The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Lure Coursing Extravaganza!!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
so ... is this Saturdays course where the last 32 dog stake was held? :blink:

It's the same place as we were the first time Sarah as far as I know :)

ah right - cool, dont want to be turning up at the wrong place... :clown:

Hi.

Could someone tell me if this meeting is open to visiting spectators ?

If it is, could somone please provide me with the address of the meeting.

Thanks

Brian.

:luck: for tomorrow everyone, but especially Maggiemay, Lola, Boots, Spry & Kane. :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Only one more sleep Sarah. :lol:

Greetings all lure coursers.

There has been about a dozen approaches to me in the last day for news on spectators access for Saturday's( as good as it gets ) Open. We will be delighted to see any and all that would like to spectate and watch lure coursing as it should be done.

I have posted on a earlier thread the directions etc., but it might be useful to duplicate them now:

LITTLE DOG DROVE

HOLBEACH ST JOHN LINCS PE12 8RR

5-6 MILES FROM AI7 ON B1168

FOLLOW SIGNS FOR HOLBEACH ST JOHN AIRFIELD

THE FIELD FOR THE EVENT IS NEXT TO LAZY ACRE CARAVAN PARK

The event commences at 0930 Entry on to running ground is by card purchased at £1 each. Children are free

Can't make any more history i'm afraid, that was made on our last Open (w00t)

Be lovely to see you all. Bring your own refreshments. :D :thumbsup:

Paula Roberts said:
:luck:   for tomorrow everyone, but especially Maggiemay, Lola, Boots, Spry & Kane. :luck:   :luck:   :luck:   :luck: Only one more sleep Sarah. :lol:

ohhh paula, you are fibbing to me.... two more sleeps to go! :(

maggiemay2 said:
Paula Roberts said:
:luck:   for tomorrow everyone, but especially Maggiemay, Lola, Boots, Spry & Kane. :luck:   :luck:   :luck:   :luck: Only one more sleep Sarah. :lol:

ohhh paula, you are fibbing to me.... two more sleeps to go! :(

1 and a half sleeps Sarah you can call the Friday night sleep a whole one with the ungodly time we have to set off to get there (w00t) :lol:

Thanks Paula it will be a good day, the dogs will love it I'm sure :D

OMG I can't wait (w00t) 8) :huggles: :sweating: :x :wub: :cheers: :teehee:

TCx

lamping man said:
There has been about a dozen approaches to me in the last day for news on spectators access for Saturday's( as good as it gets ) Open. We will be delighted to see any and all that would like to spectate and watch lure coursing as it should be done.

I have posted on a earlier thread the directions etc., but it might be useful to duplicate them now:

LITTLE DOG DROVE

The event commences at 0930 Entry on to running ground is by card purchased at £1 each. Children are free

Be lovely to see you all. Bring your own refreshments. :D   :thumbsup:

Thanks for the directions. Me & Wife are looking forward to seeing all the action.

See you all Saturday. :cheers:

brionlinework said:
lamping man said:

LITTLE DOG DROVE

Be lovely to see you all. Bring your own refreshments. :D   :thumbsup:

Thanks for the directions. Me & Wife are looking forward to seeing all the action.

See you all Saturday. :cheers:

Oh good. It will be great to see you. Sorry that I didn't reply directly to your PM yesterday. :thumbsup:

TC said:
OMG I can't wait  (w00t)   8)   :huggles:   :sweating:   :x   :wub:   :cheers:   :teehee:
TCx

are you bringing badger tc,thinks its well over due me meeting him :- "

trish g said:
TC said:
OMG I can't wait  (w00t)   8)   :huggles:   :sweating:   :x   :wub:   :cheers:   :teehee:
TCx

I have to admit I was only intending on bringing Winx and Ruso as they were running.

I'm bringing Jayne, so her Bow will go in one crate and the lads in the other. Also if I bring Badge, then that means Jacob is left at home on his own (albeit with Adam) and I don't normally do that really. I can't bring all four as there won't be room for them all plus Bow, although I'm sure all of mine would like to share a crate with her :* 8) :wacko: :- "

Feel a right meanie now though, depriving you of meeting him (w00t)

It's one of those 'Daddy or Chips' situations......Ruso or Badger, now there's a question for you (w00t) 8) :- "

Tx

TC said:
trish g said:
TC said:
TCx

I have to admit I was only intending on bringing Winx and Ruso as they were running.

