have managed to lose 4lbs since New Years day (w00t) That is just by cutting down my alcohol intake :- "

I've amazed myself as January has been a rotten month, I'm glad it's over. I've resigned from my job, got fined £60 for going through a red light (at 16mph, caught in traffic & lights changed half way across :rant: :rant: )and in a weeks time I'll be unemployed.

So resisting reaching for the wine has been quite hard at times. But it seems to have been worth it :)

Well done to eveyone else whose on a losing streak too.

Julie

Stayed the same :( really p****d off now :rant: I had tin tomatoes for dinner. I might as well of eaten KFC :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep i stayed the same too! and ive just checked my BMI and im overweight!! didn't go to salsa last nite cos of the snow so did my dvd nearly all the way through but buster wanted to join in so i had to stop :- "

rach125 said:
Yep i stayed the same too! and ive just checked my BMI and im overweight!! didn't go to salsa last nite cos of the snow so did my dvd nearly all the way through but buster wanted to join in so i had to stop  :- "
bless buster :huggles:

Hey guys how's it going ?

I'm feeling much better today, only one little cramp and I managed 3 meals (and some biscuits, and some cake). My excuse is that my OH was stressing me out and what do I do when I get stressed out ?? I EAT !!! :rant:

Somehow I don't think I'll have lost that 4lbs I have been losing for the past fortnight :b .

I had my 20% night tonight....a group of us from college went out for our christmas meal (i know, just a wee bit late :D ) One guy on the course teaches at the school of food, so we went to their 5 star restaurant where i had a starter of scallops followed by absolutely gorgeous lamb - am very happy now and well pleased with where I spent my 20% this week!

I've lost HALF A POUND !!! This week ... :b

Of course it has nothing to do with that extra roast chicken plus skin, chocolate, sweets, fizzy pop or 2 cans of lager I had last night ... HAS IT :blink: ??

well my 20%went on chinese last night chicken curry and half pancake roll :oops:

everyone ive found a good site its on the bbc website n calculates ur BMI. im just in normal weight bordering overweight, n then u fill in a questionnaire and it tells u the best way to lose weight, it also gives u tips on what u should be eating (in accordance to ur questionnaire results) and tips on exercise over a 6 week plan! but can i find the link can i heck (w00t) !!! il get it for ya'll tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
rach you can't leave us dangling like that!

Was weigh day today and I've lost another pound - so thats 5lb so far

yaaaay!

Can I join too?

I've got 10kg that I would love to say goodbye too!

lewington said:
Can I join too?I've got 10kg that I would love to say goodbye too!

[SIZE=21pt]yes the more the merrier hun :cheers: well im guna cry if i dun loose at least 2lbs by thursday as iv tryed really hard since saturday ,iv not had anything to eat so far today but iv got a tasty weight watchers meal for later chicken and tomatoe lazania :D [/SIZE]

urchin said:
rach you can't leave us dangling like that!
Was weigh day today and I've lost another pound - so thats 5lb so far

yaaaay!

charlie your doing really well hun ,[SIZE=21pt]WELL DONE [/SIZE] :cheers:

nicky12 said:
lewington said:

[SIZE=21pt]yes the more the merrier hun :cheers: well im guna cry if i dun loose at least 2lbs by thursday as iv tryed really hard since saturday ,iv not had anything to eat so far today but iv got a tasty weight watchers meal for later chicken and tomatoe lazania :D [/SIZE]

Nicky,

You should look ay a book called the Abs Diet. It talks about eating 6 small meals a day. If you haven't eaten today, your system could think you are in starvation mode, and it holds on to fat, just in case. I eat 6 meals a day now and it really makes a difference to weight loss. It also talks about the 12 power foods to help you loose weight and you are meant to try and eat as many of these a day as possoble.

Here is a link to their forum:

http://forums.menshealth.com/eve/forums

Does anyone know how many points cod in butter sauce is? I'm doing weight watchers and in my book it doesn't say :sweating:

lewington said:

Of course you can - come on in and make yourself comfy :D

Cheers Nicky - am very happy with how things are going - if i stay on target of another 2lbs this week it'll be a total of half a stone on Monday.

.....and I think sigzephyr's right hon, not eating all day is counterproductive. The human body is designed to operate on a feast or famine mode - when it think's there's a famine on it will respond by cutting down on its non-essential processes (like growing your finger nails) which lowers the number of calories it burns just by going about its daily business. The trick is to keep it in 'times of plenty' mode by eating regular meals (so it keeps doing those calorie burning things) but eat stuff which aint that fattening :thumbsup:

Ooh that sounds a good idea urchin! well im getting annoyed i thought i had put that link to my favourites but likely not! think i typed "finding bmi" in to google when it came up tho!! i seem to be doing ok this week but im touching wood because the last two weigh ins i was in for a shock! i put on a pound and then stayed the same even though id been making a real effort to watch wat i ate!

[SIZE=30pt] (w00t) WOOHOO (w00t) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=21pt]IV LOST 3 AND 1/2 POUNDS THIS WEEK IM AM SO CHUFFED AS I TRYED REALLY HARD (w00t) [/SIZE]

well done nicky you are doing really well :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back