The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Urgent Whippet Cross Girly Needs New Home

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
jinnyfizz said:
A picture of Poacher when she was 4 months old :wub:   :wub:   :wub:
front.jpg

aww shes beautiful :wub: :huggles:

Just caught up with this story - although I know you were talking about it last night - what a lovely end to a sad story. Thanks Tanya and Jane for working so hard to save this little girlie :huggles:

Wishing Poacher lots of luck for a good recovery from her injury :luck: I'm sure she will enjoy her super new home :huggles:

Congratulations on your new addition and you are both angels for what you have done for her ...... just wish there were more people like you both around :thumbsup:

:luck: for her recovery :luck: and I look forward to seeing that video in the spring :D

what a nice ending to a sad story, well done to you both for coming to her rescue.

Hope she can make a full recovery in time, she's going to enjoy being spoilt and all her new family :thumbsup: :luck: :luck:

She looks even better now than she does in the picture Jane :thumbsup:

jinnyfizz said:
Rae said:
(Are you a medical rep Jane?  I work with medical reps if Taunton isnt too far out of your area?)
Yes, I am, Rae :lol: But my territory only extends to Devon and Cornwall - however Taunton isn't that far away from Tiverton/Cullompton so I could always visit :- " :thumbsup:

What do you do, Rae?

Work for Somerset LMC, looking after GP Education Trust, we often need sponsorship for events, shame its out of your area. But if you are ever in the Blackdowns (where we live) you should call in to say hello :D

Rae said:
jinnyfizz said:
Rae said:
(Are you a medical rep Jane?  I work with medical reps if Taunton isnt too far out of your area?)
Yes, I am, Rae :lol: But my territory only extends to Devon and Cornwall - however Taunton isn't that far away from Tiverton/Cullompton so I could always visit :- " :thumbsup:

What do you do, Rae?

Work for Somerset LMC, looking after GP Education Trust, we often need sponsorship for events, shame its out of your area. But if you are ever in the Blackdowns (where we live) you should call in to say hello :D

Cool 8) :thumbsup:

I'll PM you a couple of phone numbers for reps who have budget in your area ;)

Awwwwwwwwwwwww bless,what a darling :wub: :wub: Well done you both :huggles: :huggles:

Ann make sure Jane goes to the toilet before she leaves ,please look after the old girl :- "

I certainly will Trac :thumbsup: :lol:

jinnyfizz said:
Thank you for all your kind comments, everyone, and the encouragement for Poacher's recovery :huggles:   :thumbsup:
I am now having a long-overdue clear out of my dining room so that I can house her crate when she is at home.  We will carry it upstairs at night so that she doesn't have to sleep alone downstairs (she has been used to sleeping with her young owner) and, of course, she will come out with me in the car crate whenever I am at work :)

I truly hope that I can do the best for this little girl, she is still so young and still growing :wub: My greatest wish is to be able to post a video of her running freely again next Spring :luck:   :thumbsup:

Jane, what size crate do you want for the bedroom? I have a few spare ones and it would be a nightmare for you to be carrying one up and down stairs every day.

If you're near Collumpton I'm only about half an hour from there...

TCx

TC said:
jinnyfizz said:
Thank you for all your kind comments, everyone, and the encouragement for Poacher's recovery :huggles:   :thumbsup:
I am now having a long-overdue clear out of my dining room so that I can house her crate when she is at home.  We will carry it upstairs at night so that she doesn't have to sleep alone downstairs (she has been used to sleeping with her young owner) and, of course, she will come out with me in the car crate whenever I am at work :)

I truly hope that I can do the best for this little girl, she is still so young and still growing :wub: My greatest wish is to be able to post a video of her running freely again next Spring :luck:   :thumbsup:

Jane, what size crate do you want for the bedroom? I have a few spare ones and it would be a nightmare for you to be carrying one up and down stairs every day.

If you're near Collumpton I'm only about half an hour from there...

TCx

You have a PM, Tracey :thumbsup:

Thank you for thinking of us :huggles:

[SIZE=21pt]what a lovely girl hope all goes well for you and poacher :huggles: [/SIZE]

Paul W said:
Well done Jinnyfizz. Lets all pray these people don't get another dog now they've off loaded this one. Dogs are animals not china tea pots to be discarded when you break them through no fault of their own.  The people that do this type of sport shoud be in a position to look after the injured dog either with their own money or via insurance. Cant believe someone whos pennyless could risk the dangers of hunting. :rant:   :rant:   :rant:

[SIZE=21pt]This kind of injury could of happened anywhere not just in hunting, glad she has found a home but igree with the owner, not many people would home a dog with an injury have seen this first hand in racing greyhounds, so in some cases if a nice loved home inviroment can't be found then having them pts is the kindest thing because not every dog has the opportunity of finding a loving home, some go from one bad home to another and then the damage is irriversible, metal and physical, i can't think of an thing worse than that.[/SIZE]

Debbie b said:
Paul W said:
Well done Jinnyfizz. Lets all pray these people don't get another dog now they've off loaded this one. Dogs are animals not china tea pots to be discarded when you break them through no fault of their own.  The people that do this type of sport shoud be in a position to look after the injured dog either with their own money or via insurance. Cant believe someone whos pennyless could risk the dangers of hunting. :rant:   :rant:   :rant:

[SIZE=21pt]This kind of injury could of happened anywhere not just in hunting, glad she has found a home but igree with the owner, not many people would home a dog with an injury have seen this first hand in racing greyhounds, so in some cases if a nice loved home inviroment can't be found then having them pts is the kindest thing because not every dog has the opportunity of finding a loving home, some go from one bad home to another and then the damage is irriversible, mental and physical, i can't think of an thing worse than that.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]SORRY[/SIZE]

Didn't mean to sound heartless, as i am not,had too many rescues in my time, my point and only my point (not related to this little pup cos she's lovely), wouldnt it be better (if pts was the only option,)than the dog i being passed around from pillar to post and alsorts happening to it. seen too many dogs so distressed and not being able to live in a happy loving home

[SIZE=14pt]and totally agree with you treating the injury would be the best thing, but not many[/SIZE]

people think like that

just catching up on this well done jane again and tanya.

she looks like a gorgeous wee girl, so glad she has the chance to get better :huggles: :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back