The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Diet Thread

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
nicky12 said:
[SIZE=30pt] (w00t) WOOHOO  (w00t) [/SIZE][SIZE=21pt]IV LOST 3 AND 1/2 POUNDS THIS WEEK IM AM SO CHUFFED AS I TRYED REALLY HARD  (w00t) [/SIZE]

WELL DONE NICKY :huggles: :huggles:

nicky12 said:
[SIZE=30pt] (w00t) WOOHOO  (w00t) [/SIZE][SIZE=21pt]IV LOST 3 AND 1/2 POUNDS THIS WEEK IM AM SO CHUFFED AS I TRYED REALLY HARD  (w00t) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=21pt]well done nicky :thumbsup: [/SIZE]

go nicky!!! well done! is this from eating your regular small meals? or is it from an increase in exercise?

rach125 said:
go nicky!!! well done! is this from eating your regular small meals? or is it from an increase in exercise?
wel iv increased my exercise as iv got that dvd now ,and iv also cut down not having breaky and stuff so but just not having breaky and no junk ,thats all iv been having is a cuppa soup for lunch weight watchers meal for tea and 2 pieces of bread and butter and then a bowl of cereal for supper if im still hungry and iv done this since sunday (w00t)

Wow 3.5lbs that's loads Well Done :thumbsup: My turn to get weighed tomorrow :sweating:

how's everyone doing???

i've managed another 2lbs - so thats 8lbs in total.

feeling very encouraged now i've broken the half stone mark :D and i can really feel the difference.

Yaaaay me!

urchin said:
how's everyone doing???
i've managed another 2lbs - so thats 8lbs in total.

feeling very encouraged now i've broken the half stone mark  :D   and i can really feel the difference.

Yaaaay me!

:cheers: [SIZE=21pt]WELL DONE HUN :[/SIZE]cheers: MY WEIGH IN TOMOZ ,IV PROB PUT ON THOUGH BEEN SO STRESSED :sweating:

Bloody hell half a stone! thats so good! well done :cheers: im weighing in today i havent shifted in the last two weeks which has kinda put me off! still going to salsa though and do feel fitter just not thinner! god its depressing! :D

[SIZE=14pt]well iv just weight and iv put on a pound so im 9st 1lb and iv just had two pieces of toast and a coffee ,to be honest i was thinking i would have put on more as iv been really bad since moving me mam just grabbing chip shop and junk when i could so thats not to bad 1lb ,ooo yeh and im starting BELLY DANCING classes next monday (w00t) well done to all you loosers and chin up to all you gainers :huggles: [/SIZE]

I've lost 2lb :) so in total 10lb (w00t) I'm feeling so much better in myself :D

Lost a pound this week. took me two weeks to get it off after i put it on!! :b But yesterday (and im really proud) me and my boyf walked the Horse shoe bend at Ambleside. Its about 11 miles but it is described as moderate/ hard! it even had some climbing bits so im really chuffed cos a few months ago we couldnt do it and had to take a different route. im acheing a lot now but when i get pics uploaded i mite pop em on here!

http://www.walkingbritain.co.uk/walks/walks/walk_b/1002/

Thats a link if anyone is interested!

Well done every one who has lost it, and well done nicky for keeping it to just 1 pound, n uve gotta give us the update with the belly dancing bet ull have a laff!

xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just seen this thread. I haven't read the whole thing, so you may have already discussed the fat intake in your diet.

In December I was rushed into hospital in the middle of the night with excruciating stomach pains. I had gall stones :eek: To cut a long story short, I was released from hospital after a week, and told that I needed an op to have my gall bladder removed. I was advised to stick to a low fat diet, otherwise I would end up straight back in hospital with another attack. I had my op on the 7th Feb, and need to continue on the low fat diet for another 2 to 3 months, then gradually introduce fat back into my diet.

The result - I've lost 10kg (not sure what that is in pounds) in about 9 weeks :p It's a miracle as I have an underactive thyroid so I never, ever lose weight :angry: I never realised just how much fat I had in my diet. I have never eaten fried food, but the hidden fats in just about everything I ate was frightening.

So.... my tip would be to check the fat content of everything you eat and cut out the things that are high and replace them with a low fat version. It's really hard in the beginning, but after about 2 weeks you get used to it and stop craving the fatty things :thumbsup: Anyway, good luck everyone, I hope you all achieve your goals :luck: :cheers:

Hey thanks for this info. I dont know bout anyone else but i only rarely check the calorie intake on my food which i am presuming is diff to fat intake? :blink: Angel 44, u say u have an underactive thyroid? My mams thyroid doesn't work at all and they have only just started to get the right amount of thyroxine for her. She has tried every thing to lose weight but just cant seem to do it... Do you have any other tips apart from low fat intake? Oh and everyone some one at work told me bout a weight watchers pudding that is gorgeous and very low on points. (sorry if its already been posted) But u get a pear slice it in half then quarters, sprinkle it with brown sugar and grill it, then drizzle it with low fat toffie yoguart mmmmmmm dreamy!!!

Hi Rach, I take Kelp, which you can buy in health food shops. It speeds up the metabolism, so should in theory help lose weight. Your mom will have to check with the doctor first, as there is a warning on the bottle not to be used with thyroid disorders. I think it's more serious if you have an over active thyroid though. Does your mom go for regular blood tests to keep an eye on the thyroxine levels? I have to go every 3 months :(

Since I've had the gall bladder problem I haven't bothered even looking at the calorie side of things, just the fat content. I would guess that calorie and fat go hand in hand ;) So anything low fat will be low calorie :thumbsup:

i always check the fat content :thumbsup:

lost 3lb :sweating:

i can wear my bikini with worrying to much about over hang :- "

(off on my hols tomorrow)

Angel44 said:
I've just seen this thread.  I haven't read the whole thing, so you may have already discussed the fat intake in your diet. 
In December I was rushed into hospital in the middle of the night with excruciating stomach pains.  I had gall stones  :eek:   To cut a long story short, I was released from hospital after a week, and told that I needed an op to have my gall bladder removed.  I was advised to stick to a low fat diet, otherwise I would end up straight back in hospital with another attack.  I had my op on the 7th Feb, and need to continue on the low fat diet for another 2 to 3 months, then gradually introduce fat back into my diet. 

The result - I've lost 10kg (not sure what that is in pounds) in about 9 weeks  :p   It's a miracle as I have an underactive thyroid so I never, ever lose weight  :angry:   I never realised just how much fat I had in my diet.  I have never eaten fried food, but the hidden fats in just about everything I ate was frightening. 

So.... my tip would be to check the fat content of everything you eat and cut out the things that are high and replace them with a low fat version.  It's really hard in the beginning, but after about 2 weeks you get used to it and stop craving the fatty things  :thumbsup:   Anyway, good luck everyone, I hope you all achieve your goals  :luck:   :cheers:

hi angela ,i to have gall stones ,but i like my food to much to cut out some of the fatty thing i did have an appointment sent to me to have it removed and scans and stuff but im to chicken to go so i just put up with it :b well iv just weighed ,i know its not weigh in day just wondered how i was doing and iv lost a pound already so thats 9st dead on for me woohoo (w00t)

Hi Nicky, my gall stones blocked the duct, so the pain was incredible. I have a very high pain threshold, but this killed me :( I had the op a week last Thursday with keyhole surgery, in on Thursday afternoon, out by 10:30 next morning. When I had the 'attack' I was in hospital for a week. Compared to the pain from the stones it was a walk in the park :)) Glad it's gone really :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back