The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Diet Thread

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Angel44 said:
Hi Nicky, my gall stones blocked the duct, so the pain was incredible.  I have a very high pain threshold, but this killed me  :(   I had the op a week last Thursday with keyhole surgery, in on Thursday afternoon, out by 10:30 next morning.  When I had the 'attack' I was in hospital for a week. Compared to the pain from the stones it was a walk in the park  :))   Glad it's gone really  :thumbsup:
hi angela ,what your eating like they say you cant tolerate anything fatty after the op ,how you been doing with that ,and i know what ya mean with the pain one of the most painfull things iv been throu ,still to scared to go do anything about it thou ,my doctor said it pretty straight forward proceder thou :b

So far I've stuck to a very low fat diet - under 3% - and it's all going well. I was told to wait about 3 months before introducing fat back into my diet and then see what I can tolerate. The only thing I've really missed is cheese :( I'm quite happy with steaming all my food now and will continue to do so. You really should go and have the op, it really isn't anywhere near as bad as a gall bladder attack, honestly :)) I was up and about almost as usual 3 days after op, and driving within 5 days. They tell you not to drive for 2 weeks, but I spoke to my doctor and he signed me off so that if I did have an accident I would be covered by insurance. I'm still not supposed to pick up anything heavy for another week or so, just in case of hernia, but I haven't always got someone around to help me, so..... I also used to be slightly jaundiced, so looked yellow most of the time. Now I look a healthy colour :p

Gall stones are the most painful condition ever

I had my first attack and was rushed into hospital and then spent 3 weeks on a drip

I thought I was having an alien birth!!!!

Brought back into hospital 8 weeks later and had keyhole surgery

Very successful

lost loads of weight and felt great

But depression after a hysterectomy at 35(only 1 yr after the gallstones)

means I yo yo with weight constantly anything between size 12 and size 16

If you want to keep a constant weight it is a long hard slog but get into a routine and youll sail through just remember that fat is not digested the same and keep it low if you can easy to say but hard to follow through I know.

Good luck with your recovery Angela

Feel free to PM me if you need some support :huggles:

I lost 2lbs yesterday which i am pleased with - but as mam says "how??" im still eating like a horse and not doing too much exercise!! hows everyone else doing?

rach125 said:
I lost 2lbs yesterday which i am pleased with - but as mam says "how??" im still eating like a horse and not doing too much exercise!! hows everyone else doing?
(w00t) well done you looser :cheers: ,only the 1lb for me this week im afraid ,must do better next week :b

[SIZE=21pt] :( Well iv put on 2lbs :b must get back on trac ,so how about all you other loosers ,how ya all doing :D [/SIZE]

nicky12 said:
[SIZE=21pt] :( Well iv put on 2lbs :b must get back on trac ,so how about all you other loosers ,how ya all doing  :D [/SIZE]
:eek: hope your not going to get back on me :lol:

trac said:
nicky12 said:
[SIZE=21pt] :( Well iv put on 2lbs :b must get back on trac ,so how about all you other loosers ,how ya all doing  :D [/SIZE]
:eek: hope your not going to get back on me :lol:

[font=Optima[SIZE=21pt]] :lol: :lol: :lol: omg what am i like only just realized how that reads pmsl :lol: :lol: youd prob collapse under my weight hun :lol: [/FON[/SIZE]T]

nicky your a trollop, fancy wanting to get back on trac :- "

well i have put on about 3 lb on my holiday last week, so need to get rid of it NOW.............back to no bread and lots of salads :- "

I never weighed myself last week :- " will wait til Thursday now :D

Saw fleesh yesterday she looks to be doing well on her diet ... i comment to a friend that i thought she had lost weigh and he said she had been on a diet and to look at the diet thread in k9 ... i am impressed

I think she must of been giving her dogs plenty of exercise too they ran great yesterday :thumbsup:

Saw Fleesh yesterday, with a big Mars bar & a can of coke in her hand (diet of course) :- " no wonder she's not posted on here since Feb 2nd :- " :b :D

milly said:
Saw Fleesh yesterday, with a big Mars bar & a can of coke in her hand (diet of course) :- " no wonder she's not posted on here since Feb 2nd :- "  :b   :D
(w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

I have been dieting since Sept and am only 2lb from my target o:) . But am feeling really guilty today - daughter cooked yesterday for Mothers Day. I couldn't resist the tiramasu cake - the wine was flowing - then there was the baileys not to mention the stilton cheese. I am really cross with myself as I am so near target - but I enjoyed it even though I am suffering today. :x

MMMMM Tiramasu! Well last thurs i lost another 2lbs which was ok. But i have now started training for the race for life so hopefully i will burn off a few more calories although i am already struggling with my training plan and ive only done it 2 days lol!! well done every one and keep going i no it can be tough but just think when we are all toned and can wear any thing we want to without feeling self concious it will be all worth the slog! :cheers:

im not sure i will ever get rid of my baby belly :angry: think i would need to do about a 100 sit ups a day :sweating:

milly said:
Saw Fleesh yesterday, with a big Mars bar & a can of coke in her hand (diet of course) :- " no wonder she's not posted on here since Feb 2nd :- "  :b   :D

Come on fleesh wheres your update

hely said:
im not sure i will ever get rid of my baby belly :angry:   think i would need to do about a 100 sit ups a day :sweating:
Get youreself a wee cheap rowing machine,or better still,get the Total Gym.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back