The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Urgent Whippet Cross Girly Needs New Home

posh totty

whippet servant
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
ive been asked to rehome a little whippet bitch with a permanent leg injury (cruciate ligament snapped) she is 11mths old , a whippet cross but looks pure whippet , jet black and gorgeous nature :wub:

she has seen my personal vet and they have agreed she could live a happy pet home , although will have a permanent limp or be unsound

im happy to keep her here until the right home comes along , the alternative is the person will have her PTS :( hence why i have her and im asking you all if you know of anyone who wants a lovely little bitch to share a sofa with :huggles:

if you think you can help PLEASE email me and we can chat :thumbsup:

carnt she have it operated on tanya?

trish g said:
Hi,

Please could you tell me where she is and if we could be of any help. We have been looking for a whippet.

We are living in Bournemouth Dorset.

Kind regards...Toots

tanya you are a love taking her in i do hope she finds her forever home soon it looks like she may be in luck :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
posh totty said:
ive been asked to rehome a little whippet bitch with a permanent leg injury (cruciate ligament snapped) she is 11mths old , a whippet cross but looks pure whippet , jet black and gorgeous nature  :wub:
she has seen my personal vet and they have agreed she could live a happy pet home , although will have a permanent limp or be unsound

im happy to keep her here until the right home comes along , the alternative is the person will have her PTS  :(   hence why i have her and  im asking you all if you know of anyone who wants a lovely little bitch to share a sofa with  :huggles:

if you think you can help PLEASE email me and we can chat  :thumbsup:

Member No.: 20,790

Warn: (0%)

QUOTE(trish g @ Sep 29 2008, 01:23 PM)

Hi,

Please could you tell me where she is and if we could be of any help. We have been looking for a whippet.

Kind regards...Toots

Tanya i know we discussed this at yours and you told me

the reason's why her present owner would have her PTS

rather than keep her because of the injury.

And im saying the same here as i said to you, i think it's

disgusting and i really dont understand how they could

even think of doing that to her.

She is a beautiful girl, has the most gorgeous face, she's

pure black and has a shine like gloss on her coat. And so

friendly. Im sure whoever go's to have a look at her will

fall in love, take her home and give her the love she

deserves.

Tanya i have just read what i've typed and i hope you dont

think i am having a go at you personally :huggles:

It would just be so wrong if this girl was not given another

chance.

bless her good job tanya was there to pick up the pieces has she got a home yet? :huggles:

AnnSa said:
Tanya i know we discussed this at yours and you told methe reason's why her present owner would have her PTS

rather than keep her because of the injury.

And im saying the same here as i said to you, i think it's

disgusting and i really dont understand how they could

even think of doing that to her.

She is a beautiful girl, has the most gorgeous face, she's

pure black and has a shine like gloss on her coat. And so

friendly. Im sure whoever go's to have a look at her will

fall in love, take her home and give her the love she

deserves.

Tanya i have just read what i've typed and i hope you dont

think i am having a go at you personally  :huggles:

It would just be so wrong if this girl was not given another

chance.

i know you aint having a go at me hun :huggles: you just think im nuts taking another on :teehee: :oops: you can see as you have seen her why i couldnt let her go to be PTS :(

she can be operated on at a cost of approx 1500- 2000 ? however total rest and TLC could bring her a stiffness or lameness with little or no pain , she is no longer on any painkillers which is good news and the leg could go down to the floor in time :thumbsup:

lets see what we can all do to find her a great forever home :huggles:

oh bless her she sounds a gorgeous girl,hope she finds that loving heart and home she deserves :luck: :luck: :luck: :huggles:

Tan, you're in a class of your own hun.... :D good on ya for helping this poor little girl... :thumbsup:

trish g said:
oh bless her she sounds a gorgeous girl,hope she finds that loving heart and home she deserves :luck:   :luck:   :luck:   :huggles:
She is gorgeous Trish..........you just want to give her a

big cuddle and make her all better :huggles:

Tanya you are such a kind hearted person... :huggles:

Good luck for this little girl...hope she finds a special home soon. :luck:

if i lived closer she would be more than welcome to enjoy a forever home with us ...

my girls all agree that they would make room for her in front of the wood burner :wub:

why did i have to move so far North :(

good luck to the little one - hope she finds someone special to love her always :thumbsup:

toots said:
trish g said:
Hi,

Kind regards...Toots

Posh Totty lives in Norfolk.

I have a whippet with a permanent limp it has never stopped her having fu, or giving cuddles :huggles:

Rae said:
toots said:
trish g said:
Hi,

Kind regards...Toots

Posh Totty lives in Norfolk.

I have a whippet with a permanent limp it has never stopped her having fu, or giving cuddles :huggles:

Rae does it stop her from playing with your others?...or can she damage herself more by doing so?

i have known horses with cruciate ligament problems it just means you have to take things easy this little girl will probably never be allowed to have a run off the lead but will make someone a lovely pet i just wish i had room at the inn :(

cruciate surgery isn't necessarily that expensive.

at the vets where i work one of the vets recently did cruciate surgery on a springer spaniel whose ligament had snapped and the cost of the op was around £800.

i think wherever possible the surgery should be carried out giving the dog a better chance of a normal life.

i hope she finds a nice forever home with someone willing to get her the surgery she deserves, she sounds like a lovely little dog.

good luck with finding her a loving permanent home.x

How long has she had the injury, Tanya?

Is it still operable?

Its recent Jane :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back