I'm bringing Jayne, so her Bow will go in one crate and the lads in the other. Also if I bring Badge, then that means Jacob is left at home on his own (albeit with Adam) and I don't normally do that really. I can't bring all four as there won't be room for them all plus Bow, although I'm sure all of mine would like to share a crate with her :* 8) :wacko: :- "

It's one of those 'Daddy or Chips' situations......Ruso or Badger, now there's a question for you (w00t) 8) :- "

Tx

hate been put on the spot arrgghhhh.

if i have to choose i would have to say ruso seeing he is having a run :- " do you think they will let finley have a run with him ???????????????? or would you prefer ruso run on his own>??????

Last edited by a moderator:
trish g said:
TC said:
trish g said:
TC said:
OMG I can't wait  (w00t)  
TCx

Tx

if i have to choose i would have to say ruso seeing he is having a run :- " do you think they will let finley have a run with him ???????????????? or would you prefer ruso run on his own>??????

I would love to see the boys running together (w00t) but I bow down to the almighty Mr Lamping Man and can only beg 8) We'll have to see what he says :*

I think the ideas was that as I had entered him not knowing about the year cutoff Lampy said that he might be able to have a run, so if we're allowed it would be fab if they let us run the brothers together. Mind you, my money is on Finley as Ruso is still carrying a little too much weight since his mini break in Somerset last weekend (w00t)

TCx

Last edited by a moderator:
TC said:
trish g said:
TC said:
trish g said:
TC said:
OMG I can't wait  (w00t)  
TCx

Tx

I would love to see the boys running together (w00t) but I bow down to the almighty Mr Lamping Man and can only beg 8) We'll have to see what he says :*

I think the ideas was that as I had entered him not knowing about the year cutoff Lampy said that he might be able to have a run, so if we're allowed it would be fab if they let us run the brothers together. Mind you, my money is on Finley as Ruso is still carrying a little too much weight since his mini break in Somerset last weekend (w00t)

TCx

[SIZE=21pt]please please please lampy could the brothers run together for fun pleaseeeee[/SIZE]

trish g said:
TC said:
trish g said:
TC said:
trish g said:
TC said:
OMG I can't wait  (w00t)  
TCx

Tx

TCx

[SIZE=21pt]please please please lampy could the brothers run together for fun pleaseeeee[/SIZE]

Hey. That will be up to Andrea who runs with whom :) I'm just a member. Ask her when you get there. She may well be accommodating :teehee: :luck: I'm off to polish my lenses ready for that TC. o:)

TC said:
trish g said:
TC said:
TCx

Tx

If you wanted to bring Badge i could have Bow on me lap...it that helps TC

or she could share a cage with one of them, im sure she'll be fine with a nice handsome lad laying beside her :- "

Greeting all lure coursers :thumbsup: I have updates for tomorrow's EXTRAVAGANZA!!

The weather today in North Suffolk is sunny if a little breezy

The forcast for tomorrow is for similar.

The meeting at Holbeach is on, of course. There are no known traffic restrictions. The area is not close enough to the east coast for there to be a problem.

This event has attracted probably the strongest field ever assembled with the cream of the lure coursing world participating.

Because of the sensible sizing regime it is not proposed to measure any of the entrants as the notified sizes do not approach our 21 inch limit. However, could owners of racing dogs please bring passports.

Our pre arranged slipper has sustained a knee injury and will not be with us tomorrow. We have of course secured the services of a replacement. Joe Gant will

slip in his usual expert fashion.

The club endeavours to use various slippers and judges throughout the season and by so doing can promote replacements to the card at short notice. As in this case.

Best of luck to everyone, a safe journey and may all dogs go home sound. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you for the update Lampy, professional as ever 8)

Please could we have a comtact number for emergencies, and could you pass on my regards to your injured slipper :huggles:

TCx

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back